Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Wow, you're so gay... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:46 pm
Inyeri the Frozen
Shanna66
Inyeri the Frozen
Shanna66
no offense to you or anything, but if someone says your so gay becasue you think a rainbow looks pretty and it makes you start crying i think you may need to grow tougher skin.

what that person said was mean and they shouldnt have said that, but that was a very tame situation

once again, i mean no offense to you and im not trying to be mean. but if such a tame situation upsets you that much how will you get on in the real world if your friend isnt there all the time?

No, yea I understand and believe me I have toughened myself as much as I can. It wasn't the "Wow, you are so gay." part, but I cannot handle the word f*****t. It never fails to rip me down.

that i can understand. the work dyke used to upset me quite a bit. took me a couple years and some self hatred but finally got over it for the most part.

How did you get over it? I know that words only have power if you give them power and words are just that, words. But, I just can't seem to make it harmless to me.

i kept reminding myself that i have a very good life and since whatever higher being was out there made me a bisexual i should try to embrace it and if anyone didnt like that then that was their problem to deal with, not mine.

my life is too good to waste caring what ignorant people have to say about me  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:47 pm
Gordums
Inyeri the Frozen
Gordums
Don't let their hate speech upset you - they speak from an ignorant and priviliged point of view.
But also, don't let them get awya with it. You need to stand up and tlel them their language is offensive and inappropriate.

I am assuming these people are heterosexual and if they are, they sit from a priviliged view where they are allowed to flaunt their sexuality without being marginalized. If they have an issue with your sexuality or gender or their own, they they need to work on it.

Okay, but how do I stand up to them? Or rather if I do and they get pissed and want to fight me or something, do I continue to fight back?
Also, I think one of them is in the closet. I try to be nice to him as often as I can, he acts normal when we are alone, but when he's around others he feels the need to point out how he thinks some guy sitting across the room looks like he's gay.

Just talk to them in a friendly manner, and express that you're not trying to belittle them or personally attack them, but just some of the things they say or do are offensive. Talk to them you would another person or friend.
IF you're in college, they won't start a fight. If they do get aggressive, simply tell them you're not looking to fight, you're just letting them know their actions are hateful.
Even if he is in the closet, that's no excuse for him to do that. It actually makes it harder for him to be accepted. You can say to him to not judge other people when they are gay because that perosn may be strugglign with their sexuality or something.

Okay, I think I understand now. Thank you so much.
I may use that last sentence the next time he says something next semester.

Inyeri the Frozen

Beloved Flatterer

7,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Overstocked 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Gordums

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:49 pm
Inyeri the Frozen
Gordums
Inyeri the Frozen
Gordums
Don't let their hate speech upset you - they speak from an ignorant and priviliged point of view.
But also, don't let them get awya with it. You need to stand up and tlel them their language is offensive and inappropriate.

I am assuming these people are heterosexual and if they are, they sit from a priviliged view where they are allowed to flaunt their sexuality without being marginalized. If they have an issue with your sexuality or gender or their own, they they need to work on it.

Okay, but how do I stand up to them? Or rather if I do and they get pissed and want to fight me or something, do I continue to fight back?
Also, I think one of them is in the closet. I try to be nice to him as often as I can, he acts normal when we are alone, but when he's around others he feels the need to point out how he thinks some guy sitting across the room looks like he's gay.

Just talk to them in a friendly manner, and express that you're not trying to belittle them or personally attack them, but just some of the things they say or do are offensive. Talk to them you would another person or friend.
IF you're in college, they won't start a fight. If they do get aggressive, simply tell them you're not looking to fight, you're just letting them know their actions are hateful.
Even if he is in the closet, that's no excuse for him to do that. It actually makes it harder for him to be accepted. You can say to him to not judge other people when they are gay because that perosn may be strugglign with their sexuality or something.

Okay, I think I understand now. Thank you so much.
I may use that last sentence the next time he says something next semester.

You're most welcome. And please feel free to. Encourage change and inclusitivity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:49 pm
Shanna66
Inyeri the Frozen
Shanna66
Inyeri the Frozen
Shanna66
no offense to you or anything, but if someone says your so gay becasue you think a rainbow looks pretty and it makes you start crying i think you may need to grow tougher skin.

what that person said was mean and they shouldnt have said that, but that was a very tame situation

once again, i mean no offense to you and im not trying to be mean. but if such a tame situation upsets you that much how will you get on in the real world if your friend isnt there all the time?

No, yea I understand and believe me I have toughened myself as much as I can. It wasn't the "Wow, you are so gay." part, but I cannot handle the word f*****t. It never fails to rip me down.

that i can understand. the work dyke used to upset me quite a bit. took me a couple years and some self hatred but finally got over it for the most part.

How did you get over it? I know that words only have power if you give them power and words are just that, words. But, I just can't seem to make it harmless to me.

i kept reminding myself that i have a very good life and since whatever higher being was out there made me a bisexual i should try to embrace it and if anyone didnt like that then that was their problem to deal with, not mine.

True... hmm I suppose I should try caring about myself a bit more and not what others think.  

Inyeri the Frozen

Beloved Flatterer

7,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Overstocked 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:55 pm
Inyeri the Frozen
Shanna66
Inyeri the Frozen
Shanna66
Inyeri the Frozen
Shanna66

True... hmm I suppose I should try caring about myself a bit more and not what others think.

i wish you lots of luck smile there will always be stupid people to say stupid things. keep reminding yourself that there is nothing wrong with being gay  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:23 pm
-kakashiandyaoi-
Well if ou are chistian isnt a rainbow the symbol of gods promise to never flood the earth again 0-o
Wow, that's the coolest thing i've heard Christians come up with xp  

Duct Tape Trap

3,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

-kakashiandyaoi-

Sweet Man-Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:40 pm
Duct Tape Trap
-kakashiandyaoi-
Well if ou are chistian isnt a rainbow the symbol of gods promise to never flood the earth again 0-o

lol im not christian anyway XD  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:43 pm
-kakashiandyaoi-
Duct Tape Trap
-kakashiandyaoi-

I figured... it's cool that you know about some of their stuff though. I was raised by Christians up until about 6. I couldn't possibly believe in their religion, more like a mythology to me.  

Duct Tape Trap

3,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

-kakashiandyaoi-

Sweet Man-Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:45 pm
Duct Tape Trap
-kakashiandyaoi-
Duct Tape Trap
-kakashiandyaoi-

I figured... it's cool that you know about some of their stuff though. I was raised by Christians up until about 6. I couldn't possibly believe in their religion, more like a mythology to me.

Lol me 2 once i belived i was gay (age 12) i stopped beliving  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:49 pm
-kakashiandyaoi-
Duct Tape Trap
-kakashiandyaoi-
Duct Tape Trap
-kakashiandyaoi-

I'm not sure when I stopped, but I've been calling myself agnostic for 3 or four years now. I always knew I liked guys, but I didn't start calling myself bi until about 5 years ago.  

Duct Tape Trap

3,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

-kakashiandyaoi-

Sweet Man-Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:51 pm
Duct Tape Trap
-kakashiandyaoi-
Duct Tape Trap
-kakashiandyaoi-
Duct Tape Trap
-kakashiandyaoi-

I'm not sure when I stopped, but I've been calling myself agnostic for 3 or four years now. I always knew I liked guys, but I didn't start calling myself bi until about 5 years ago.

Same i didnt want to be gay cause everyone said it would be awful but then i accepted it biggrin so now im hppy ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:55 pm
-kakashiandyaoi-
Duct Tape Trap
-kakashiandyaoi-
Duct Tape Trap
-kakashiandyaoi-

Same i didnt want to be gay cause everyone said it would be awful but then i accepted it biggrin so now im hppy ^^
I'm not sure if I'll ever be happy with y bisexuality.. what I'm really worried about is that there's a point, where it turns out I'm really just gay. But at least someone's happy out there biggrin  

Duct Tape Trap

3,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

-kakashiandyaoi-

Sweet Man-Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:58 pm
Duct Tape Trap
-kakashiandyaoi-
Duct Tape Trap
-kakashiandyaoi-
Duct Tape Trap
-kakashiandyaoi-

I'm not sure if I'll ever be happy with y bisexuality.. what I'm really worried about is that there's a point, where it turns out I'm really just gay. But at least someone's happy out there biggrin

Ya... But im more skared of being gay than being sad over it  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:01 pm
-kakashiandyaoi-
Duct Tape Trap
-kakashiandyaoi-
Duct Tape Trap
-kakashiandyaoi-

Lol, what's worse is being ugly and gay.  

Duct Tape Trap

3,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

-kakashiandyaoi-

Sweet Man-Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:04 pm
Duct Tape Trap
-kakashiandyaoi-
Duct Tape Trap
-kakashiandyaoi-
Duct Tape Trap
-kakashiandyaoi-

Lol, what's worse is being ugly and gay.

lol 3nodding  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces