Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 08 Level 0 - The Red Zone (archive)
Cinders of the Future 2: Phoenix Ashes OoC Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iD bracerS

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:30 pm
So I have made a mistake, which is uncharacteristic for me and likely an event you should all be sure to record, for its ilk will not be heard from again in the next millenia or three, at least. I have accepted seven veterans. If one of those veterans is willing to step down and either become a young'n (you may have to change pokémon, because this one needs to be able to evolve) or a geezer, Siber and I are willing to grant you a bonus two AP or weapon to start with.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:38 pm
I'll step down and become a geezer; I'll be recreating my character from scratch and resubmit it in a bit, if that's alright. I'd like to keep the pokemon I already have reserved, however.  

Excoss.Omega

Mr. Blackbird Lore

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:25 pm
Excoss.Omega
I'll step down and become a geezer; I'll be recreating my character from scratch and resubmit it in a bit, if that's alright. I'd like to keep the pokemon I already have reserved, however.

Welcome to the Old Folks Party.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:22 pm
Halloo everyone~ *waves* Good to be here and all that.

Also, good avvies all around~  

StrykerZero7

6,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Excoss.Omega

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:36 pm
Keh, good to be here...hey, I think I can see the precipice of death from here!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:04 am
Hello, faces! Agreed, the avis are pretty dang well put together. I'll be putting up starting AP totals; to inform, Excoss Ω did in fact step down from veteran position to be a geezer, as he said, so he'll be starting with 7 instead of 5. To update on the state of weapons/TMs/such things:

Miscellaneous items will be granted as is sensible. Some of your characters are more military-oriented and will therefore have allowances made for ammo, knives, etc. What follows are general guidelines; basically, as long as you don't massively overpower your character, we're fine with it ^.^

All young'ns start with an empty pokéball and maybe a small weapon like a knife, BB gun, or slingshot, but it'll cost AP to upgrade to a gun.

All veterans start with a sidearm or some medieval-type weapon, if your char's quirky like that, a slightly heavier weapon if they so wish, and two potions (or a potion and an antidote, you get the picture). For instance, Lacy Quark will be starting with her blowgun, and since that one has special ammo, it'll be her heavy weapon. Therefore, she may also carry a light handgun of some kind (as some of you know, my modern weapons knowledge is pretty terrible). Because she's obviously not a militant, she may carry a bonus potion thing. Vehicles will have to be strongly argued for via writing history into it. Keep in mind cars are almost a hundred percent obsolete, without a steady supply of gas to these cities.

All geezers start with a sidearm, two hi-potions (or equivalent), a great ball, and much easier access to a vehicle. These bonuses are countered by the fact that for the most part, as older people, they don't have the agility or endurance they once did, and will therefore for the most part be relying on their pokémon and ingenuity.

A lot of this is arbitrary, so if you want stuff, post in this thread and we'll give you a rough AP count or permission or whatever. Sound good? Good ^.^  

SiberDrac

Faithfull Fire

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:51 am
How much AP would it take to catch a rare pokemon, like a Skarmory? This is something I have planned for later in the RP.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:23 am
SiberDrac has just put in the first post of real story line! It is not something that can generate responses, but frankly, we don't have time today to create that. Instead, just enjoy his writing... you know, if you can razz

A note: once posting starts, please post in just normal fonts. You may change them for OoC if you want, but let's not have center-justified, oxblood, Comic Sans craziness, please.

Another note: it's not something that changes every day, but keep an eye on the announcements page, maybe every week or so. Eventually, I will likely turn that into something more useful and move all announcements over here.

To answer Faithfull's question: a skarmory would cost 9 AP, the way I see it right now, but that is a number that may change as I reconsider things.

iD bracerS

Faithfull Fire

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:37 am
Thanks.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:48 am
We've reconsidered and changed that number to 12, in addition to actually having a formula for how much catching a pokémon will cost 8D anyone who catches on to that formula gets a free AP.  

SiberDrac

Faithfull Fire

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:17 am
That's fair. 'm guessing that the rarer the pokemon, the more AP it takes to catch it. That or the more powerful it is.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:20 am
Yeah, but there's math involved! :O which is horrifying for a biology major!  

SiberDrac

Faithfull Fire

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:23 am
I hate maths.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:23 pm
The promise of free AP means I'd be remiss in not at least giving it some effort... sooo, I shall guess that the formula is the number of letters in the pokemon's name +4. What, why are you all looking at me like that?;;

*looks at the point value ranges in the main thread* Well there goes that theory, back to work on that... it looks like it's off to a good start, btw~  

StrykerZero7

6,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Faithfull Fire

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:23 pm
Is it something to do with their base stats?  
08 Level 0 - The Red Zone (archive)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff