Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
I Recently Came Out As Bisexual.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HazyKoala

Lonely Sex Symbol

8,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:03 pm
All my friends are extremely accepting, and I feel great now... Except for one thing. I am not sure how my mom will react.
My mom said (a few weeks before I came out to my friends) this:
"There's no such thing as bisexual. Either one or the other. Bisexuals are just confused."
I know I like both guys and girls, and I'm scared that if I tell my mom, she'll deny it, harass me about it, and jump to the conclusions of bisexual stereotypes such as me being "a confused desperate slut who wants to do everyone she sees."
I have had relationship problems recently, including going on a date a week after my previous boyfriend broke up with me. Both her and my dad imply that they think I'm kind of a slut, and I don't think telling them I'm bisexual would help me get rid of that image in my parents's mind.
So... tl;dr. Should I tell my parents that I'm bi, even if they don't believe bisexuality is real?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:13 pm
I suggest you rent a documentary or book on bisexual behavior. And if she says, "No, I know everything there is about bisexuality." don't listen to her. Force her to learn about this. Also, I suggest you sit down and write a letter to her about what being a bisexual means. As for the bisexuals are sluts thing, ask her if she has ever wanted to hook up with every man she saw. She'll probably say no. Hope I've helped!  

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100

Gordums

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:30 am
First of all, what's wrong with bisexuality? Things aren't always concrete. If people can like one sex, there are other people that cna love the other sex, and there are people who can like both. It's not like all women like men and vice versa because we know that s**t is out the window rolleyes
Second of all what's wrong with taking charge of your sex life? It's your sex life and not your parents. As well, if people have issues with you being sexual, perhaps they may need to get over their insecurities before they judge your sexuality - which to be honest, thye shouldn't be judging in the first place.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:41 am
Gordums
First of all, what's wrong with bisexuality? Things aren't always concrete. If people can like one sex, there are other people that cna love the other sex, and there are people who can like both. It's not like all women like men and vice versa because we know that s**t is out the window rolleyes
Second of all what's wrong with taking charge of your sex life? It's your sex life and not your parents. As well, if people have issues with you being sexual, perhaps they may need to get over their insecurities before they judge your sexuality - which to be honest, thye shouldn't be judging in the first place.

Well, because I'm still rather young my parents still have control over my love life. But definitely, they shouldn't judge me about my love life. I think someday over the summer once school is out, I'll sit down my mom and talk to her about it.  

HazyKoala

Lonely Sex Symbol

8,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Clambake 200

Shilberu Erikku

1,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:43 pm
Ramona V Pilgrim
All my friends are extremely accepting, and I feel great now... Except for one thing. I am not sure how my mom will react.
My mom said (a few weeks before I came out to my friends) this:
"There's no such thing as bisexual. Either one or the other. Bisexuals are just confused."
I know I like both guys and girls, and I'm scared that if I tell my mom, she'll deny it, harass me about it, and jump to the conclusions of bisexual stereotypes such as me being "a confused desperate slut who wants to do everyone she sees."
I have had relationship problems recently, including going on a date a week after my previous boyfriend broke up with me. Both her and my dad imply that they think I'm kind of a slut, and I don't think telling them I'm bisexual would help me get rid of that image in my parents's mind.
So... tl;dr. Should I tell my parents that I'm bi, even if they don't believe bisexuality is real?

All assumptions are based off some desire. So, subconciously, for some reason or another, she doesn't WANT bisexuality to be real. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:43 pm
Grats. Hope it all works out. ♥  

noigel

Dapper Sentai

9,700 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100

Matasoga

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:15 pm
Shilberu Erikku
All assumptions are based off some desire. So, subconciously, for some reason or another, she doesn't WANT bisexuality to be real. sweatdrop

That's far to broad a statement to be even remotely true, but just in case it has an application here, it would probably because she doesn't understand it... But really her ignorance is shocking and disturbing.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games