Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Genderless infant. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TaoShaman

Mewling Vampire

7,650 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:31 am
Like someone said before, they're kind of making their child into a science experiment and alienating them. If the family's fine with it okay, but what about other people? Humans are cruel and this is just going to make things worse. You can still tell your child their gender and not confine them to gender roles. And even if you do, they don't have to stay to them in the future. And not everyone who has gender specific toys uses them that way. I know that I had dolls, but would mainly cut their hair and clothes because I thought they'd look better and would prefer stuffed animals anyway. And if they have two siblings that are told their gender that really does make it worse. If they don't end up having major self-esteem issues they could grow up to be an arrogant jerk thinking they're better because they have been told they're different or "special" it happens with people that are just told they're special by their parents. You can raise your child unisexually without alienating them like this. This just seems to be going too far, at least for this. If you look at the statistics, kids with unusual names end up in jail a lot more often, how would that work for someone with an unusual name and without a gender? This just makes the future look very bleak and truly awful for everyone involved. And everyone takes health class in school, they're going to find out at some point anyway.  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:54 am
Hugel
I think the public is all riled and all haywhire because they decided to use the word "Genderless" rather than "Raise their baby unisexually".

:I when you raise a baby as a girl, you give her aspects of the "girl"
When you raise a baby as a boy, you give him the aspects of a "boy"

When you raise a baby genderless or unisexually, you drop the silly pink and blue and go for neutral colors. And give them toys that either of both sides of the spectrum or toys that unisex and are more to explore the child's learning and creativity, like...blocks and crafts.

Though they need to make a toy kitchen set with no flowers and so much pink and white. I know plenty of boys who steal the set from their younger sisters and scribble different colors onto it.

Denkou Soshiatae

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces