Submit

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:50 am
Maybe it was for the good? Because of the tornado part of my ceiling is missing, which leads to the attic. My cat kept getting up there and in the process, hurt her foot. I was left alone with her all day, nursing her and such. Bringing her food and such. Climbing into the sweltering attic and risking life and limb to coax her out of the corner because she seemed to be too hurt/scared to come back down this time. Despite the fact that she looked pretty happy (after I got her out of the attic) she really didn't want to get up. Amusingly enough she made a bed out of my heating pad, which wasn't on, but..still. When she did walk she kept all the weight off her foot.
Her foot was visibly injured. Her toes looked all weird and I did some examining and one seemed like it was jammed up, and the others were all pushed in some weird position. And her foot was slightly to the side.
I knew I was going to have a hard time convincing my mom to try to get her to the vet so I figured I probably needed to do something about her foot, so it didn't end up getting all jacked up.
It was at night when I realized her foot was twisted slightly, and I did something stupid. I took her foot, and twisted it to the side to how her foot should be aligned with her leg. I felt a pop, and suddenly all of her toes were in alignment and it looked like a normal foot.
There was a little swelling last night, but this morning it's like nothing ever happened. She's walking around on it just fine, running about, jumping, and you can hardly tell it was ever hurt. It is very, very slightly swollen but the swelling seems to be going down significantly.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:25 am
The plop part freaked me out a bit.

I'm not a vet so I can't tell you if you did a good job or anything.

But how's the cat after you "fixed" her leg/foot?

Can she put some weight on it already, walk on it normally?  

pompoennetje

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:26 am
Dianda Panda

Like I said, she's fine. She's walking around on it normally like nothing ever happened.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:29 am
iDiru
Dianda Panda

Like I said, she's fine. She's walking around on it normally like nothing ever happened.

Just keep an eye out to her.

If she can do everything with her foot anymore, I don't see a problem in it.
But that's my opinion.  

pompoennetje

Azusanga

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:46 am
Just keep an eye on it, but it sounds like the wonders of a dislocation. A paw is a hinge joint if I remember correctly, so if it skipped out of place, the toes would misalign from the ligaments and whatnot being pulled in odd directions.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:30 pm
Yeah. Especially with the pop and everything working like normal now.. totally sounds like a dislocation.  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:48 pm
Cowboy has dislocated his toe and foot on more than one occasion. Most of the time it popped back in on it's own. As long as there was no open wound, there's no risk of infection, if she's putting weight on it now, it's highly unlikely there's anything broken. I would monitor the swelling but I think you're probably safe. Just be careful in the future, never force a dislocated limb into place. What my brother does when his shoulder comes back out is he has me pull slightly on it and let it naturally fall back into place. Anyway, I'm telling you this because once someone has dislocated a joint, they are predisposed to dislocating that joint, so it might never happen again, but, chances are it would be very easy for her to dislocate again. Especially if she was walking around in that state for a while. She might have stretched out the ligaments protecting it.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games