Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Pokémon Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's #1 Pokémon Guild. Come talk, trade, battle, or just hang out! 

Tags: Pokemon, Black White, HeartGold SoulSilver, ORAS, Nintendo 

Reply Public Archives
Pokémon Legends: Liberation (Open) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 408 409 410 411 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jump Einatz
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:46 pm
Salieri raised her eyebrow at Wayne's "reassurance" to Eunmi. Telling her that her pokemon could die? Well, at least it was honest.

As Wayne gave Eunmi one of Petilil's leaves, Sal's mouth formed an O of surprise and interest. It was just like how a Pansage's leaf could help relieve exhaustion. A very innovative move on Wayne's part. Sal made sure to take note of that particular pokemon's attributes.

After Wayne introduced himself, Salieri took a step back to face the group. "The name's Salieri Del Forrest, but you can just call me Sal for short," she announced as she jabbed her chest with her thumb and put her other hand proudly on her hip. "And this here is Chen Zhen."

In response, Chen Zhen happily did a standing backflip and gave Wayne and Eunmi a thumbs up. "There you go. Now you know me," she told Wayne with a playful wink before turning her eyes down to Eunmi's Oshawatt. She recognized it as one of Unova's three official starter pokemon.

"So this is an Oshawott, huh?" Sal took out her pokedex and opened it up, allowing it to scan the pokemon before her.
"Oshawott, the Sea Otter Pokemon. It fights using the scalchop on its stomach.The scalchop on its stomach is made from the same elements as claws. It detaches the scalchop for use as a blade."

"Whoa, no way," Sal commented with interest as she put away her pokedex. "That's kind of cool, like a swordsman. I've got one of those." Unclipping her only other pokeball from her belt, she enlarged it to normal size and clicked the center button. The pokeball opened up, and in a flash of red light materialized a Pawniard. The small blade pokemon stood up from it's crouching position, silently taking in the people and pokemon around him. "Liuye Dao, show some manners."

Liuye quietly bowed with his arms at his side, first to Eunmi and Wayne before bowing to Dali and Petilil. Turning the Chen Zhen, he gave the Pansage a quick upwards nod, which was met with another. "So I take it you're new at this too?" Sal prodded as she looked up at Eunmi. Based on her panic, it had seemed pretty clear to Salieri that Eunmi was a rookie as well. Wayne, she wasn't so sure of. He at least seemed to have a grasp of the basics.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:16 pm
(4 steps later)
Robby Tobb was winded, forced to pause and catch his breath. He bent over slightly, trying to focus on getting his breath back, and not that he was abandoning the person who had screamed. Not his problem, what could he do anyway? So, he caught his breath, and stood back up to his full height with confidence. And then something bumped into him.

The youth let out a grunt as he was run into, and looked at the person who had fallen. He was about to ask if she was alright, maybe offer a chip-well, not really- when he saw why she was running...

"Roast! Bacon!" The two were released in a panicked swing of his arms, the two arriving to see that they were outnumbered by six Lillipups. Oh, they weren't weak, they'd come from the town of the first gym all the way to here safely enough. Gained some power, too. But the trainer? Not a very good one.

"Roast, spit at 'em!" He meant water gun, the ducklett knew. After eight times fainting, it had learned. "Bacon! Tackle it!" The actual name of the move was a good way to go, there. The two chose their own targets, opting for the same one in what was almost a comedic accidental fainting of Bacon. Instead, they moved in what would, in a skilled trainer's group, be called an excellent assault of teamwork.

Of course, the two new pokemon jumping into the fray had the pack of Lillipups picking targets other than the trainer who was trying to run away. "Why'd ya have t' bring so many? We ain't gonna win, an' I'm gonna get bitten and beaten up an'... an'..." Robby Tobb recovered enough to begin giving orders again.

"Spit again! Tackle again! That one over there!" He pointed into the pack at random, a vague enough order to not actually take responsibility for the pokemon's choice in targets. Or so he told himself.

As to the effects of the attacks, the first one went over well, the Lillipup was caught by the watergun and blinded long enough not to put up a proper defense for the tackle. Unfortunately, the lapse in giving orders had the pokemon up again and with the pack surrounding the two.

Perhaps fortunately, Bacon would choose the same target, the two would collide, and the Lillipup would faint, with Tepig damaged just a smidge, in comparison, but Roast would aim for another target, hit it, and the two would be overwhelmed by two tackles each...  

Klarp Glornharm

Moroseth Anaratharach

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:03 pm
Alexander stood up from where he was sitting on the pathway to the sounds of a great commotion. The dull thuds and crunches of bodies slamming into another accompanied by grunts and growls were a dead give away of what he would see.

He took a few steps forward until he could make out the pokemon that were making such a ruckus. He raised an eyebrow and stifled a laugh at the scene, the trainer it seemed was a rather large kid who seemed to be wildly flailing and shouting whilst his pokemon chaotically ran about smashing into wild lilipups. It seemed to be effective enough however, though from Alexander's point of view, the trainer still seemed at a bit of a disadvantage.

As Alexander came a bit closer, a clicking noise could be heard, accompanied by a low growl as his Nidorino, Angron raised his spines and lowered his ears. The headstrong little pokemon loved to fight, and looked up at his trainer with a pleading look.

"No Angron... Not right now.. we're just watching..."

Alexander was met with a grunt of protest as the Nidorino pawed at the dirt anxiously. Alexander cracked a half smile, he could tell that the little pokemon was debating charging off regardless of his master's commands.

That's something I've always liked about him...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:05 am
A commotion. From seemingly no where. A girl ran into a larger boy with a pack of Lillipup behind her. Admittingly the sight was bit funny and Avan did have a small chuckle at their expense. What could he say, physical comedy was something he enjoyed when it wasn't him; then again, doesn't everyone?

Almost immediately a battle began the larger boy attempted to battle the pack with his two Pokemon. It was then Avan noticed another boy along the pathway watching. Was he going to step in? Avan looked at Baku who watched intently with a strange smile, and then back at the boy. He's just watching. He thought, I really hate being a nice guy...too much trouble.

Purposefully walking past the on-looker, Avan spoke up, "Maybe Munna and I can be of some help?" Baku seemed surprised by his inquiry. He floated in front of Avan and cocked his head, which was its entire body. "Oh don't look at me like that." Then a smirk. Avan crossed his arms. "I told you I'm not a trainer. I'm just helping." The boy effeminately removed his bangs from his right eye and pointed at the Lillipup. "Just use Psybeam."

From the pink dot that adorned Baku's forehead, a rainbow colored beamed was loosed at the Lillipup, trying to take out as many as it could with the attack.

HarlequinKing

Angelic Strawberry

16,425 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50

Avalite

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:40 am
Robby's Pokemon were decent enough, fairing well against the Lillipup. To be honest, they were doing well enough to say they could possibly win, or beat a few at least.

Two lay unconscious in the dirt, and a third(the one who had been beaten up a smidge before courtesy of Henrietta and Melty) soon followed. This left three and they moved in circles around the pair and their Pokemon. They'd choose when to attack.

And from a blind side came the stream of pink light. It crashed into one of the Lillipup. The little doggy Pokemon would lose its footing and go skidding along the ground before halting.

The remaining two Pokemon looked in the direction of the attacker. Avan stood with a Munna and behind him, Alexander with a Nidorino. Now the two Lillipup were outnumbered and, realizing this, they retreated.

Henrietta sat dumbfounded. She looked from the retreating Lillipup to the obese boy and then over to the other two. Now, she was never good with people, never had been, so that dumbfoundedness was accompanied by an awkward silence from her, as she didn't know what to say.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:13 am
Wayne's expression petered out from a smile to quiet observation as Salieri turned her attention to Eunmi. So they were both new trainers? He felt the little Petilil shift in his arms and looked down at her before giving her a reassuring smirk. He was more or less in the same boat as the other two. His Pokémon hadn't seen very much training either.

"Hey," he said, pushing to his feet, "I'm gonna get going. Nice to meet you guys, er- girls."

Petilil hopped to the floor and then scurried behind Wayne's feet as he half turned from the other trainers. He put on a grin, raised his hand, and before walking away he waved and said "Catch you later."  

Marsuru
Vice Captain

HarlequinKing

Angelic Strawberry

16,425 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:10 pm
Proud of the attack he unleashed, Baku assumed it was him that made them scurry away and promptly went after one of them in hopes of using hypnosis to put one to sleep for a victory meal.

Avan sighed and shook his head. He looked at the girl who still sat on the floor and then at the larger boy. Awkward to say the least, but still he walked slowly to the girl; Baku returned to his side after failing to catch up to one of the Lillipup, after all, Munna weren't the fastest Pokemon.

"Um..." Avan offered his hand to the girl, "Are you alright?"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:17 pm
"H-hummm," Henrietta looked up at Avan and then away. It was rude to look people in the eyes, or rather, she felt like she was being rude doing it. Her eyes kept on the ground and she nodded as her answer.

The hand caught in her peripheral she hesitantly took it with her free hand.  

Avalite

HarlequinKing

Angelic Strawberry

16,425 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:23 pm
Did I do something? Avan wondered when she looked away. At least she's ok. That's what matters I suppose. He took her hand and gently helped her up. "I'm glad you're alright."

"Um, I'm--" He started, but thought for a second, "Crown. I'm Crown."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:26 pm
Henrietta winced as she climbed to her feet. Even if she was safe, she wasn't fine. Though you couldn't really tell courtesy of the stockings, shoes, skirt and shirt, she was covered in quite a few bruises, mostly around her legs.

"I'm, hum, Henrietta, hum, thank you.." she mumbled.  

Avalite

Jump Einatz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:33 pm
Saliery watched as Wayne walked away down Route 2, then turned back to Eunmi. "He was kind of cute," she told her in a matter-of-fact way with a smirk. Liuye Dao sighed, crossing his bladed arms over his chest. Typical of Salieri, as always.

Then Sal groaned, slapping her palm to her forehead. "Aw man, I forgot to ask him for a battle," she sighed. The Battle Girl looked at Dali, who seemed refreshed. Still, based on Wayne's earlier advice, Eunmi may have not wanted to battle her either.

"Hey, you wouldn't happen to be looking for a battle right now, would you? If you have any healthier pokemon, I mean," Salieri proposed, rubbing the back of her head sheepishly. The other girl's rookie demeanor reminded Salieri that she too had just started training pokemon for real.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:41 pm
"No problem." Avan awkwardly replied. The girl was shy, or maybe just a little shook up to say her name, he didn't know what to think. It was fine though.

There was another awkward silence. "So...why were those Lillipup chasing you? If you don't mind me asking."

HarlequinKing

Angelic Strawberry

16,425 Points
  • Conventioneer 300

Avalite

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:47 pm
"Huuum, I.. I don't know.." Henrietta said. She looked in the direction of the town. That's right, right now her Pokemon were suffering. She needed to get them healed.

"Hum, excuse me, sorry," she lowered her head to Avan and turned to leave, running into a wall-I mean a Snor-er, Robby.

"Sorry!" She shouted and then she hurried off, her face bright red with embarrassment.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:13 pm
"Ah, good bye then." He waved her bye and turned to the pink Pokemon beside him. It snickered at that awkward moment. "Quiet you." Avan sighed. What a strange girl. She was probably just in a hurry. Yeah, that must be it. I wonder why. He shrugged.

The Munna bumped him in the head. "What? Don't tell me your hungry again?" Another small chuckle from the Pokemon. "Ugh, you are, aren't you? Why can't you just eat one of their dreams?" He pointed at the fainted Lillipup.

[FOOL! What I say?] The sudden outburst of the psychic pokemon in his mind took him by surprise.

"Wow, haven't heard you inawhile..." Avan rubbed his ear, as if it would actually help. "I forgot. So sue me. No dreams from fainted Pokemon. I got it." The boy shrugged. "Next wild Pokemon we see, kay? Until then," Avan took a Pokeball from his belt, "Would you mind?" He tapped the button and Munna disappeared within its confines.

Avan looked around once more and he had almost forgotten about the larger boy untill he saw him again. He couldn't make out if his Pokemon were injured. "Hey, so...would you like a Potion, or something?" Was his awkward way of asking to help anyways.

HarlequinKing

Angelic Strawberry

16,425 Points
  • Conventioneer 300

Marsuru
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:32 pm
Wayne sighed as he stared at his bank balance. He had a green trainer ID card, which was similar in size to, though slightly thicker than, a credit card. It contained a tiny computer that checked in with the Pokémon League servers whenever it was in range of a Pokémon Center; it allowed the card to keep track of things like the number of badges and Pokémon the trainer had. It also kept track of how much money was available as well.

"100? What am I gonna buy with that?" Wayne slid the card back into his pocket and shook his head. Petilil was back in her Pokéball; Wayne didn't want to risk her getting trodden on while they were traversing Accumula Town.

He found and climbed a large set of marble stairs. There was a villa at the top but the stairs themselves were public property. As long as he didn't barge into houses for no reason then he'd be fine. The trainer stood far above the little town where the wind was strong. Everything down below looked like a miniature model. Wayne looked out at the landscape; a vast expanse of lush green trees that seemed to merge with the horizon. Every now and then there'd be a rustling of leaves, which made the trees look like they were twitching; pokémon making roost.

"Nice view," Wayne said to himself, arms folded over the guardrail. He closed his eyes, felt the wind on his face and then smiled. "Okay," he whispered, "let's see what you can do."

--

"That's all you can do?" Wayne whined, his mouth hanging open in disappointment. Hitmonlee nodded and the two younger Pokémon followed suit. They were: Solosis, a round, green psychic type whose body was encased in a strange liquid and Petilil, who was looking around nervously.

Wayne slumped to the floor, hanging his head and letting his pokédex rattle on the concrete. It was a handheld device coloured red, with two screens, one on top and the other on the bottom, which displayed a vast database of Pokémon information.

"The Pokédex says you're supposed to be a master of kicking..." Wayne muttered and Hitmonlee nodded, "that you know every type of kick..." Hitmonlee nodded again, "...but you don't?" Hitmonlee shrugged. Then it yelled its name. Then it stomped the ground and pumped its fist.

"No, you're right," Wayne said, though he didn't understand a word the pokémon said, "if that's the case then we're just gonna have to teach you! Somehow. You know rolling kick though, at least. That's how we caught Petilil and Solosis, so you should remember it."

Wayne glanced at the two pokémon. Solosis was extended its liquid coat into the approximate shape of a finger and prodding Petilil's head where its leaf had been plucked out. Petilil was whining quietly. The trainer stood up and folded his arms.

"Okay, looks like you're volunteering, Solosis," he said. The psychic type's face dropped and it sprang back into its normal, spherical shape. "Fight Hitmonlee. Let's see how much power you ha- oh wait. First, make sure you don't let the chaos and destruction spill anywhere near that villa. I don't wanna go to Pokémon prison and get sodomised."

Solosis nodded and Hitmonlee stood in a power stance. It was about a foot shorter than Wayne, which still made it much, much taller than Solosis. The psychic type seemed to realise this and began to back off in an effort to make Hitmonlee look smaller. Eventually, it got to about the right range for a pokémon battle to begin. Wayne hurried to an equal distance from both pokémon and Petilil hid behind his legs.

"Right! To start! Hitmonlee, run over and use Rolling Kick!" Wayne shot his gaze across to Solosis, "and I want you to retaliate with Psywave."

Hitmonlee broke into a sprint and rushed toward Solosis. The psychic's eyes widened and he squealed its name. Solosis scrunched his face up and a purple wave of light shot out. Hitmonlee didn't stop running and shoulder barged through the Psybeam, making it shatter into nothing.

He closed the distance and jumped in the air; Hitmonlee span a full revolution and swung his foot around, making it collide with Solosis, who was smashed into the ground and defeated. The concrete floor was very slightly cracked from the force and Solosis was unconscious.

Wayne ran over and knelt next to his pokémon, scooping it up for inspection. He said, "Nice effort," to Hitmonlee, who went back into a power stance while yelling his name. Wayne sighed as he stood up with Petilil cradled in his grasp. He looked to Petilil and said, "Don't look so worried; I'm not going to take another leaf. This time we'll head to the Pokémon Center."  
Public Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 408 409 410 411 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff