Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
ENDLESS JOURNEYS (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:34 am

Kerana approached Nova, "Could I have a word with you in private?" Nova excused himself. She spoke with him in the hall Nova could still see the fight from where he stood. "I do not want Alec to be an alpha nor be a killer. Why did you envcourage him to fight to kill when you've reassured us that they would not kill him if he was defeated?…

' time to be an alpha'!? Have you met any of them? They're these brainless jocks that are so full of themselves. Fox-kin or Wolf-kin alphas are pretty much the same.

I just want Alec to be Alec, not a killer a defender that would consider killing as the last option. When all other options are exhausted. The path your encouraging him to go on is an alpha killer. Those that kill first, and those that kill because they could."

What was meant to be words of encouragement has clearly upset the fox-kin. She rubbed her eyes a bit. Kerana was worried about what start off as harmless words of encouragement would eventually become a way of life and loose the Alec she loves in the process.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:40 am
Nova kept an eye on the fight as Kerana took him away. It didn't seem like this would cause another fight on her part so he decided to listen. When she was done he understood her troubles.

"Do you think so little of Alec? Do you honestly believe that he out of all those people will go down that path when you are with him? He fights for you and wants to get stronger. What I meant with fighting to kill Leoxandre is that he can't hold back in any way. He knows this. Have some faith in your love." Nova gently said with a soft smile. "There's only one surefire way for him to become the best he can be without turning into what you fear. And that is for you to accept his love for you and love him back. Because let us be honest little fox. You are in love with him but both of you are looking for ways out because of those rules. Take this bit of advice from me. Your time on this world is limited. Live it to the fullest. Love who you want to love. Give it some thought okay?"  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:25 pm

Kerana sniffled his words stung a little at first, despite the soft tone he used. "I know and I don't want a life without him at all. Which is what I will get if we continue being more than just guardian and fox-kin. I can't do this Nova... it's too risky." she wiped her eyes a little.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:02 pm
"You don't need to stay in your village bound by your rules. He doesn't want to go back there. The world is big place.You can live anywhere you want. Even if you do not believe me....it really is that easy."  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Goruk Devon

Alien Spirit

7,225 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:13 am
Goruk continued to watch the fight but he was not pleased with what was happening. "cmon fight harder I can barley feel your drives..." he was radiating heat from his body as he watched his tail flicked back and forth in an antsy twitch.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:14 pm
Alec thought about what Nova said, about feeling the wind. He actually could! He could feel the way Leo's large frame was disrupting the air, and he could feel the fist being launched up.

Alec sidestepped to the left and lunged his open palm upward. It wasn't to directly attack his opponent, though. It was a movement to command the wind.

When he had fought the rogue, he had won by keeping the man's feet off of the ground. He was going to attempt a similar strategy. This time, he was going in with full stamina.

He summoned a spiraling burst of wind that he hoped would be strong enough to lift the dragon-kin off the ground.

Rikki Tikki Travi

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:11 pm
"He tried the same." Leo said as he grinned. His talons dug into the earth to prevent him from being lifted up. He lashed out with his tail.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:40 pm
Alec felt the air's disturbance again and steeled himself for the impact. His spirit assisted by summoning a wind shear to deflect the tail's trajectory as much as it could.

It wasn't much.

Alec had crossed his arms and took the deflected hit hard. His back skipped over the ground and caused him to tumble backward once. He skid to a halt and coughed from the dirt that had been kicked up into his face by his impact.

He unsteadily rose to his feet and groaned. So he wasn't going to be able raise the dragon-kin if his feet were planted. Perhaps he could play the distance game.

Alec made a rapid circular motion with his arms then pushed out with his palms. A strong, horizontal, cylinder of wind burst forth. From within the cylinder gleaned several small slivers of concentrated air razors.

Rikki Tikki Travi

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:26 pm
Nova Blancke
"You don't need to stay in your village bound by your rules. He doesn't want to go back there. The world is big place.You can live anywhere you want. Even if you do not believe me....it really is that easy."

"That's the thing. It really isn't as simple as you're trying to make this out to be. Why do you think we're being so cautious?! It's not because we're paranoid. We've seen people dragged back home and made examples of because they weren't following the established way of life. We were lucky that it has not gotten to the point where they are hunting us down like-" her train of thought was interrupted when she felt the wind on her tail. She turned to look at its source. It was Alec, all of that came from him. She blushed a little at the sight of him. It was hard to believe that, this is the same wolf kin she grew up with. "Alec" she whispered hoping she would not disrupt his concentration.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:35 am
"I know a few safe places. This being one of them. Either that or become as strong as you can so noone can take what you want away. I was in the same situation one time." Nova replied as he felt the wind.

He took a closer look at what happened. Despite Nova being Alec's teacher, he didn't believe that Alec would in this. It served as practice for the boy. He failed to think about the range of his opponents tail in the beginning. Now he is using magic is a primary attack. That will not work well on them.

Leo barely gave the young wolf time to recover. He charged straight through the cylinder. It did cut him, scratched would be a better word for it. Most were skin deep. Barely drawing blood. The thick skin, scales and resistance to magic would give any of the Dragon-Kin a advantage over the mages. He stopped a few meters before Alec, swiping his tail over the ground with an arc. It kicked up the dust.  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:32 am
Alec leaped back as the dust burned his nostrils and made his eyes water. His wolf senses were betraying him as he smelled nothing but dust and ash.

His spirit summoned a quick burst of air to disperse the dust from his host, but it was too late. Alec couldn't smell or see his opponent for the time being. His inexperience was definitely showing.

"Calm down. You still have your ears and your sense of the wind." the spirit said to him.

Alec hacked and sniffed. "I'm trying!" he wheezed as his ears turned on his head like watch guards.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:19 am
The crowd was displeased but they did not call out to him. They simply watched.

Meanwhile Leoxandre circled the young man who in his eyes become more and more a boy than a man. At least he was not completely defenseless. His ears kept track of him. His tail rose above him it came crashing down on Alec  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:54 am
Alec felt the air's disruption and dove out of the way just in time. He rolled back up to his feet and shuffled as he tried to get his bearings back.

"Alec, there is a spell that will punch through even a dragon's hide. It will a moment to collect the wind necessary to produce it, and it will likely dislocate your arm again, and you will need to be close enough to touch him. It will wound him, if not show your metal."

Alec silently agreed and opened his right hand. The wind around it began to swirl and gather in his open palm .

"Good. Now cast Cat's Grace. Unless he's been holding back, it should keep you swift enough to stay ahead of his tail. The use what mana you have to keep him occupied. I will provide the mana for this trump card."

Alec did as he was told and chanted the spell for "Cat's Grace." It was the only level 2 druid spell he knew without direct influence from the wolf spirit. He thought about casting "Obscuring Mist" but realized it'd be useless with how dry the air was in the arena.

Just picking an attack, he opted for one he had been practicing in private.

He reared his left hand back and punched forward, sending out a burst of wind the size and shape of his fist toward the dragon-kin.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:29 am
Goruk watched with boredum in his eyes even the dragon-kin that was fighting seemed a little weak to him but he knew he had only seen a little of what he could do. As for the wolf boy he was not pleased by his performance.  

Goruk Devon

Alien Spirit

7,225 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:40 am
"Ahhh, so he does know how to Empower himself. Good." Nova commented."Looks like he has a plan."

Leo caught the boy by the wrist. The attack connected but again...magic did little to him. He turned and tossed the boy aside. He certainly was faster but Leo was a trained and seasoned warrior. It would take more than that to get the better of him.  
Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games