Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sushi!

Back to Guilds

Roleplaying, contests, tektek, pictures and more! 

Tags: Sushi, talking hats, crazy sporks, roleplay, sushiness 

Reply Writer's corner and contests
[The Collaboration] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You there! You're primarily a ____ for this story.
Writer!
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Reader!
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Hater!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Consistent Spontaneity
Crew

5,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:45 pm
Ahaha. Welcome to Sushi's first writing-project collaboration.

Introduction
An ad naseum introduction to collaborations and this one in particular.

What is this?
This is a writing collaboration, a little bit like a roleplay, but not completely. Basically, it's like a book that multiple people work on. That means, EVERYONE controls ALL the characters. EVERYONE controls the environment and world.

How do I join this?
As a writer: You just post. No profiles or applications needed, especially since the characters and world are all subject completely to every author's manipulation, so long as it makes sense in the flow of events. Remember to read everything so that you understand what's happening at all times!
As a reader: You just post. There are still no applications needed for this, and if you want to read, help think of ideas, or critique the story but not write in the story, that's perfectly welcome.
Readers are welcome to turn into writers and vice versa.

Intro | World | Characters | Summary | Other notes  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:49 pm
The World of _____
Map
~~~~~The open sea~~~~~
................ 5.

~~~~~~~~Some sort of straight of water~~~~~~~
................... 2222222
............................ 222
...... 3..................... 222
................................. 22
................................... 2
..................................... 2
............................ ~~~~~*2222 ~~~~~~~~~
....................~~~~~~~~2222222~~~~~~~
...................... ~~~~~~~ 22~~~~~~~~
............................~~~~~~~~~~

North^, East >, South v, West <.
Not drawn to scale, obviously =.=

Settings
1. The Black Cave
A cave now sealed off by a wall. Around the cave is a dead forest, burnt black.
2. Mountains of Shahaile
Some part of the range touches the Southern Seas region(*2= generally where), which is overseen by Lord Atoshoka.
The Children of Drunesd reside in these mountains, which are separated by the forest. The cave (from above) is in by a wide meadow of tall grass and a few tree clusters not far from here. At the top of the mountain is a place/ known to the Children as the Amaranthine (purple) Torch, which they alert the other Children of the other regions that the aos si prophecy has begun.
3.Castle of Shadows
The dark lord's palace and ruling place.

Other Useful Locations
4. Aatioh
In the Northern Isles (*4), overseen by Lord Sha-lan. Where Cadence and Farle are heading because a seer said they would find something important.
5. Shr'eink
Small village near Aatioh, currently destroyed. Ivarine's hometown.

Intro| World | Characters | Summary | Other notes  

Consistent Spontaneity
Crew

5,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Consistent Spontaneity
Crew

5,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:52 pm
The Characters

Mentioned in order of appearance . All characters are underlined. More important characters are bolded as well. Links have been added to those with images as well!

Others:
"There will be three" by Yuki and Julie
"Collab fanfiction by Minerva (It's also on page 10 of the story)

Cadence Winds
>>Appearance: Black hair and blue-gray eyes. Shorter than six feet. Apparently a good climber. She has a silver and charm in her hair that belonged to the aos si. [by Yuki and Julie]
>>Weapon and power: Bow, Sound
>>Family: She was "created", or at least not born the way most people are. She is an aos si, a human-like fairy, but her people have all gone into hiding or been killed.
>>Personality: Sensitive; she cries a lot.

Farle Charles
>>Appearance: Sandy-colored hair and topaz-colored eyes. Around six feet tall. He has a fur-lined jacket he is constantly picking grit and dust out of.
>>Weapon and power: A sword with the inscription "Xul sucil fo Ancendii", which translates to "Light of Fire." The sword can glow. He uses glass and fire as his powers. Monsters also obey his word and call him master.
>>Family: Not fire-casters, but Farle is an exception. His ancestor is Kraiton.
>>Personality: Firm; he seems to get over shock quickly and easily and is stubborn in his opinions.

Ivarine Callias
>>Appearance: Ash blonde hair, pale skin and golden purple eyes. She wears a black and silver crown with a amethyst and diamonds in it. [by Yuki and Julie] [by Minerva]
>>Power: Ice and shadow. Now the Queen of Shadows, her control over the shadows is greatly enhanced.
>>Personality: A little spitfire; quick to attack but also thoughtful. She is also able to hold her tongue and suppress her thoughts if need be. She is interested in history. She is a Pisces.

The Nameless Dark King
>>Appearance: Black eyes.
He talks to an apparently matter-less someone when he's alone.

Dtrak Male servant of the dark lord.

Nrwyn Female servant of the dark lord

Iyza Young female servant that is basically Ivarine's chief servant and companion in the dark palace. She has brown curls and misty green eyes. [by Yuki and Julie]

Latices of Drunesd
>>Weapon and power: A spear that seems to never grow dull or break and always seems to return to him. He also has a wooden flute. He can call on animals and elemental shadows.
>>Family: The Children of Drunesd.

Poltiac of Drunesd A son of Drunesd.

Gorglal of Drunesd A son of Drunesd.

The First Queen of Shadows; "Amber"
Trapped in the Crown of Shadows, Amber appears to Ivarine as a silhouette with amber colored eyes. As the dark king's first queen, she is knowledgeable on many of the affairs of the state, even those of more recent times. Her family discovered the magic of turning light to dark and dark to light.

The Chief/ Grandfather of Drunesd
When he was a boy he defeated the dark king while defending the Amaranthine Torch. Now he is an old man that leads the Children.

Aitski of Drunesd An 8 year old boy that was in the family unit of the Dunesd chief-to-be. He was orphaned in the earth shadows attack and offers to light the Amaranthine Torch in his older brother's stead.

Ameloria of Drunesd A daughter of drunesd that is good friends with Aitski. They climb a lot together.

Lord Atoshka
Dark side alliance. "He was a knight, but defeated his lord in single combat and won his title. It is rumored that he was the one that ordered the destruction of the human-like fairies also known as the aoi si in order to make sure that they wouldn't form an alliance with the Children to usurp him. It has been a while since this Lord has had to fight though and the easy lifestyle has taken its obvious toll. He's gained weight. "

Lord Jarlsing Sha-lan
Dark side alliance. An arrogant knight and new lord, he promised to destroy Shr'eink and return the Northern Isles to stability in return for his promotion. He has a beautiful speaking voice.

Lord Kurshryk
Dark side alliance. Lord of the Tundra region. An old but stately knight loyal to the king and concise but clear un speaking.

Lieutenant Zaire
An eni'ein that used to serve Lord Atoshka but was given to Ivarine as a present from the dark king. [by Yuki and Julie]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:56 pm
Summary

Cadence Winds and Farle Charles depart from a cave and black-treed forest, leaving behind their friend Ivarine, who died in the cave. Before they leave the forest though, they encounter a shadow-possessed version of Ivarine that fights them briefly. They make it out of the black forest and camp between the forest and a meadow of tall grass.

Meanwhile in the nameless dark lord's palace, a necromancer-knight has brought Ivarine back to life (or maybe she never really died in the first place?) and presents her to the black-eyed majesty as a slave. Instead, the king declares that Ivarine will be his queen and sends her to be washed and dressed. When he is alone again he speaks with a voice and predicts his indestructibility.

As morning rises, Farle wakes up after another dream of the dark lord and he and Cadence hurry on towards the mountains of Shahaile. Cadence again suspects that Farle is somehow related or connected to the dark king. They stop briefly to avoid a shadow wyvern and two Ner'ein, who luckily don't find them and follow the wrong trail. The two arrive at the foothills of the Shahaile at noon and discuss how to convince the Children of Drunesd to help them through the mountains. Meanwhile, they are attacked by a pack of Ner'ein but saved when three Children of Drunesd appear to help them out. One of the Children, Latices, takes them back to the Drunsd camp, where Cadence causes quite a stir.

The chief reveals that Cadence is an aos, si, a fairy, and gives her a silver and amethyst charm that she wears in her hair. During the evening the camp is attacked by earth shadows and with Latices's help Farle and Cadence escape. While walking, Cadence collapses and the three make camp in a nearby cave.

Ivarine is dressed up and at the servant Iyza's urging, accepts the Crown of Shadows. In addition to gaining a lot of power, she meets Amber, the first queen of shadows that is imprisoned in the crown. Amber educates Ivarine on the history and abilities of the dark kingdom over dinner before Ivarine sleeps for the last time.

The next morning, Cadence refuses to wake up and Latices calls a deer to carry her as the three continue for Aatioh to find something a seer mentioned before. Cadence and Farle both had impressions that Ivarine is not dead. Latices apparently has something against Ivarine and scowls whenever they mention her. After lunch on the trail the trio is attacked by a pack of monsters that stop only when Farle somehow convinces them to go away. A dragon hybrid approaches and tells them that she will leave them alone if they leave quickly.

Back at the dark palace, Ivarine is introduced to the dark king's court, which seems to be bent on mocking her. In the first "test" she creates her throne of a broken stool.

Consistent Spontaneity
Crew

5,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Consistent Spontaneity
Crew

5,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:00 pm
Other Notes
Creatures
Wyverns exist. They're like dragons.
Ner'einhave long reptilian bodies and slimy wings. Think nazgulls from LotR.
Elemental Shadows Lost spirits that combine with nature and roam the land. Although usually not belligerent, they can be extremely destructive.
Eni'ein are feather-winged dragons that fly completely silently. They can be bound into a human body that looks like a winged person with tattoos.

The color purple
A motif in the story.
"Purple is a royal color, but too often paid for with a high price of blood."
Amethyst Minutia: charms the aos si used to wear
Amaranthine Torch: A reddish-violet torch of great power. Currently owned by the Children of Drunesd.
Aubergine Staff: A deep purple staff of great power. Apparently somewhere in the Northern Isles.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:26 pm
Chapter 1--???  

Consistent Spontaneity
Crew

5,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Consistent Spontaneity
Crew

5,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:04 am
Cadence knelt at the edge of the chasm, her face streaming with tears as she bid farewell to one of her best friends for the last time.

"Hurry! The cave's closing!" a voice called from behind her and she felt the dead body give a little shudder as if pushing her away. She picked up her bow and sprinted away, her mind yelling silent laments back to the lifeless form.

Blue-gray skies lurked just outside the cave, the same dismal color as her eyes, and the beyond that the land was as black as her hair. Cadence Winds latched her bow on her back and ___

((I hope I left the beginning ambiguous enough. And I managed to name only one character >.<

go ahead and finish my sentence. I just didn't know how I wanted to finish it, which was why I left a "___". Yea, that's one good thing about collabs. You can end mid-sentence if you want to xd .

I'm also blocking off my OOC in color so that if, as Sabrina suggested, we ever finish it and want to publish it, it'll be easy to identify the OOC parts to cut out wink ))

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:26 pm
((Sounds good. Ok so Cadence started off in a cave some where.... Color codeing OOC is a good idea. I'll start off with the last sentence you posted.))

Cadence Winds latched her bow on her back and sprinted through the blackened dead trees in the forest surroudning the cave like a pack of lions surround their prey. As tears escaped her blue-grey eyes, searching through the trees for one of the other member who happened to be with her, she spotted him crouching down besides a burned bush.

"Oh, Farle it... it was terrible."

Farle Charles looked up from the bush he was examining. His eyes were as dark as topaz and his hair the color of a sandy beach. Standing up to his monumental height far above Cadence, for he was like six feet tall, and she... well she wasn't. He reached out both hands as a gesture of hugging.

"What happened, Cadence?" Farle asked her.

"The wall was closing___  

Your_Last_Wish_For_Death
Vice Captain

4,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Consistent Spontaneity
Crew

5,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:39 pm
"The wall was closing off the cave by the time I reached her, and I only just got out myself," Cadence sobbed, letting Farle comfort her. She let her tears melt away before pulling away and murmured, "She was already dead...I...I was too late. Too slow."

"But you're never too slow," Farle said sympathetically, though his eyes showed he was already working out what happened.

Cadence shook her head and said uttered what was on his mind. "It was a trap."

"They know who we are," he pointed out, and began leading the way away. "But do they know ___

((Farle is such a funkily awesome name. I just want to give him a sword or something. Like a knight! >.< No, but really, it's a neat name.

We don't have to end every post with an unfinished sentence, but it looks like it's just working out like that so far ^_^ I'll go update the character lists in a minute.))

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:16 pm
"They know who we are," he pointed out, and began leading the way away. "But do they know what we can do?" He paused questioningly.

"I don't know, Farle, but I'd keep your swoard drawn when we're in their woods." Cadence said slowly still with her bow drawn.

Cadence wiped the rest of her fading tears away and looked around, "I think we need to keep moving. I just want to get away from here."

Farle nodded taking out his ruby hilted swoard with the inscription______ written on the side. It meant _____

((I know right? That really was a cool name I think. smile Lolx sorry kinda bragging. I like the name Cadence it reminds me of light. Oh about the OOC comments, we could put them at the end for comic humor. biggrin ))  

Your_Last_Wish_For_Death
Vice Captain

4,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Consistent Spontaneity
Crew

5,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:30 pm
Farle nodded, taking out his ruby-hilted sword with the inscription "Xul sucil fo Ancendii" on the side. It meant--quite literally translated-- "Light of Fire" in some ancient language, but Farle couldn't understand for the life of him why something in his family would bear such an inscription. None of his family had specialized in fire-magics, and the sword itself didn't hold any fiery abilities. It glowed. That was about it, according to him.

They had been making steady progress for nearly two hours when Farle stopped and closed his eyes, trying to envision where they were now on his mental map. When he opened them again, Cadence was gone, but soon returned with an arrow in her hand.

"What's that for?" he asked, eyeing the projectile. Cadence didn't use physical arrows, but arrows made of sound waves. So what was with this thing?

((Haha, don't worry. We can both brag about our name-creating awesomeness. Ironically, the word Cadence means rhythm smile

We should definitely post the OOC at the end. > smile Even if so far it's only the two of us writing, it'll be fun to see all the OOC at the very end, with a bunch of people, writers and readers alike. Haha biggrin ))

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:51 pm
((Most definately. biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin ))

Cadence looked at Farle with fire in her eyes. "I thought I heard something... I thought I might've heard one of them..." She whispered to him holding her arrow mounted on her bow.

Farle turned to look around the forest. He didn't see anything, but the blackness of the forest. All of a sudden from behind him he thought he heard a giggle. Turning from his veiw to look behind, he saw the flash of black hair and dress. "Cadence? Did you hear that?"

Cadence looked behind her where Farle was point with his swoard. "Hear what?"  

Your_Last_Wish_For_Death
Vice Captain

4,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Consistent Spontaneity
Crew

5,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:43 pm
Before Farle could respond, a shadow darted at them like a bolt of black lightning and Farle blocked only just in time. But there was no time to lose. The person who had snuck up on them was a quick fighter, and Farle could hardly see where the blades were coming from. He was fighting on instinct.

Cadence had leapt back in shock but now had her bow drawn and was watching the battle through squinted eyes as she looked for an opening to shoot. Their battle was a whir, but she managed to lock onto her target. With a silent twang she sent an arrow whizzing past the rogue's ear. As it flew by it dissolved into a high-pitched note that ___  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:27 pm
((You know... I kinda like the title The Colaboration.... We can build on it... smile ))

As it flew by it dissolved into a high-pitched note that hurt the roages ears and made it fall over crouching in pain. Cadence ran over to pose another arrow above it's head while the high pitched sound was still ringing out. Farle ran over to the rouge with Cadence. Posing the swoard over it's heart, they waited for the black shadows to reveal the person underneath them.

The shadows slowly drifting away disolving into the earth, Farle fell back from the person. Cadence lowered her arrows for a moment while the person was being revealed. It was a young girl. A skinny weak looking fragile girl that had attacked them. She had ash blonde hair and was facing down on the ground. Almost collapsed on the ground was her fragle frame. She wore weak clothing, just mere torn jeans and a ratty old tee-shirt.

"How...?" Farle started to ask.
"I just... I don't know. Maybe____  

Your_Last_Wish_For_Death
Vice Captain

4,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Writer's corner and contests

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff