Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Green Thi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:51 am
Okay, so I'm really psyched for Acen as it will be my first con:3
But I have a couple of questions as I am a con noob ^ ~ ^;;

1. What are panels?

2. How many people go?

3. Could I just go up to anyone and ask for a picture?

If I have more, which may surely pop into my head sometime soon, I shall add to the list(:  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:03 am
I don't really know how to explain panels, so someone else might need to elaborate sweatdrop

Basically they're like little gatherings (or sometimes big ones) where people get up and talk about things. There are usually ones for Anime discussions, how-to's, and other random things. There's usually a line to get in too.

There are usually a lot of people, I think I read somewhere that there were about 19,000 who attended last year ^^

Also, going up and asking for pictures is fine! Just make sure they aren't in the middle of doing something, like talking on the phone or eating.~  

Chocobofan4

Snort Like A Pig

IRL Noob

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:49 am
eek omfg, i never thought of the amount of people that are going i'm scared i don't want to get lost crying  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:20 pm
Chocobofan4
I don't really know how to explain panels, so someone else might need to elaborate sweatdrop

Basically they're like little gatherings (or sometimes big ones) where people get up and talk about things. There are usually ones for Anime discussions, how-to's, and other random things. There's usually a line to get in too.

There are usually a lot of people, I think I read somewhere that there were about 19,000 who attended last year ^^

Also, going up and asking for pictures is fine! Just make sure they aren't in the middle of doing something, like talking on the phone or eating.~

Thanks for answering my questions(:
I read something about thousands of people attending last year too! O: Apparently, it increases a couple thousand each year.

Snort Like A Pig
eek omfg, i never thought of the amount of people that are going i'm scared i don't want to get lost crying

It's okay!We won't get lost cuz... Piggyback rides;DD Adam will be easy to spot, so we could just look for him. If I get lost, then all you need to do is look for FF people *coughzackcough*;DD  

Green Thi

Snort Like A Pig

IRL Noob

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:28 am
LOL OMFG i am recharging my camera and forcing someone to take a picture of us xD  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:14 am
Jennifer or Ernie could take a picture of us;DD  

Green Thi

Snort Like A Pig

IRL Noob

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:36 am
who is jennifer going with anyyway? surprised i dunno any of her friends  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:58 pm
i think most are a part of her anime club o:  

Green Thi

Snort Like A Pig

IRL Noob

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:03 pm
;_; still dunno any of them have you met any of them?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:00 pm
Yeah, i met some at her birthday party last year. There were a set of twins and a couple of other people(:
I think the twins are seniors o: the rest are juniors :3  

Green Thi

Snort Like A Pig

IRL Noob

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:00 pm
>_< were they nice and approachable?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:07 pm
well, they were totally nice and stuff, but i never approached or spoke to them much because i didn't understand what they were saying b/c it's one of those "You gotta be there" things >___>
I kinda felt left out of the loop, so i sat wit jennifer's brother playing video games gonk  

Green Thi

Snort Like A Pig

IRL Noob

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:35 pm
man it sounds like they hogged jennifer all to themselves xD aw well at least you had jen's bro  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:38 pm
lawll yeah

Hmm... I have another question! O:

This will not be in the news, will it? Like, legit on tv where my parents could watch?? ;DD  

Green Thi

Bishoujo849
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:09 am
1. What are panels? Panels are scheduled events by the Acen staff. it includes anything like video programming room where they have rooms showing videos of various anime, discussions about anime, discussions about any other japanese related things like lolita, the dances including the masquerade and soap bubble.

2. How many people go? there is no limit to the number of people who can go to my gathering. And acen has no limit either. there's thousands and thousands of people that go to acen each year.

3. Could I just go up to anyone and ask for a picture? Yes, you can ask anyone for a picture as long as you ask. =)  
Acen Gaia Get together 2010

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff