User Image

Got a question? Before you ask, take a look here and see if it's already been answered for you. :3

Q. I want more information about my Pokémon. What attacks can it have when I RP? What will it evolve into? What type is it?
A. For all the information you could ever need to know - and more! - about any Pokémon, take a look at Bulbapedia. Navigation is simple: Just go to the search bar in the lefthand column and type in the name of the Pokémon you want to know about. Evolution information is near the top of the article, type and abilities are listed on the righthand side under the picture, and moves can be found by clicking Learnset in the table of contents.

Q. Can I co-own a Pokémon with someone else?
A. Sorry, co-owning is not allowed. It simply won't work with this shop.

Q. I caught my Pokémon with a Dark Ball but the ball showing on the cert is different. Is it a mistake?
A. The ball that shows up on your cert has nothing to do with the kind of ball you used to catch your Pokémon. The cert ball indicates how rare your Pokémon is. Poké Ball = Common, Great Ball = Uncommon, Ultra Ball = Rare and Master Ball = Legendary.

Q. Do I have to give my Pokémon a nickname? What if I just want to name my Pichu 'Pichu'?
A. You're welcome to give your Pokémon its Pokémon name rather than a nickname. If you name your Pichu 'Pichu' then we will automatically change its name to Pikachu when it evolves, unless you tell us otherwise.

Q. I don't want my Pokémon to evolve until it suits me in the RP. Can you delay the evolution?
A. No, delaying evolutions by request makes it unnecessarily difficult for our colorists to keep track of what evolutions are due. Pokémon will evolve on their certs automatically, but it's not necessary to reflect the evolution in RP until you're ready. For example, while the cert may show a Charmeleon, you can continue to play your Charmander as long as you'd like. However, you cannot RP your Pokémon evolving before your cert has evolved.

If you don't want your Pokémon to evolve at all, post in the Everstone thread.

Q. I have a pet in this shop that I don't want anymore. Can I give it to my friend?
A. Absolutely! Just stop by the Cert Changes & Rehoming thread and post a form.

Q. I'm really looking forward to custom, bribe, ID, or breeding slots! Can I ask a colorist when they'll open slots next? Can I bribe them when their slots are closed?
A. We always love seeing a healthy amount of excitement, but please keep in mind that our colorists have lives outside of being colorists. Every colorist has full control over when they open slots and what kind of slots they open - if their slots are closed, they likely are busy, are unwilling to color, or have simply met their limit for the month.

That in mind, please refrain from asking about slots, hinting that you're on the lookout for slots, or mentioning all the great Pokémon and IDs you just can't wait to order. Rather than make a colorist want to open slots, it usually just makes them feel uncomfortable or stressed out. We ask you to please respect our colorists and wait patiently for them to open slots on their own accord.

Q. Do I need to get two Mega Stones, one for the character and one for the Pokémon, in order to RP my Mega Pokémon?
A. No. ICly, your character needs a Mega Stone in order to utilize Mega Evolution, but OOCly, you only need to buy one stone - the one you use to obtain your Pokémon's Mega cert.

Q. Do I need a specific Mega Stone to Mega Evolve my Pokémon - for instance, an Aggronite for my Aggron?
A. No, all Mega Stones are functionally the same. If you buy a Mega Stone, it can be used for an Aggron, an Absol, a Venusaur, or any other eligible Pokémon.

Q. Can I RP my Pokéwalker Mini Pet?
A. Pokéwalker Mini Pets are not RPable Pokémon. If you'd like to bring them into the RP they would be nothing more than Tamagotchi-like toys.

Q: Why do I sometimes see members of staff participating in events?
A: Most of our staff is comprised of dedicated regulars, so we try to let them keep as many privileges that regular players have as possible. Typically this means that staff members can participate in any shop event that they did not help to prepare in some way. For the specific allowances and conditions, refer to the following:

Staff can participate in...
  • ...raids as normal players - as long as they are not metaplot managers.
  • ...any event in which the winners are randomized (e.g. raffles, advertising contests, flaffles) - as long as they did not create any of the prizes.
  • ...auctions - as long as they did not create the prize.
  • ...RP and writing contests - as long as they did not help plan the event and are not helping to determine the winner.
  • ...normal sales - as long as the sale has fewer than three entrants.

If you are ever concerned about the fairness of someone's participation in any shop event, please send a message to BlackFireKitsune or Suudonym.