Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ My Japan 私の日本 ~

Back to Guilds

A guild for anybody and everybody who loves any aspect about Japan! 

Tags: japan, language, anime, fashion, manga 

Reply ~ My Japan 私の日本 ~
.:*:.The Tea House.:*:. PLEASE COME IN! :D Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome to the tea house!
  Thank you!
View Results

Abiding Angel
Crew

Friendly Hoarder

15,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:25 pm
.:*:. ようこそ! .:*:.

User Image

.:*:. Welcome! .:*:.

Thank you for joining us at the Tea House. What is the Tea House, you ask? It's the hang out place for the members of the My Japan Guild. While there are plenty of wonderful threads throughout the guild, this will be the one place we can all gather and just talk/chat/get to know/catch up with one another. Hopefully, it will stay active, so we do ask that you stop by and lurk or chat with us. We love having you and just getting to know you all.

Quick reminders:
.:*Please follow the rules of the guild and site.
.:*Please no drama.
.:*Please DO NOT BUMP HERE, there's a separate BUMP thread.
.:*Roleplay is not needed or required in this thread.

Other than that, please enjoy~! 3nodding heart

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:34 pm
Hello out there in My Japan land~! Isssss anybody therrrrrrrrrrre~? rofl j/k No but really, how are people in the guild lately? Yama? Mugoi? What have you all been up to?

Abiding Angel
Crew

Friendly Hoarder

15,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100

mugoi_usagi
Crew

Invisible Elder

7,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:04 am
Ugh...oh man. Don't even get me started! lol I've been working at my internship and doing school stuff. Things have been going well though and hopefully when I walk in May I'll also get my diploma! (if you finish your academics you can walk with all the other graduates, but until you get the 500 hours you can't get your diploma) I'm doing the best I can to power through those hours though! I need about 150 more to be finished.

Hm...what else...oh! Back in August by boyfriend of 6 years dumped me. (it was kinda ugly and I didn't want to talk about it.) And I have since started "dating" a friend of mine from college that I had kept in touch with. I say "dating" because while he used to live near me, he now lives and works 8 hours away. But I'll be going down there for Spring Break so yeah.

This year I was determined to conquer my love life, my tummy pudge, and school and so far I'm doing fairly well!

Boy that's a lot! lol How have you been?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:32 pm
Hello Ladies!

I see you two have kept busy! I've been working hard at OurDestiny Designs, MC and I keep hoping to make enough to get reliable internet. *sigh* Until then I have to drink this burnt tasting coffee at Starbucks and use their internet. I hope you all have been well! heart

magicalgirlme
Captain

Devoted Loiterer

13,325 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Married 100
  • Megathread 100

Abiding Angel
Crew

Friendly Hoarder

15,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:55 am
Wow, it seems we've all been busy! XD

So I guess for me, I've been taking the time to buckle down and study hard in an attempt to graduate this semester too. I've got 16 units total and I'm taking Accounting, Accounting lab, Health, Health lab, Business Ethics, and College Algebra. All of which are difficult in my opinion. LOL. However, I'm trying my best, and I even lost some weight! (2 lbs yay!) Though I do admit, I am still reluctant to go to the gym for health lab. I'm also super excited because, if I graduate this semester, I can finally move on to my wedding planning certification course. It'll be another like 10 months worth of school and internship, but I'm excited for it. : D Other than that, I haven't had much time for anything else.

@ Mugoi: Wow, I'm so sorry to hear about your ex-boyfriend, but I'm happy that you found someone else and are on track for something greater! You know, that's quite a coincidence because my ex-boyfriend of 4 years broke up with me last summer too. I took it hard, but like you I've got bigger and better things ahead of me too. Cheers! May the rest of the year bring us great fortune and happiness! Good luck with your new boyfriend, I know long distance relationships can be difficult, but I've learned from experience that they really can work out if you both try. : ) heart

@ Yama: I've been keeping an eye on MyDestiny and recommending it to a few of my friends. I love your little Paopu Fruit earrings! I can't wait to see more. Say Hi to Chloie too, it's been a while since we've seen or heard from her. 3nodding

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:06 am
@ Yama: Glad to hear the two of you are well! Send my hellos to Miss Chloie! She is missed around here! ^_^ And good luck with your business. It's not always easy! Also, something I've found helpful in doing the whole college *and* staying alive thing is that I take all the loans they offer me. Since it's excess of what I need, I get a hefty refund to help cover my living expenses.

@ Angel: Wow! You have a full plate! Congratulations on your 2 lbs! I've been doing really well with my weight loss as well! I'm working on losing about 5 lbs a month. I did it in January and I'm well on my way to losing 5 more this month. I'm hoping to be back down to my pre-college weight by May. I hate going to the gym because I feel like I'm being judged so I've actually been doing exercise at home with my wii fit. It's a great option if you have one! Another thing that's been helping me is having a buddy to compare notes with! One of my friends has been buddied up with me in the hopes of losing weight too, so we share our progress with one another. It's a big motivator to have someone cheering you on and to be cheering someone else on. Boyfriend is also helpful with that. He likes athletic women and while I'm not obese, I'm not too athletic right now either! lol He's been really supportive and doing the whole "Good job! We can hike together when you visit! Let's work out together!" thing which is nice. (The other thing I like about wii fit is that it really is just a video game. Part of the time I'm playing, and when it really is just exercise, I'm trying to earn points! XD )

Yeah. Bigger and better things! I've been counting down the days until spring break. I can't wait to get away for a week! I'm so burned out lately! My whole trip is planned in my head right down to leaving directly after I finish up with a Saturday client! I'm gonna book it out of there, jump in my car, and just start driving! lol

So you're doing accounting things and business things and want to move on to wedding planning? Are you aspiring to have your own wedding planning business? Cause that'd be pretty awesome!

mugoi_usagi
Crew

Invisible Elder

7,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Invisibility 100

Abiding Angel
Crew

Friendly Hoarder

15,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:26 am
<3 <3 <3 HAPPY (belated) VALENTINES DAY MINNA~! <3 <3 <3

@ Mugoi: Congrats on losing weight! Ah, yes, Wii fit, I hear that is a really great way to workout at home. That and I hear Just Dance can kick butt. Ha ha~ Sadly, I don't have a Wii, but I don't have any room to work out in my own room even if I did have one. And it doesn't help that the television in my front room is ancient and doesn't have the little plug things to set the Wii up. I couldn't even attach my PS2 when I got it. XD I was reluctant to workout at the gym for the same reason as you, but unfortunately I have no choice because my class requires me to clock in and out of my college gym. I'm slowly getting used to it, but now I have to increase how often I go in because I need more hours in order to pass the class. And yes, having people push you is a great motivator to get fit.

Ugh, yes, totally with you on that spring break. @_@; I have like 4 tests this week. I shouldn't even be on Gaia right now, but I just need a mental break! Ha ha.

Why, yes! I do want to have my own wedding/event planning business. After getting my initial wedding planning certificate, I hope to become certified in green wedding planning. 3nodding Funny thing how I decided to pursue it too. After my ex broke up with me, I was moping around and kept thinking about how pathetic I was. I knew I needed to change to prove my self worth. For the longest time I wanted to graduate with a business management degree under my belt, but I lacked a focus as to what to do with it. So at 2 o'clock in the morning I literally typed into Google, "What can I do with a business management degree?" (faceplam, dumb, I know, but I wasn't thinking correctly.) After a page of scanning, wedding planning caught my eye and it led me to The Wedding Planning Institute online. As I was going through what they offered, I started realizing that a majority of my life revolved around marriage/love/design. I wrote a handful of essays about love and marriage. I watch a majority of wedding shows on TV when I can. I've been known to be organized and can handle crisis management. I'm bubbly, friendly, and very into social networking... So it all kinda fell into place and realized this is what I want to do with my life~!!! User Image LOL. Now I'm really happy and feel like I have the direction I was looking for. I just need to get there now. ; D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:57 am
♥ ♥ ♥ Happy Valentine's Day! ♥ ♥ ♥
a little late but still valid!

@ Angel: Yeah. My boyfriend told me (he was a cross country runner) that the best way to lose weight is to do whole body activities like walking, running, etc. DDR is a great way too! Good luck! Let me know how you're doing! I want to cheer you on!

5 weeks until spring break and I'm snuggled up with the boy and NOT doing work!

Wow! It's amazing how these things happen! I've been known to google my problems. Mostly because if nothing else, it'll come back with something amusing! Although really, there's no shame in googling what you can do with a degree. Sometimes it's hard to know what you can do with it!
The way you decided to do wedding planning sounds a lot like the way I decided to work with kids! I want to be a therapist. I knew that. Everyone around me knew exactly what they wanted to focus on though and I had no idea. While I was looking for internships I only found one that was taking interns, got an interview, and got accepted to it. It was for working with children and teens who were struggling with life issues. Shortly after I started my internship (and LOVED it!) I realized that my entire resume was full of kids: nanny, teachers aid, substitute teacher, camp counselor. And it struck me that if I'd just paid attention, I'd have known all along what I wanted to focus on! As stressful as it is, things have been going really well and I'm enjoying it! I hope you find that you love wedding planning just as much!

mugoi_usagi
Crew

Invisible Elder

7,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Invisibility 100

Hayash1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:03 pm
Hey. (._.)b

Just stop by to say hi everyone. Not really too active on gaia anymore. How's everyone been doing with their Japanese studies?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:29 pm
Hayash1
Hey. (._.)b

Just stop by to say hi everyone. Not really too active on gaia anymore. How's everyone been doing with their Japanese studies?

lol I've had to start working on my kana again since my boyfriend is using Rosetta Stone (which he is not satisfied with) to learn Japanese.

mugoi_usagi
Crew

Invisible Elder

7,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Invisibility 100

magicalgirlme
Captain

Devoted Loiterer

13,325 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Married 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:57 pm
@ Mugoi

Best of luck to him! I dislike that program but that's just because no one I know could learn from it. For me it is Japanese coach all the way! I hope it works for him! smile

@Hayash1
I am taking a break from school due to finances, so the only Japanese I can do is through Japanese Coach and what I can practice at work. the Learning never stops though!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:22 am
@Yama: Yeah...Boyfriend is not satisfied at all. He still can't figure out what word he's supposed to be learning from four identical pictures of babies. lol I'll have to suggest Japanese Coach to him. How long have you been using it? Does it teach you to read it as well as speak it?  

mugoi_usagi
Crew

Invisible Elder

7,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Invisibility 100

Abiding Angel
Crew

Friendly Hoarder

15,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:13 pm
@ Mugoi: Aww, yes, it seems like we've found our dream jobs very similarly. 3nodding It's really great that you want to help kids. This past week I read in my health book that apparently kids as young as 8 can develop depression, which made me depressed. If those kids have access to therapists like you then perhaps they have a better chance of living a better life. : D

And just putting this out there, Rosetta Stone isn't that great? I thought it was supposed to help you learn better than other programs...? I guess it was all hype, huh? I'd like to get back into practicing sign language. I miss it, though, I just don't have the time to take an official class. : /

Oh, and lately, I've been getting way into Bleach again. I started shipping IchigoxOrihime. The new episodes/chapters are just super exciting since the new arc, you know? *_* Any one else getting back into any anime/manga?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:27 pm
mugoi_usagi
lol I've had to start working on my kana again since my boyfriend is using Rosetta Stone (which he is not satisfied with) to learn Japanese.

I found Rosetta Stone to be terrible but I only spent like an hour or so on it before I uninstalled it. Not sure if they include stuff like grammar in there cause when I went through it they gave me a picture and someone saying what that picture was. (ie: *shows cat* neko, *shows plane* hikooki. etc.)

But then again whatever works :p

Yamaxchan

@Hayash1
I am taking a break from school due to finances, so the only Japanese I can do is through Japanese Coach and what I can practice at work. the Learning never stops though!

I wish I had a stable job ._. only part time stuff right now, but I managed to get myself enrolled into a Saturday class. Somehow got myself stuck in a teen class since I had just turned 18. Everyone is like 14-15 and female ._. I can't relate to any of them. They have a strange obsession with korean boy groups xd

I'm currently watching Fairy Tail and One Piece as well as Bakuman. Not many good animes have come out this season.  

Hayash1

mugoi_usagi
Crew

Invisible Elder

7,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:32 pm
Abiding Angel

And just putting this out there, Rosetta Stone isn't that great? I thought it was supposed to help you learn better than other programs...? I guess it was all hype, huh? I'd like to get back into practicing sign language. I miss it, though, I just don't have the time to take an official class. : /

Speaking of sign language!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv3tadz5Q3o
High-larious. Also, pretty freaking impressive. (fyi not safe in public places. The title of the song is the F-bomb. lol)

~ My Japan 私の日本 ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff