Welcome to Gaia! ::

[Old Guild] Modifoxes

Back to Guilds

The old Modifoxes shop guild! 

Tags: modifoxes, modis, foxes, breedables, breedable pets 

Reply Events
Avatar Co-Owning Contest! Open Indefinitely!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Katachii
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:32 pm
Co-owner RP Contest!

You'll be competing to co-own:

User Image

Jake Sully, the main character from Avatar!

Some rules for this:

-I'm not guaranteeing anyone will actually win co-own rights. If no entries seem to really click with me, I may re-open with a different prompt or just keep his as solely mine. Neytiri and Jake are an important pair in my foxes, I won't give out Jake's RP rights to just anyone. Chances are someone will win, though. I'm not horrendously picky and he needs RP. XD

-Jake is lifemated to Neytiri. They aren't on the lifemate list because I haven't self-RPed them, but they are only for each other. If I disappear off the face off the planet, you cannot give Jake a new mate. If you're AWOL for 6+ months with no signs of activity, though, I do reserve the right to break co-ownership to give Jake to someone active. I know that sounds strict, but...well, sorry, I paid for him. XD

-My muse comes and goes. I'm admittedly not the fastest with guild RPs anymore, much as I try to be. If you're not the patient type...this maybe isn't right for you.

-I do not do overboard drama, especially not with this particular couple. Don't plot things for Jake that would need to be approved in the drama thread. I'm sorry, but he lives in Omaticaya, there's no such thing as crazy amounts of drama there.

-No crackbreedings with other foxes, sorry. XD

-May add more if I need to~

And with the icky rules out of the way, here's what you get!

-RP rights to Jake. I'd like most of his RP to be with Omaticaya members since it's a pretty exclusive tribe, but he can have others buddies, sure~ I just ask that you run any major plots by me.

-Rights to half the BCRs from their breedings. Once they're on the lifemate list, they'll automatically win 4 BCRs in each of their breedings, and six if we get extra RPs in. You can give out the extra BCRs if you want, but make sure the owners you gift them to know that they need to at least grow up in Omaticaya.

-Awesome sig candy ;D  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:40 pm
About Jake~

Never watched Avatar? Need a refresher on his personality even if you have? Go here.

Modifox!Jake has obviously never been paralyzed, or a Marine. His basic personality is much the same, although with no problem of divided loyalities--he's very loyal to the Omaticaya Clan. As a basic history, I'd say his twin brother was killed and Jake went wandering until he came across Omaticaya and met Neytiri, fell in love with her after she taught her )very frustrating) student to be a hunter.

Modi Jake is a hunter, not the leader of the Clan~

Katachii
Crew

Katachii
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:46 pm
OH YEA, THE PART YOU CARE ABOUT~

Starts: Now, January 25th.
Ends: February 7th at 7:00 PM CST. I'll extend this if there aren't a lot of entries :3

Prompt: Ecthelion, your Elder, has sent you on a hunting mission to the far borders of the tribe, several days away from Hometree. What are your thoughts? What do you see around you, etc. This a pretty open prompt. I want to see how you write his personality more than anything.

No more than 2 pages in Microsoft Words single-spaced, please~

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Your summary of Jake's personality:[/b]
[b]Do you have any version of Jake's background you'd like to share? (Not required)[/b]
[b]Prompt response: [/b]

PM me if you have any questions! <3

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:25 pm
Username: Izumi Tenshi
Your summary of Jake's personality: Jake has a good heart, but his hunter attitude sometimes gets in the way of that. At first, he seems callous and sarcastically indifferent, but as he becomes familiar with someone, he begins to trust and respect them. He is courageous, determined, passionate and possesses exceptional strength of character. Jake is a fast learner and quickly adepts.
Do you have any version of Jake's background you'd like to share? (Not required)
Prompt response: Jake made his way through the brush of the forest. Once again he had been sent out by Ecthelion to perform his hunting duties. He wasn’t complaining of course. It was one of his best traits and he enjoyed the thrill of the chase. Feeling the wind through his fur and his muscles flex as he ran. The only thing that kept his mind off his task at hand was Neytiri.

He had wished that she could have come with him. She was a much greater hunter then he. She had taught him all he knew and together they had become an unstoppable hunting pair. Well, most of the time… when she wasn’t calling him a moron for doing something wrong occasionally. He couldn’t help but chuckle as he remembered back to one of the huts they had gone on. They were just about to take down their prey when he had made the mistake of not watching his footing. That day it had taken them longer to find their pray a second time… and a smack to the head.

She would probably never admit it but they had fun. That day was probably the most time they had spent talking. They exchanged stories, listening to one another tales. Hers had been much more interesting. All he had to share were the stories of him and his brother… then they day his brother died, and how he lost his way. It was true… when his brother died he didn’t know what to do with his life. It was like he had a hole inside his heart. A hole that wouldn’t mend.

It was then wile searching through the forest he came across Omaticaya and there met Neytiri. Then began his training to become a hunter for the clan. He trained hard and at first was a little confused about their beliefs and customs. With Neytiri’s help he soon rose in the ranks and became a member of the Clan Omaticaya saved him and gave him a new life… and Neytiri. The hole in his chest was almost healed thanks to her and the Clan.

Jakes ears perked up at the sound of birds flying overhead. They had brought him out of his train of thought which he was grateful for. He hadn’t moved since his little trip back in time.
“Come on Jake… what are you doin?” He shook his head. “Get your head together.”

He started off again making his way toward the border of the Clan. Prey out toward the borders was often more plentiful. They were also larger and could easily injure a fox if you weren’t careful.
“Not a problem. You’ve hunted here with Neytiri loads of times. You know the agenda and you know the rules. Just remember the rules and you’ll be fine.” He told himself as

He stopped at a small waterfall before him. Glancing back he could see the towering figure of Hometree in the distance. He had made good time and distance so far but still had a ways to go. Looking up in the sky he could see the sun was close to setting. This would be a good place to stop. The small waterfall provided water and there was a small shelter just to the side. It was hidden well by bushes and hanging vines. He and Neytiri had once spent the night here on one of they're hunting parties. It was a good place to rest and he wouldn’t be bothered.

As the sun began to set he glanced back at Hometree in the distance one last time. Three days he would be away from his Clan. He was excited but also said. He had rarely gone on hunting missions by himself. The ones he did were always close to Hometree. This would be the chance to prove himself to his Clan. To show them he was capable of being a lone hunter but he was also worried. Worried for what was going on without him. Trying to control his thoughts Jake settled down into the shelter for a nights rest. If he could get his mind to slow down.

~No one entered. I tried gonk  

Izumi Tenshi

5,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Inara4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:59 pm
Username: Inara4
Your summary of Jake's personality:He's strong, always ready to go to the next level to prove himself. In the beginning he felt more like an outsider, but over time he felt more like himself inside tribe life and he started to relax and soon realized that he had been accepted but was too tense to realize it. He tends to be sarcastic in moments of nervousness or tense situations to break the ice. Neytiri is one of the things that first tied him to the tribe. He was memorized by her beauty and grace, and even her feisty attitude. She never ceases to amaze him. And she keeps him alert, allowing him no slack, which he endears most about her. He is a sharp hunter because of her tutelage, but that doesn't stop him from goofing off every once in awhile, whether tugging on her braids or nipping at her tail. She brings out the inner child in him.
Do you have any version of Jake's background you'd like to share? (Not required)
Prompt response: Ecthelion had instructed Jake to go on a hunting mission away from Hometree, it was not the first time so he didn't think anything of it. He loved the chances that he got to move away from the home he had come to so thoroughly love and explore. He would miss his mate Neytiri of course, but he would see her upon his return, and no doubt his welcoming home would make up for his time away as it always did. Upon stepping out into the forests he was struck again by the beauty of it.

No matter how many times he walked through the foliage he couldn’t seem to get used to the majestic and grace of the forest. Every time he was alone with his thoughts all he could think about was how blind he had been before finding his place. How could he not have noticed that nature was everything? It was the air he breathed, inhaling deeply Jake smiled. It was the water he drank, he looked over to the river beside him. It was everything that connected him to this world, everything that connected him to Neytiri and his people.

Halfway toward the border he spotted at the sounds to the left of him. Even before looking he knew what it was, and a smile broke out over his face. There was a family of wolves, but more importantly, there were playing pups. He stopped and watched them. Before joining his tribe he wouldn't have recognized the beauty of this scene, he would have attacked the parents for food and never fully appreciated that cycle that all life circles.

Things were different now, HE was different now. Jake was not the same fox that had stumbled upon these lands in search of answers. He had found the answer to his problems, and he liked to think that he had grown as a fox.

Moving away from the serene scene of the wolf family, he continued on into the forest. He had a job to do, bring home enough food for the clan. And that was exactly what he planned to do. Until Eywa decided to take him.

(sorry it's so short ToT it sort of....just ended itself without my permission)  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:25 am
Username: jinxgirl5
Your summary of Jake's personality: Jake is strong, loyal, and resilient, but also proud, somewhat cocky, and stubborn. Once he decides on a path neither hell nor high water will divert him from that path. When learning new things he never gives up until he gets the hang of it, even if he’ll never be an expert or the learning experience gets (horribly) painful. When he decides you are a friend you can count on him to do everything in his power to help you out, no matter how you yourself feel about him at the time. He may not be a romantic, but in love he is completely faithful and treats his partner just like that, a partner. For those under his command, non-fighter woman and children especially, Jake is protective and will make sure any form of fighting or danger doesn’t get near enough to them to even be a threat.
Prompt response: Jake made his way through the forest, making no noise as he ghosted along the ground. There wasn’t any strict need for this since he was sure he was capable of taking down any trouble that came his way, but why borrow trouble when you didn’t need it?

Going far out into Omaticaya land wasn’t unusual for Jake; he was a hunter, after all, and it wasn’t like game just lined up in front of Home Tree. What was unusual was going all the way to the borders, which was more scout territory. Jake had a great deal of scouting experience from his time before the clan though, so perhaps Ecthelion wanted another ground scout to check the borders while Leo stayed close to home. Shoot, for that matter Leo wasn’t much of a ground scout! Jake was quite certain there was a squirrel-fox in Leo’s family somewhere, and had said as much to the green male. The tussle that had ensured afterwards was something of a bonus, and it still brought a mischievous grin to Jake’s face when he thought about it.

A rustling sound up ahead made him freeze in place for an instant, then flatten to the ground and slowly move forward. Up head was a small herd of deer, a young buck and two does with a half-grown fawn trailing after them. Jake swept his gaze over the terrain then gave the deer a closer examination, assessing whether it was worth it to chase after them. He straightened, deciding against it. The border was still further off, and he didn’t want to have to stop to hide a carcass or drag it with him.

It was almost dark by the time Jake did finally make it to the borders. He heaved a half sigh, half groan, and settled on the wide branch of the tree he had climbed. Already he’d been gone for three days, and was looking at another three to four days of a return trip. More than the length of the trip, what bothered Jake most was how much he missed Neytiri. He was used to seeing her every day, or every other day at the most. She had excellent senses and tracking skills, not to mention her sharp wit and sense of humor. Jake wished she could have come along, but at least one hunter had to stay behind while Jake was gone. The clan needed more hunters; once they had then, maybe Neytiri could come along next time.

Jake focused on his muscles, forcing them to relax so he would be horribly sore tomorrow morning. He’d do a bit of re-con tomorrow and just follow the borders, keeping an eye out for news and prey. The day after that, depending on whether he’d seen anything of interest or not, he’d head back for Home Tree. Maybe he’d even run across that small deer herd again, and he could bring home a buck to prove his efforts. Jake fell asleep as he went over a dozen different ways to bring down a buck single-handedly.  

jinxgirl5

Alien Loiterer

Events

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces