Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harganoph

Back to Guilds

A story of a world beyond our dimension, and the individual tales of the people who inhabit the world. 

Tags: Harganoph, Story, Roleplay, novel, world 

Reply Roleplay - Have your own characters in Harganoph
Torusa Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 91 92 93 94 95 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:14 pm
Oh yeah... That was right. "T-to be honest... I thought you'd say no." He chuckled nervously. But now he couldn't go back on his word. Oh, but the thought of her meeting his dad. HIS DAD. Oh man, he was in deep s**t now. "But-but okay! That'll be um... Alright. Let's go! We have to take the bus to get there." He really thought she'd say no. 'dinner at my place' was just a thing you offered, but he didn't actually MEAN it. He hoped his dad wasn't home. Or his uncle Jyn. Oh... What would she say about the decor? He was sweating pearls.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:05 pm
Marie giggled softly and offered her hand to him, "Lead the way, then~"

Oh goodness, he was even more nervous now. It was so adorable! The darling was just so cute! She absolutely adored how nervous he seemed to be. He was so cute, stuttering and blushing and all. Honestly, she didn't really know of anyone else who ever acted this way around her. She was the strange girl who was always studying and playing with slimy things. Brady was different, though. Certainly she was strange to him, but he was still so sweet to her.  

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:39 am
They took the bus to the outskirts of the ghetto side of town. There were still some nice houses in the area, and Brady stopped in front of a two-story house which seemed pretty normal from the outside, save the makeshift lilypad pond in the back yard.

'Good, neither of their cars are here,' Brady thought to himself. He kept shifting his eyes, looking for any sign of his family... Good. No one. The meal would have to be fast though; who knew when they'd be back. "Well... Ah... Here we are. Let's go inside before ah... It... Rains." He said this despite there not being a cloud in the sky.

He led her to the front door and took a key out of his pocket, also taking out Mikey and putting him on his shoulder. "Um... Watch your step when we get in there. M-my parents are a little... Odd with their... Decorations." Man, lying was hard work. He liked it better in the theater. He didn't have to talk in the theater.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:18 am
She kept a steady smile, following Brady through the houses. It was a little strange to see this sort of part of town. Her family had been very much about being proper, having the right house and the right car, living in the right neighborhood. This was really the first time she'd been in a place like this.

When he mentioned the 'odd' decor, she shook her head. "I'm sure it's all just lovely."

Of course a lot of things were lovely, compared to her own childhood home. So cold and insensitive, the kind of home that featured reproductions of classic artwork and a library of psychology books. Compared to that, everything else was wonderful.  

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:54 pm
"Okay," Brady replied almost inaudibly in the tone of 'If you say so,' and Brady opened the door.

The first thing that could be heard was a hissing, growling sound. On the floor was a full-grown crocodile, staring right at them with her mouth open. She snapped it shut, and Brady jumped.

"Sally-nooo, down. Friend. She's a guest. Down."

The crocodile hissed again, but made no more move. Mikey jumped out of Brady's pocket and onto Sally's snout. Brady led Marie further in.

There was a lot of green swampy decor, books of spells, magic, witchery, and vials of liquid were rampant on the shelves like a lazy man's beer cans. There were glass cases of what looked like body parts and specimens. Brady did his best to hurry Marie to the kitchen where he recalled his uncle Jyn kept things relatively normal.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:00 pm
Always curious, almost recklessly so, she took a step back at the snapping jaws, but stayed calm. Even if the... rather large... creature meant to harm them, getting all worked up wouldn't do any good. As the frog jumped down onto the crocodile's snout without any trouble, she smiled. My, such strange pets Brady's family kept. It was a nice change from the usual dogs and cats.

She was rushed through the house almost too quickly to see anything, though she did try. Marie caught glimpses of the books, wondering on them, but thought it best not to ask. Perhaps they were interested in strange literature? If they were, it certainly wasn't her duty to point it out.

The young woman rushed through quickly enough, with Brady's encouragement. "Your home seems lovely, Brady..."  

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:50 am
"You kidding? Its awful. Can't wait until I get my own place." Brady looked around to see if he could find anything dinner-wise. He was sure there was some chicken or something. Then he spotted a potion he knew as 'humanoid brew.' He grabbed it real quick and scooted towards the door to the kitchen and tossed it into the living room. He flinched when he heard glass shatter and cracking, as if by bones. 's**t,' he thought. "SO uh we're here, let's eat! Or.. Cook! I can make tuna casserole ooooor what are you in the mood for?" Yup, definitely did not think this through.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:08 am
Marie smiled softly, "It's much nicer than where I grew up."

When he started to edge his way to the door, she paused to watch him. He seemed even more nervous than before. She didn't really understand the reason for it, but that was fine. She mentally shrugged it off, just enjoying the company for the moment. The young woman thought she heard something strange when he tossed whatever it was out of the room. It must be nothing, though, she was sure. "Oh. Whatever you'd like to make is fine."  

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:38 am
"Ah, ahm..." Brady looked around the house when a man with brownish green hair poked his head through the kitchen from the living room.

"Ribbit."

"HEY no you can't be here," Brady hurried over to the mysterious man and pushed him away, whispering something to him. Brady then looked over at Marie. "...Hehe... Eeeeehhhhhh family. What're you gonna do?"

"Ribbit"

"I said get OUT of here!" He hissed. He smiled back over to Marie. "SO, about that casserole..." Brady started looking for the ingredients again, taking them out as he went.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:50 pm
That strange man sounded far too much like the little frog for Marie to just dismiss it. It would simply be too good of a trick, if it were. Something was going on. She would easily dismiss most things, but this was a bit too much coincidence to be done.

The young woman crossed her arms, looking at Brady, "What's going on, Brady? You're much more nervous than usual... and that... 'family' sounded an awful lot like Mikey."  

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:22 am
"Oh, huh, he's just... Joking around. Frog noises! It's his job... For movies. He's a frog... Sound maker!" He was fiddling with the casserole, careful to get all the ingredients to be food and no potions. "I mean, what? You're saying Mikey somehow turned human that's ridiculous!"  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:37 am
Marie's usually cheerful appearance faded slightly. Something was going on, but it was obvious that he wouldn't tell her. He didn't trust her to know, she supposed, but that was only to be expected. They'd only just met, after all. Though she hadn't given him a reason for mistrust, had she? She certainly tried not to.

Sighing softly, her gaze fell to the floor, "Perhaps I should go... it... it seems to be a bad time..."  

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:51 am
"N-no, no it's fine Marie really, I-" There was the sound of a car coming up the driveway, and Brady flinched at the sound of two doors slamming shut. "OKAY YOU'RE RIGHT THIS IS A BAD TIME! Marie come on let's uh, let's go out the back door bef-"

BOOM! "AAAAAAH home sweet home! Brady, son! Where's my boy, I've got WONDROUS adventures to tell!"

"Brady honey, where are you? Come help your uncle with these ingredients!"

"Ribbit."

"Wha-... MIKEY! Did you get into the human potion again? Now I have to brew another one, dammit frog!"

A tall man with brown hair poked his head into the kitchen, his eyes closed. With the smile of his, he looked like an older, handsomer version of Brady. "Brady, come on now, I got gummy worms for yo-" When he opened his eyes he saw his nephew, but Jyn also saw a woman with him, and his smile faded. "D-... Donny?!"

"What, what is it?" A much larger man and a bit shorter than Brady walked into the kitchen and once he saw Marie he gasped. "Holy Hell... Brady?... Why is there a normie in the house?"

With an exasperated sigh Jyn turned to walk out of the kitchen. "I'll start packing."

"No, wait hold on, dad, uncle Jyn I can EXPLAIN." Brady pleaded, but all eyes were on him and none of them were happy.

Mikey walked into the room and sat down like he was still his frog counterpart and looked up at everyone. "Ribbit."  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:12 am
Marie was ready to be rushed out of the house, clearly he was upset and she was sure he wouldn't want to tell her why. He wouldn't tell her anything that seemed to be going on.

With the entrance of the other two men, she turned her glance to Brady. 'Potions'? 'Normie'? There was something strange going on, but she wasn't sure it was a bad thing. If anything, it made things all the more interesting.

Glancing to the other men, she offered a weak smile. Simply because they were a bit strange, that didn't mean she needed to be rude. It was their home, after all. She was a guest, at least for the moment.  

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

Benevolent Rose

Captain

Loyal Pup

14,375 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:21 am
Brady looked distressed, and he looked at Marie, almost as if he had to wrench the truth from his mouth. "Marie... My family and I.......... We're in hiding."

"Brady dammit-"

"No dad, I gotta tell her. She's... She's a special girl. She won't tell." He looked at her and sighed, defeated. "My dad and I are... Witches. We brew potions, cast spells... The whole kit and caboodle. Mikey's more than just a pet frog he's... He's a magic frog. We call them familiars. The crocodile in the living room is my dad's. I didn't wanna tell you 'cause we're being hunted and if we're found everyone is gonna freak and we're gonna have to go into hiding again. I didn't wanna get you involved but... Can you keep it secret? Please?"  
Roleplay - Have your own characters in Harganoph

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 91 92 93 94 95 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff