Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:34 pm
User Image

Itov yawned and stretched. It had been some time since he had parted ways from his sister Yavie and the rest of the family. He wanted to get away from the family for a while and just relax. Now he found himself bored out of his mind. He wished he could do something to pass the time but he was unfamiliar with the area and didn’t know what was around to do for fun. He finally got up and began to head to what he had been told by a fleeing fox was a haunted mansion. Maybe the ghosts will be more fun.

The mansion was a rusted out heap that was in despite need of repair. The large iron gates were stuck in their current positions with one of them half open and only hanging on one of its two hinges. The overgrowth of vines and weeds covered the yard and what appeared to be some old decrepit stone graves. Itov’s red eye’s glinted in the shards of broken glass that littered the path up to the house. His grey-black fur matched the gloomy weather outside. A storm could be heard coming closer in the distance. Maybe it’s a good thing I’m headed toward a shelter. A shutter slammed against the side of the house in protest to the wind’s assault on the old building. A little leaf tornado stirred up a few feet to Itov’s left. He continued until he was at the worn steps leading to the threshold. Up and in he went the door’s menacing groaning announcing his arrival into the house.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:48 pm
User Image
The first thing Samhain instantly became aware off was the shutter on the window suddenly blowing open. After all the cold breeze that suddenly came in startled her out of her sleep. Ugh an abandoned human house was no place for her to be spending the night, but a storm had been coming and she needed a place to stay. The ghosts of foxes and humans buried in the graveyard had been kind enough to show her the way.
It was a strange ability to see ghosts, some animals could do so and there were even rumors that some humans could see them but Samhain hadn’t really seen any modifoxes that shared her gift. Of course it was queue for a lot of hardship growing up. her parents freaked out over the fact that she was able to see departed spirits of animals, although she could only understand the dead past on foxes. Life would have been miserable with only the dead to keep her company but her grandmother understood and helped shape the cheerful vixen into the fox she was today; Not that you could tell Samhain was cheerful. With a sigh she stood up and continued her search for a less drafty and cold room. It was then she heard something. It wasn’t a ghost no they had gone eerily quiet in almost anticipation a few minutes ago. “ah guess its time to check it out. Might be fun” she chuckled.

Nasaiki

Dangerous Vampire

15,675 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Jack-pot 100

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:39 am
One of the first things Itov noticed as he entered the house was the small sounds of mice scattering from him. Other than that the house seemed quite besides the groaning Itov attributed to the coming storm. Itov began wandering down a hallway. The dust obscured several old pictures from view and those that weren’t completely covered where indistinguishable blobs that were framed. Itov glanced carefully around as he walked. There is something not quite right here. It smells like there is another fox here. The scent is familiar, but I can’t place it. Am I imagining it? I know the scents of my family and I don’t really speak to any other foxes. This is... disturbing. Itov continued on turning into a small room full of large shelves that were packed messily with books. The room had little light filtering in, but it was warmer than the hallway. Itov blended in well with the room. His eyes scrutinizing the room in the dim light; Itov decided he liked the room. The walls had some floral decoration, but it wasn’t overdone and smell of the room was of the books, but that was pleasant. Itov walked up to a large ball that was surrounded by wood. He raised a paw and placed it on the ball. The sphere moved. Itov didn’t understand the patterns on the globe but it seemed interesting.

(Itov did meet Samhain as a kit, but i'm not sure he would remember her completely, or if you even wanted him too.)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:06 pm

Samhain quickly entered the library. There was still a little bit of sun left and the windows weren’t prone to randomly swing open. She lightly booted the mice on the butt to help them scurry forward a bit faster and quickly made a few jumps up into the rafters. Normally she would just carefully rest on the top of the book shelf but she was rather orange and unless she concealed herself just right she stood out. Now safely tucked away she watched as the stranger to her domain entered the room. It was funny how so many things never looked up. While the new comer looked around she could observe him a bit. See if she wanted to reveal her self to him.
He looked a bit familiar. Perhaps in her travels around the world she had seen him before. Samhain wasn’t a very social fox but she had met a couple of foxes here and there. Ah well his company had to be better than the ghosts. She giggled a bit before slowly humming a small celtic lullaby as to not scare him as she made her presence known.

Nasaiki

Dangerous Vampire

15,675 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Jack-pot 100

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:39 pm
Itov stopped looking at the globe and simply listened to the lullaby. He’s ears cocked back and forth as he listened. The sound seemed to be coming from above him from one of the book racks. Still he didn’t turn that way to look for the song’s hummer. Rather he continued to listen to the song as he walked around the spinning sphere and almost up to the next set of books on an opposing bookshelf. This way Itov could turn his head and look up the top of the shelf without craning his neck and risking vulnerability if the singer wasn’t as friendly as he hoped. Finally he looked up at the top of the bookshelf he had been near. It was empty. He raised his eyes higher still to the rafters and could see a bulk of mass in the shadows hiding from sigh. Still it had to be the song’s origin.Perhaps if it came forward a bit the dim like would at least let me see what it is. Still I don’t know how bold it is so a confrontation to drag it out could be harmful to me, and if it’s skittish it would simply flee. A conversation is the best way to start. Itov waited for the lullaby to end before blinking slowly and nodding only saying. “A nice song, can you tell me its name; shadow so up high?” Itov hoped to get some sort of response out the shadow.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:50 pm
Samhain nodded in approval as he manuevered himself around to be able to look at her with out leaving anything open. Of course this was mainly just to herself as obviously she was enough in the shadows to be rather unrecognizable. It was also kind of funny his actions. If she really wanted to harm him she would have done it when his attention was on the globe. Then again he could have thought that she hadnt seen him and was singing for the heck of it. Drawing her tail securely around the rafter she tested its weight and after knowing it was secure enough for her to swing back up she dropped down looking at him from upside down. Of course this was enough for the light to catch her "Of course I can. Its called Pangur Ban." She laughed a bit.  

Nasaiki

Dangerous Vampire

15,675 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Jack-pot 100

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:31 pm
Itov blinked. Well at least I know I’m dealing with a vixen. A brightly colored one at that. Orange and black fur with soft orange brown eyes. Cute. Weather he was referring to the song or the vixen even Itov didn’t know. Should you been hanging like that? Itov paced a bit closer to catch the vixen if she fell. Still she seems confident enough in her actions that she probably won’t fall. Itov took another step closer anyway. As he took his steps the shadows played with his own fur pattern making him look like a living shadow himself. The lullaby still clung in his head he hummed it quietly to himself. He realized what he was doing and stopped with a rueful smile. It would seem your song is infections. I’m Itov. May I know your name or shall I continue calling you ‘Shadow’? Itov’s eye’s showed his mirth though he kept his tone nice and level.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:30 pm
"Do not worry. I am not silly enough to try this with out testing the beam I am on. it will hold" she smiled and swung back and forth enough to grasp back onto her rafter and haul herself back up when she saw him getting closer. Maybe it would put his mind at ease that she wasnt going to fall. Samhain let out a little snort at the fact her song was infecting his mind. "Its not my song silly. Well I am the one that sang it but I can hardly take claim to its creation. "mmm normally you would have to work for my name. A name is a powerful thing you should go giving it out so easily.... but since I'm up here and you're down there I guess I can tell you. I'm Samhain."  

Nasaiki

Dangerous Vampire

15,675 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Jack-pot 100

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:36 pm
Itov nodded to what Samhain had said following her motion up back up to the rafters with his ruby eyes. It might not be your song; however, you are first I have heard singing it. So to me it will always be yours. As fas as names are concerned. Names are powerful, so too are misconceptions. It wouldn’t be fun to have your name stripped from you because no one else knows it belongs to you. This vixen is interesting. I’ve never heard anyone in my family be so… straightforward and yet cryptic. It’s interesting. Far more so then Yavie’s unvarying chatter about pixes or some such nonsense as of late. I wonder if she lives in this house. Perhaps she's the ghost the other fox was so scared of.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:27 pm
"mmm I guess it wouldn't be very fun to have your name forgotten but then again what is a name that is remembered with out something about the fox. Through out time we have lots of names and we know nothing about the name bearer. It is better to leave something behind powerful and rememorable so they want to remember your name." Samhain told him looping back down to her bat mode.  

Nasaiki

Dangerous Vampire

15,675 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Jack-pot 100

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:12 pm
Well I suppose that’s a point to you. Itov nods his head in mock defeat. Watching her hang there from the rafters gave Itov the image of a large pendulum like in an old human device that tick’ed. A small smile tugged on Itov’s lips as he suppressed a laugh. So tell me; if you don’t mind to much.What are you doing in this ruin of a human domicile Samhain? It seems an odd place to live.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:53 pm
"Why of course its a point to moi" She said in mock victory before deciding if she wanted to hang a bit more or drop down onto the ground. Deciding on the former she quickly let go of the rafter and did a small somersault in the air before landing on her feet. "no I dont live here persay. This is mostly just a place I stay for the night occasionally. The ghosts seemed interesting tonight so I wanted to see what was wrong with them" She stated looking off towards said ghost. Samhain quickly made a little oops motion and looked at itov to see what his reaction would be..  

Nasaiki

Dangerous Vampire

15,675 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Jack-pot 100

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:58 pm
Itov followed Samhain’s eyes and saw nothing but shadow where she glanced. He turned back to her and raised an eyebrow; but shrugged as if it was of no concern to him what she did or didn’t see. I came here because a passing fox seemed troubled and said there were ghosts here. I thought ghosts would be more entertaining than sleeping the day away or getting caught up in the storm that was brewing outside. As if to echo his words. Wind could be heard whistling around the house for a moment before calming down and leaving the haunted house eerily quite.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:11 pm
"oh that fox, well most of the time ghosts dont do anything but just fly around and moan. Occasionally you'll get a rather stronger one that can move things but they dont come around normally. He probably got spooked by me. After all he failed the trick or treat game" she pointed out. She looked out at the storm as well. "ah that is going to be a rather big one. Better shelter probably would have been the best choice. It gets rather windy and cold here." she told Itov.  

Nasaiki

Dangerous Vampire

15,675 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Jack-pot 100

Reoakee

Beloved Lunatic

19,875 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:23 pm
Well it seems you’re quite knowledgeable about ghosts. Itov nodded. I was already beyond the gate when the wind began to pick up and there was no guarantee that better shelter was nearby. If there is a room with no window or high enough perhaps it would be warmer? Itov flicked his tail in thought. Exactly what is the trick or treat game? If you don't mind telling me. Itov’s eyes shown with genuine curiosity that his sister Yavie would have pounced on and teased him for.  
Closed Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff