Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply Digimon Graveyard (Memorable Archive)
Secret Santa Rules Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tamer Island-Ken
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:17 am
1ST POST: Secret Santa Rules (You are here)
2ND POST: How the tamers are assigned
3RD POST: Wish List Tutorial

How does this work?
Each person who has registered in the official SS thread will be assigned 1 random person for them to give gifts to every week. The person giving the gifts will not reveal themselves to the recipient.
They will only reveal themselves to that person on christmas day along with their final gift.
Your assigned person will be pmed to you by me(Make sure I can send you private messages). You are asked not to reveal yourselves to that person until christmas when giving gifts.

Days when you will be giving gifts:
Nov. 28 (Week 1)
Dec. 4 (Week 2)
Dec. 11 (Week 3)
Dec. 18 (Week 4)
Dec. 25 (Week 5)
[[For best results, the most expensive gift you should be giving to your assigned tamer should be given on the 25th as you reveal yourselves to them XD]]
©Tamer Island Copyright
*You may not send you gift on the exact date as stated. As long as you will give them one item per week.
*In some cases you may not be able to give gifts to your assigned person due to personal reasons, just pm me and I will explain the situation to your assigned person. (eg. vacation more than 1 week, broke, etc.)
*In some cases, a week has passed and you still haven't received a gift from your secret santa. Just pm me and we shall see what happened to your secret santa.
*Validated negligence(abandoning this event without notice), dishonesty(pretending that you haven't received your gift), swindling (assigned tamer feels cheated from your gifts which is not worth the discussed amount) will lead to a permanent ban and shall be reported to a moderator.
©Tamer Island Copyright
How to Send Gifts:
*The minimum official budget for this event is at least 35,000g for the entire course which estimates to 7k a week. (Nov. 28-Dec. 25)
Make sure that would be the total amount of your gifts you will be giving your assigned person for this event or more.
1. Click an item in your inventory and click gift item.
User Image
2. Choose a gift wrapper, Place the username of your assigned person on the Username space, Place your message and most importantly: CHECK THE GIVE THIS GIFT ANONYMOUSLY BOX! otherwise your identity will be revealed.
User Image

*On the 5th week, uncheck the box to reveal yourselves to them.

3. Click submit then confirm.
©Tamer Island Copyright
*Gold cannot be given as a gift as well as digimon partners. If you want to give your assigned tamer an item which cannot be sent through gifts (such as avi art, digivolution items, digimon battle cards) just pm it to me and I'll be the one to give it to them (if it is guild based like digivolution items, make sure delete it from your tamer profile/possession after giving it or it would count as stealing).

REMEMBER!!!
Make sure this is enabled in your profile options!
User Image
©Tamer Island Copyright
For further inquiries I am just a pm away.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:18 am
You're probably wondering how are the tamers assigned to each of their secret santas.
We don't have any special randomizing gadgets/programs so we used our old tourney bracket builder...
TA-DAH!
User Image

Those who were listed in the past thread were included there and the bracket was created:

User Image

Now the names of the tamers were marked and shall be only revealed on the 25th. This secret santa is "ascending" meaning, the one on the highest part will be the secret santa of the one on the lowest part of the bracket. then the lowest one on the bracket will be the secret santa of the one above him and so on.
This goes to show that your secret santa will never be the one you will be assigned to give gifts to.

That is how we randomized this event ^_^  

Tamer Island-Ken
Crew

Tamer Island-Ken
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:19 am
How to make your WISHLIST (optional)

A Wishlist helps your secret santa be aware of what you wish during the course of this event.

To create one,
first,edit your registration post in this thread: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=20524057
Place something like "I want...." then just list at least 5 items/anything that you wish to have and is attainable. You may list very expensive items which is waaay over the 35k minimum amount but it would be a waste since your secret santa would most probably cannot afford to buy you that item so just be sensible in what you include in your wishlist.

You may also place your wish lists in this same thread however this also serves as an official chatting thread for this event so it may be bumped off and your secret santas would have trouble locating your wishlist.

You may also place your wish lists in your sig, tamer profile, etc.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:49 am
This thread is now open for chatting, bumping, etc while I pm each of you your assigned tamers :3  

Tamer Island-Ken
Crew

Kazu Matsumoto

Fashionable Guildsman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:03 am
Merry Christmas DTI!

Great idea this for sure biggrin I like the whole 1 gift a week thing, but my only question is:
If we buy our Santa a gift worth the 35K minimum can we hold off until the last week? Or is the one gift per week mandatory ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:13 am
Kazu Matsumoto
Merry Christmas DTI!

Great idea this for sure biggrin I like the whole 1 gift a week thing, but my only question is:
If we buy our Santa a gift worth the 35K minimum can we hold off until the last week? Or is the one gift per week mandatory ^_^

Merry Christmas! ^_^

It should be 1 gift a week.
Even if you give them 35k minimum for the first week you still have to give them gifts til the 5th week.

And to be extra fun, your last gift (which is to be given on the 25th) should be the most expensive of em all as you reveal yourselves to them.  

Tamer Island-Ken
Crew

Black_Blood Cat

Anxious Kitten

9,750 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:14 am
Too bad I don't celebrate Christmas irl o .o;;
But let's not get into that personal topic x3

It would be nice for me to get the two items I'm questing but that would be almost impossible for anyone to spend a lot of money just for me TT ^TT

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:19 am
'Tis the season to be gifting~
I think we should make up a Digimas song~  

wild wulfie of the forest

Friendly Werewolf

6,800 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Tamer Island-Ken
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:25 am
@BBC sorry to hear that, at least you will get the feel of christmas in Tamer Island in this event. And who knows? Your Secret Santa might be generous enough to get you your wanted items.

@wulfie I love the sound of that. Though I suck at composing songs crying  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:28 am
Can we send our gifts now?
Edit:Which price counts, the Store Price or Market Price?  

Sun Hou Yi

Greedy Lunatic

9,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Battle: Mage 100

KiroMishima
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:33 am
levelnight20

no....we look around for the magical cave of gumdrops and ice cream...OF COURSE WE CAN IT SAID IN THE PM!!! D :

....which do you think? If it can't be sold in stores them market...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:34 am
of course, it's already the 28th ^_^  

Tamer Island-Ken
Crew

wild wulfie of the forest

Friendly Werewolf

6,800 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Tamer Island-Ken
@BBC sorry to hear that, at least you will get the feel of christmas in Tamer Island in this event. And who knows? Your Secret Santa might be generous enough to get you your wanted items.

@wulfie I love the sound of that. Though I suck at composing songs crying

Aw, It's okay~ I'm horrible at it to so I just go for something that follows the tune as best as I can get it~

On the first day of Digimas, a Tamer gave to me~ A Biyumon in a Digitree~  
levelnight20
Edit:Which price counts, the Store Price or Market Price?

@Karan: So mean crying  

Sun Hou Yi

Greedy Lunatic

9,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Battle: Mage 100

Black_Blood Cat

Anxious Kitten

9,750 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50