Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Inn of Peace (and other rp)

Back to Guilds

A role playing guild from non to fully literate role plays. 

Tags: Role play, literate 

Reply General Forum
Ideas and Suggestions!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

InnOfPeace
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:31 am
This is a thread for everyone who has ideas, suggestions, comments which they wish to share with everyone.

They could be:
- ideas of new forums for the guild
- ideas of games/events with prizes we could do with the guild
- anything that comes to your mind!

Welcome and Enjoy! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:17 pm
Hey, it's mega. I play as Myras in the guild. I know we have an update section in the Inn of Peace RP somewhere, but the thing is, it has little info. I think we need a more official recap of what happens, to be updated once every month or so, which would help new members like myself. after all, there have been more than 2000 pages of that single RP, which would be more than painstaking to read through. even if the character doesn't learn about the events untill they learn from more mainstream characters, it would be nice if we could get a recap of events.

this should include things like
-new characters added (it should say in logs, or in the RP itself...
-new character revelations (powers, history, things the general cast don't know much about)
-Events and Battles (Something as little as a relationship marker, or as large as genocide. battle result preffered, if known.)
-Changes to the area (not just the addition of a building, but the destruction of major areas as well. may also be seasonal.  

cobalticSage

Distinct Prophet

13,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200

Zulma san
Captain

Generous Knight

9,000 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:21 am
Mega,
your idea is excellent and this is what Azana is working on.
We just created the Update Thread and this is a lot of work.
So just bear with us while we are trying to make that into reality.

About your categories:
- new characters added and revelations are great categories and I agree that they should be mentioned.
- events and battles: remember that NO battle is to take place at the Inn itself it would have to happen at the plains of tourments
- changes to the area: there will be NO changes to the Inn of Peace in terms of destruction. The only addition of a building would be orchestrated by me (and the crew members if need be).  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:38 am
Mega,

Hey there! Azana here...as Zulma said, I've been kind of appointed to put together the archive, and I'm sorry that it's been almost nonexistent at this point. I'm in grad school, staying very active in the RP itself (as well as a couple others), so it gets hard sometimes to also juggle filtering through over 2000 pages of posts (and that's just in the main thread)!

To address your concerns:

1.) Yes, I will be including a "New Faces" section in each post. It's just that the first one there was for the first month, so there were so many floating in and out, many of whom are no longer active. I'm choosing to focus more on those who are still around. Major revelations and character development are being added as well (for instance, Angeles bloodlust-driven attack gets mentioned down the line in another story arc, or budding relationships that have an effect months later).

2.) I do intend to work a bit with putting the Plains and Around the Inn into the Archives as well, but lining up the dates can be spotty at times, especially in the early days where Around the Inn didn't exist and some people rarely ventured into the Inn itself. Any story arc will be summarized but likely without page numbers.

3.) Changes to the Area: The only thing that has happened at the Inn is an expansion, though I might be willing to include the addition of places outside the Inn (for instance, GMO HQ, Power Central, the Carlton...).

As I've talked to Zulma, I realize that with more and more new faces, this is getting increasingly important. So, instead of trying to do the whole "start from the top", we're switching priorities. I will be setting up the monthly posts today, but filling them in backward, starting with the most recent developments in this November. This has two benefits:

-New faces get a quick idea of what's going on.
-I've been more active in that time and so can do a lot of it from my own memory.

I hope this helps, and I'll be getting on that shortly!  

Azana Brown
Vice Captain

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100

Gren_Eckener
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:22 am
*raises hand* I'm not sure that there's anything that can really be done for my topic of whinging, but is there any way to have it so that folks PM each other when they want to do something major to one another's characters? This already pretty well happens, but there are a few moments I would have loved this to be a rule.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:36 pm
What you describe Gren is called God moding and is FORBIDDEN unless previous agreement between the players involved...hmmmm I'll go re-emphasize that in the rules...
If it happens again, then the player should be warn, if it happens repetitively with one player, then that player should be banned...  

Zulma san
Captain

Generous Knight

9,000 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

Gren_Eckener
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:22 pm
Thank you, dear...and I'll admit, I need a refresher here and there myself on 'em. wink  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:56 pm
hmm... I've been thinking... but everyone needs a way to coordinate perfectly. I've had so much trouble getting on, only to find it inactive. sometimes only Gren was there, and sometime he was the only one online. granted, it's always slow at night, but I kinda wish I had some sort of schedule to go by... even if it was subject to change...  

cobalticSage

Distinct Prophet

13,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200

Zulma san
Captain

Generous Knight

9,000 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:58 am
Well Mega, knowing that people's activity is subject to real life condition, I would find it difficult to have a schedule, especially with the IoP being such an open rp.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:08 am
I have maybe a compromise? I have the same problem as Mega and was wondering if not so much as a schedule but more of somewhere to post what times we are normally on? Of course subject to change depending on RL but it would be nice. Just a though I had reading it over is all.  

SirenNightMoon

Sweet Genius

9,450 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Caroling Champ 100

Zulma san
Captain

Generous Knight

9,000 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:49 pm
Well I think we might just have to decide that the IoP is on EST (like NY or DC) that would make it easier for everyone...? I don't know, most of the time, this is not an issue...this is not as if the IoP was a literate rp... I'm thinking about solutions, but putting up a time would be a problem as this is changing so often, that would be a pain to keep it up to date.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:00 am
some kind of christmas event. like a 12 days kind of thing 3nodding  

Mika Hisoka

Azana Brown
Vice Captain

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:37 am
Mika,

The characters in the Inn usually throw a big Christmas/Holiday bash in the RP, but somehow I'm not sure that's what you had in mind. What's your idea?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:51 am
Hello folks.

Not many people probably remember me from around the time IoP was first formed up, but anyway, I'm here again and I bring with me a proposition:

I am wanting to create a D&D (Dungeons & Dragons) Roleplay. I have led a successful one in the past that lasted for several months. I will be removing a *large* amount of the dice rolling from the process in order to take a bit of the diamond-hard edge that surrounds the term "D&D Roleplay".

You'll be able to choose from a wide variety of races, classes, feats and spells/abilities and I will create the story as we go along. I've successfully DM'ed (Dungeon Mastered) many times before and I'd like this to be a creative vent for me in my spare time.

For those who have never participated in a D&D game before, believe me when I say: Imagination is the limit. The only times that I'll yank on the chain is to make sure that no traditional rules get broken (i.e. no angel/demon, extra planar characters etc. or one hit kills on targets that are formidable yadda yadda).

I would like to gauge interest in who would like to join in this endeavor.
If there's at least 4 people other than me who are interested, I will begin drawing up the details.

biggrin  

Tonash Drahow

Omnipresent Phantom

General Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas