Susan the b***h Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Death Harborer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:18 pm
***spoiler alert***

im wondering if anyone was as mad as me in changes when you find out susan is hiding his daughter from harry. Like come the on! How could you do that. Personally im glad she died in the end.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:17 pm
I'm kind of glad but not so glad because i mean harry had to kill her. You wouldn't want him to do that but he did .  

Bronze Crystal Dragon

Tactical Mystic

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:19 pm
Well...I did hate her...but she had a point. Harry is kind of a walking target and having a little toddler with him would have been just...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:19 pm
Well it was either her or his daughter, so i kinda wanted him to do it. I never liked susan.  

Death Harborer

Bronze Crystal Dragon

Tactical Mystic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:23 pm
Susan had a reasonable point come on she is not fully turned vampire on the run constantly and harry is always targeted by magical beings if they even had a flicker of a clue he had a child she would be hunted down instantly which is why he said he didnt want to know where she was in the end.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:35 pm
Though I have to say...Susan was pretty dumb to trust anyone with her daughter's location. Telling Martin? Come on...that was a pretty dumb move.  

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250

Bronze Crystal Dragon

Tactical Mystic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:27 pm
-Astra_Lycoris_Dysis-
Though I have to say...Susan was pretty dumb to trust anyone with her daughter's location. Telling Martin? Come on...that was a pretty dumb move.

yeah that was her bad in that manner but other then that it was for their daughters safety.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:35 pm
Konki Ookami
-Astra_Lycoris_Dysis-

yeah that was her bad in that manner but other then that it was for their daughters safety.

I agree. Despite all, she did what she did to protect her daughter. And I, personally, can't hate her. I understand her reasons though I would have handled myself differently if I lived in Jim Butcher's Chicago and had to make those decisions.  

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250

TheWardenDresden

4,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:57 pm
The child was a liability. They're pawns in a bigger game, and there wasn't any choices to be made. Simply put, she did what she had to do.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:01 pm
i agree, but i still hate her. I understand everything she did was for the daughters safety, but looking at it through harry's eyes, with his views and beliefes the least she coulda done was tell him. he was an orphan and he hated it.  

Death Harborer

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:06 pm
-nod- but in the end...he saw that it was for the best. He didn't like it. Nobody liked it but it was for the best...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:02 pm
TheWardenDresden
The child was a liability. They're pawns in a bigger game, and there wasn't any choices to be made. Simply put, she did what she had to do.

Yup, I agree.

But I think her death brought peace. Yeah, Harry is going to feel guilty over her death, he did by and large cause it, but she went out protecting her daughter and now Harry can't be mad at her or really with himself. It was a good way to finish the Susan thread.  

J. Dragonhater
Crew

Sprainogre
Crew

Learned Seeker

10,100 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:51 am
While certainly a b***h move, it makes perfect sense. Their daughter would have been a HUGE liability considering Harry's life, or Susan's (which is why she was left with a foster family). And Susan knew that Harry wouldn't have been rational about it. It's his child after all.

There were no good choices, so Susan made a judgment call and went with what caused the least amount of danger. I for one think she made the right call.

Also, I seem to be one of the few people who liked her character, and was sad to see her die. huh.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:28 pm
I was sad to see her go. The manner of her death was just so good that it lessened the loss of her death. Not like a death that happened in the other Harry series *shakes fist at Rowling*  

J. Dragonhater
Crew

Defiance of God

8,200 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:36 pm
I'm Questing 555,555 Tickets!

Frankly, I understand why Susan did what she did and if I was in the same position, I would have done the same.

Susan and Harry's relationship was never really that solid, just look at what occured and what happened. For crying out loud, the only reason the child was conceived was due to Susan nearly losing control and Harry had to use the special handcuffs (which I really wish I had a pair of ^_~) to detain her than had some adult style fun to sate her thirst. IF that doesn't speak to the issue of what could happen with their child, I'm not sure what else would, other than everything else that happens around Harry and Susan.

So, I honestly respect Susan's choice, and it sucks that Harry had to kill her. Though, Susan's death ended a war, it also ended a part of Harry that he will never get back. In one day he killed two people he would never have wanted to if he had the choice.

So Far? 006,392/555,555

The Dresden Files - The Official Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces