Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]
[PRP] A Day with the Boys (Jozo & Kijani Machozi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:25 pm
Kijani let out a soft sigh, his warm brown eyes peering tiredly around him as he rested in a patch of comfortable grass. He wasn't worn down from sickness, no, he had just been taking a nap in the sunshine.

The great green lion stretched out, his mouth parting in a yawn as he looked around him casually. It was a quiet day, and there didn't seem to be anyone around. He didn't mind, not really, but he did wonder what about him so so intimidating to others; it was a mystery to him and something he doubted he'd ever understand.

Stretching again, the large lion got to his feet and padded off in no particular direction. He didn't have a destination in mind and thus let his paws carry them where they willed.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:39 pm
It was just another day for Jozo. A day full of tireless work. He hadn't been resting well, not after his fight with Eppie. Gerda tried to push her happiness on him, but Jozo just wasn't as excited for cubs as Gerda seemed to be. Perhaps when they were born he would feel more than dull responsibility, but for right now he felt no excitement.

The fight with Eppie had only made the resentment that Jozo had for Gerda that much more intense. He'd thought that by giving Gerda cubs, Eppie would be happy that he would have more time to spend with Eppie. That hadn't been the case. Eppie had been furious, and rightly so. It didn't make the whole situation easier, though; in fact, it was more bothersome than it had been before.

Watchful brown eyes sought out a green lion, one he'd seen around previously but hadn't had a moment to chat with. Perhaps an idle conversation would get his mind off of the troubles at home. "Greetings," he called out, hoping to catch the large male's attention.  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:39 pm
It was a bit startling to have someone call out to him; Kijani had grown used to being something of a great green ghost, but it didn't particularly show on his face as he paused in his stroll and turned to the other male, ducking his head in greeting. "Greetings, yourself," he said quietly, his rumble of a voice clearly audible despite his quiet tone.

"Is there anything I can help you with?" He wasn't really a conversationalist, and most members of the pride knew that, thus, when he was approached like this it was almost always for some sort of purpose.

"I don't believe that we have ever spoken before," he added after a moment, one ear twitching thoughtfully, while deep brown eyes regarded the brown male, his somewhat distant gaze focused for the moment, more because he actually had something to focus on than because he was particularly interested in this fellow pride member.

There was no point in interest, not when it was highly likely that the other lion would lose interest and wander away within the next few minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:27 pm
Jozo really didn't have a purpose to the meeting or any conversation in mind when he'd approached the green fellow. "No, no. I'm not in need of any help. I merely saw you walking here and thought I'd introduce myself. I am Jozo, warrior of the pride; I've seen you around but I've never taken a moment to introduce myself." He grinned sheepishly, "I stay pretty busy."

In such a small pride it was almost a given that everyone knew everyone, though sometimes that wasn't always the case.  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:44 pm
"I see," Kijani drawled, turning his gaze to the sky for a moment as he thought about what to say next. "I am Kijani Machozi... I was meant to be a guard, but now I believe I am to be relegated to a hunter." There was no shame in that statement, it was simply fact. Now that he was showing even the barest hints of the plague that afflicted the pride, it was best that he not go anywhere near the borders, regardless of reasons.

The green lion nodded at Jozo calmly; he wasn't surprised that the other had never introduced himself - it wasn't that uncommon of a lapse, after all. Kijani was a large lion, physically intimidating in most cases, and no-one ever seemed to get past the walls he held up to realize that he wasn't fierce or proud at all. "I can see that," he said, as he had noticed on more than one occasion how the brown lion seemed to be running everywhere at once - something he had never had the inclination for even when his siblings had both been alive. "I have little to do, myself, but that is just as well."

Because he wouldn't know what to do with himself if he actually had people looking to him for guidance or settling disputes or - no, he was much too much of a pushover underneath all of that bulk and green fur.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:32 pm
"It's a pleasure, Kijani. There is much pride to be had as a hunter," Jozo continued, watching the large green lion carefully. Jozo was a big lion himself, so he wasn't really intimidated... he was more curious than anything. "You are sick, then?"

It was a personal question, or at least it might've been to Jozo if he was an ill lion. Then again, most of the lions in the pride had the plague that was constantly trimming their numbers, taking friends and loved ones from those who survived. Jozo's eyes grew cloudy with deep thoughts; someday he would be one of the survivors left behind.  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:09 pm
Kijani shrugged lightly, a simple roll of one of his great shoulders, dark green mane shifting a bit with the motion. "It's likely," he said simply, turning to watch Jozo more head-on. "I haven't gone to the healers, and there have been few symptoms as of yet." Both lions knew, however, that 'few' and 'none' were vastly different things.

A solemn dip of his head and a soft sigh were the only further sounds Kijani made for a few moments, before her tilted his gaze towards the sky once again. "But then, I am the last of my family alive, so falling ill now means less than it might have otherwise."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:24 am
"My mate is ill," Jozo said absently, as if it was meant to soothe the other when in fact he recognized that Kijani had most likely come to terms with his own health. "I am the last alive of my own family, as well. My mother was lost in childbirth and my father followed soon after." He spoke matter-of-factly; death was an every day occurrence for Jozo and even for the pride.

"I hope you are feeling healthy now, at least. My... friend, Eppie, she was thought to be free of the plague until most recently when she began to show signs and symptoms."  

bipolar bee
Crew

Alien Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:15 pm
"My sympathies," Kijani said quietly, though he kept any pity out of his voice. No, his sympathy wasn't related to Jozo's diseased loved ones - and a friend was a loved one, in her own way - but rather to his inevitability as being the one left alone. That was never a pleasant place to be, and Kijani wouldn't wish that upon anyone.

"May those you care for stay healthy as long as is possible," he added after a moment. It would be better if the two females weren't ill at all, but the best wishes he could offer were related to the slow progression of the disease, rather than its nonexistence entirely.

[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games