Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sushi!

Back to Guilds

Roleplaying, contests, tektek, pictures and more! 

Tags: Sushi, talking hats, crazy sporks, roleplay, sushiness 

Reply Writer's corner and contests
The Six-Word Story: Session I Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

This game sound cool to you?
  YEA!
  Um...no, not really.
  omg that itself was six words!
View Results

Lyrica Pie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:37 pm
Introduction

So basically each person has SIX words only to tell a story. Then the next person has to explain what the story is about and give another six word story that is somehow related to the previous story (ie: biography of a significant character, prequel, sequel, explanation (explains how something happens or came to be).

Note that the story ideas are supposed to be short-story (1,000-10,000 words) or novelette (5,000-20,000 words) length. Even though it is technically impossible to judge how long a story will be before its actually written, just keep that in mind?

When we play it as school there's a "secretary" that records each six word story and notes on the story plots. Here we will just use posts in the beginning to substitute for that smile

All of it just serves as inspirational material smile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:50 pm
Sample Format

(Different colours represent different people)

red grass, running shoes, Mother's dead.

In a completely messed up world where nature isn't it's "natural" colours any more, Josh Bunker writes a letter to his brother with the news that their mother has died and then vanishes soon after, with no clues except the unsent letter and a pair of old running shoes.

baby clothes and doll for sale

(Bio) Joey Bunker, Josh's older brother, has just left home to start his career in the army. He receives in the mail a set of baby clothes and a doll from his recently-killed girlfriend (or wife) and desperate to move on, offers to sell them.

Help. Flood approaching. No fire.

And et cetera.

Note that the person making the story has almost free rein on what to do with the six word story. However, the six-word poster can control HOW and WHAT to post:

"eraser crumbs sheet music no bagels"
VS
"eraser crumbs, sheet music, no bagels"
VS
"eraser, crumbs, Sheet, music, NO!, bagels"

or

"ice" VS "frozen water" VS "solid H2O"

And that manipulation can come into play of things. smile  

Lyrica Pie

Lyrica Pie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:52 pm
Characters

Waldo Gilfax--someone rich.

Wendy--Waldo's younger cousin

Mary Glue--Wendy's best friend

Wisconsin Tynan--technology nerd, bad driver  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:54 pm
~Reserved~
Just in case.

Lyrica Pie

Lyrica Pie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:55 pm
~Reserved~
Just in case.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:56 pm
~Reserved~
Just in case.

Lyrica Pie

Lyrica Pie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:58 pm
First post!

shattered glass, rings, nine hundred one

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:36 am
Waldo Gilfax's mansion is broken into. The criminal leaves behind plain signs of destruction but no tracks or fingerprints or other clues.
The criminal has broken into Waldo's ring collection and not stolen but ADDED one ring, making 901.

pony, happy birthday, car crash, calculator

((DUDE!! So awesome!

...I have no idea how calculator and pony are supposed to connect to anything. Oh well razz ))  

Consistent Spontaneity
Crew

5,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

amac4

4,250 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:17 pm
((Hm.. I'll try this one))

Meanwhile, Waldo's young cousin Wendy is having her birthday party. She receives a pony as a gift. But right when everyone yells "Happy Birthday!" a car crashes into the party room. When Wendy looks up, all she can see is a calculator with a broken panel, forever frozen on the number "901."

Nothing is coincidence, except on Thursdays.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:30 pm
Mary Glue, Wendys bestfriend looked around in horror. "901? This can't be a conisidence...unless is it thursday?" She asked.

Small, but tall at diffrent times  

Your_Last_Wish_For_Death
Vice Captain

4,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Consistent Spontaneity
Crew

5,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:55 pm
The driver of the crashed car is a short tech-freak that, upon seeing what he's done, flees. When police surround him he switches on a trick on his bag which instantly grows super-long legs. The boy then escapes the crime scene.

I'm only ten, don't kill me

LOL. Waldo Gilfax is the host in Death and Dining. Poor guy. Has a lot of trauma going on.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:49 pm
When the police caught up to the driver of the car they discover he is only a ten-year-old. The boy claims his name is Wisconsin Tynan and begs them not to kill him. He denies knowing anything about the break in and claims the car was a failed experiment he had been designing for Waldo or Wendy.

83 shoes lying on the sidewalk

Oh yea! Hahaha. I copied Wen from you Silver XP
Hehe. you guys make the six words a coherent phrase smile That's just awesome biggrin

~Tris  

Lyrica Pie

Your_Last_Wish_For_Death
Vice Captain

4,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:47 pm
Wendy looked out after the boy and the officers. She turned to her friend and asked to leave for a moment. She ran into a closet and found an odd looking cement, sidewalk looking floor covered in 83 shoes, only one was missing.

Oops, I lost the lolly pop

It's not that hard really. Most sentences are 6 words long.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:24 pm
Wendy returned to where the police were standing with Wisconsin. Suddenly, the boy checked his pockets, yelled, "I lost my lollypop!!" and tried to run back to the car, but the police stopped him.

One thousand one for number man.  

amac4

4,250 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Your_Last_Wish_For_Death
Vice Captain

4,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:25 pm
((Lmao this is so random. lol ))

The boy looked at the police man in the face, and gave him a prothec line, "One thousand one for number man." And spat in his face.

Charlie the unicorn, popcorn, purple, STUPID!  
Writer's corner and contests

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff