Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Saying the word "fa**ot" Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wiccan_sk8er

Dapper Businessman

8,550 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:28 pm
This isn't meant to be hateful or anything to anyone. I just want to know peoples opinions.
A friend brought this up to me, and i want to know what everyone thinks.
Okay, so most african-american people think that only they are allowed to call each other the N word, so do you think that only gay/bi people should be allowed to say the F word?
What are your opinions?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:38 pm
I say f*****t all the time, like but its always the striaght people that tell me that i shouldn't use that word
Meh, I like the word f*****t~  

Bitchy pirate

10,175 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • First step to fame 200

HandsomeStanly

Sparkly Gekko

9,100 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:42 pm
I use the word f** a lot, and I call myself a homo, to me its reclaiming the terms!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:44 pm
I use that word on either twilight crap when people talk about twilight, or at the people who bully my friend at school. The bullies are straight so...guess I probably should use that word though... gay/bi/lez people shouldn't be compared to those pieces of filth.
[sorry, mini rant there.]

Fluffy Tobi

7,700 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Ratz-ItsJC

5,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:48 pm
f*****t sounds harsher. So I only use it when harshly offending  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:56 pm
I only use it when I'm joking around with my really close friends, like if we're saying things like "YOU WHORE" or "STFU f*****t". I know that they know that I'm not saying it to offend them.  

Cirque du Girafes

The Ever-Changing Me

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:22 pm
I agree with Cirque du Girafes. It's something that, at least with me, is kept between close friends in a situation where I know that no one will be offended, if I use at all.
A guy I know used to call me that after I came out to my friends because he intended to upset me, which really bothered me. It took almost half a year to get him to stop that, so maybe I'm a little sensitive to that particular word. I'm sure to most people, it's not too big of a deal.

*apologizes for ranting a bit*  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:41 pm
I think a lot of it depends on the tone used and the person using it. I call myself a f** and joke around with some of my lgbt friends, but it's completely different when someone corners you and angrily calls you a f*****t, ya know? I think there's a way to use it where it's not offensive, but it's really easy to cross that line into inappropriateness.

Double standard, I know.  

TheTinyTauntaun

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Diabolus Nox

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:44 pm
Dont use it at all.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:48 pm
I find it to sound rude. If there's a more 'proper' version of the same word, I tend to use that in sentences. Plus, a f*****t is a bundle of twigs, and a f** is a cigarette, while a homosexual means one thing and one thing alone. xd It just seems more specific to me.  

Kaleidosaur

Hopeful Trash

She Promised You Cookies

Proxy Guildswoman

8,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:00 pm
I barely use the word, but for me, I tend to think of the intentions of the word rather than the word itself. If the word "f*****t" is used to offend, then I dislike that, but if a few friends arejoking around and "f*****t" or "f**" are terms they use, then that's OK. At least from my view point.

I always think it doesn't matter what words a person uses, but what hurts the most is that they intended the word to be offensive.

RoxyChick2003
Plus, a f*****t is a bundle of twigs, and a f** is a cigarette, while a homosexual means one thing and one thing alone. xd

On that note, I once drew a bunch of sticks and drew a happy face on it, and I would go around saying, "This is a gay f*****t." True story.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:19 pm
A bunch of sticks, said sticks being used to fuel the flames to burn homosexuals alive...
I don't like or use this word at all. neutral

Toffee Sock Scissor Betch

wiccan_sk8er

Dapper Businessman

8,550 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:26 pm
She Promised You Cookies
I barely use the word, but for me, I tend to think of the intentions of the word rather than the word itself. If the word "f*****t" is used to offend, then I dislike that, but if a few friends arejoking around and "f*****t" or "f**" are terms they use, then that's OK. At least from my view point.

I always think it doesn't matter what words a person uses, but what hurts the most is that they intended the word to be offensive.

RoxyChick2003
Plus, a f*****t is a bundle of twigs, and a f** is a cigarette, while a homosexual means one thing and one thing alone. xd

On that note, I once drew a bunch of sticks and drew a happy face on it, and I would go around saying, "This is a gay f*****t." True story.

HAHA that's epic =)  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:38 pm
Honestly, African Americans can claim the right to say the 'N' word, but people say it all the time and it's just not right in my opinion. N*gger means an ignorant person, and that's just rude to call someone. No one, INCLUDING AFRICAN AMERICANS, should say the 'N' word.
So on that note, I believe same goes for F**got. No one should say it, it's rude and it subliminally spreads homophobia.

"But people say ******** all of the time, and that's acceptable!"
F - Fornication
U - Unlawful
C - Carnal
K - Knowledge
It's a legal and appropriate acronym for the word RAPE, which is more a curse word than ******** is.

Words are used out of context all the time (e.g - f**got, n*gger, f*ck, a**, etc.) and it gets on my nerves. They're all normal, everyday words, and yet they're used out of context to mean bad things. Not only is it linguistically and grammatically incorrect, but it can be hurtful in some cases.

No one should say f**got, unless they're talking about a bundle of sticks, no one should say f*g unless they're talking about cigarettes. Or at least that's my opinion.  

Vociferous Virtuoso

Hilarious Genius

2,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

FANGwoof

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:39 pm
I only use the word towards other people if I'm really angry. Other than that I don't say it at all but I sometimes joke around and call myself a "flaming f*****t" around my friends at school.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff