Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Demons Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arcane_Ninja24

Fashionable Codger

4,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:08 pm
Ledon Kester
I know a guy named Arcane_Ninja24. A few weeks ago he supposedly made contact with the demon Gamigin.

He might prove to be an interesting person to know for this.

ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:15 pm
Fiennty
C'mon now, demons, really? Why would you want to go around provoking spirits that claim to be demons? There is nothing you're going to gain from summoning or provoking those sorts of spirits unless your a masochist.

Is there a specific purpose for wanting a demon to find you? There is no way in hell you'd be able to control the thing, it'll rip through your life and leave a wake of dread and depression. They like to screw with you, not you with them.

its in trying to control others that we make them our enemies.  

Arcane_Ninja24

Fashionable Codger

4,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150

Arcane_Ninja24

Fashionable Codger

4,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:32 pm
Azuniblood
Okay I have thought about demons and is wondering if there's anyone here that specialize in demons. I have been around many before and is curious about how does a demon find you?

why do you wan't to know how they find people?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:49 pm
My two cents, should any one care?

If you're going to tangle with demons, know who it is you're trying to have a tussle with.

If you think one is trying to find you, put up some nice, tastefully muted shields. Put things in your room that absorb energies, such as salts. If you want to hide, don't touch magical things, don't even think about what might go bump in the night in the dark, for a long time.

I personally thing that just about anything finds you the same way you would look for anything else, like a lost sock. Sure, you could look for it, you could run your hands through your drawers and feel for it, but the best way is usually to do some variation of sniffing it out. Although it might not translate literally into this situation, consider doing things to cut down on your personal auora's 'smell' so to speak.

If you're really worried, put on a disguise. Wear different clothing, breathe a different rhythm, switch your shampoo/body wash/ et cetera. Change your lifestyle a bit, make yourself a little harder to track manually,

Bare in mind, this is just some casual advice-- nothing too researched or intellectual.

Also: in regard to the sigil table-- it looked like something out of Simon's Necronomicon, but I didn't do a side-by-side comparison. Same gist, though. I wouldn't trust much of anything of that nature without knowing the precise source. It could be something useful, though. Hard to say. I'd keep out of it, but I'm not you.

Zurah

Tipsy Phantom

8,175 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Arcane_Ninja24

Fashionable Codger

4,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:05 pm
Zurah
My two cents, should any one care?

If you're going to tangle with demons, know who it is you're trying to have a tussle with.

If you think one is trying to find you, put up some nice, tastefully muted shields. Put things in your room that absorb energies, such as salts. If you want to hide, don't touch magical things, don't even think about what might go bump in the night in the dark, for a long time.

I personally thing that just about anything finds you the same way you would look for anything else, like a lost sock. Sure, you could look for it, you could run your hands through your drawers and feel for it, but the best way is usually to do some variation of sniffing it out. Although it might not translate literally into this situation, consider doing things to cut down on your personal auora's 'smell' so to speak.

If you're really worried, put on a disguise. Wear different clothing, breathe a different rhythm, switch your shampoo/body wash/ et cetera. Change your lifestyle a bit, make yourself a little harder to track manually,

Bare in mind, this is just some casual advice-- nothing too researched or intellectual.

Also: in regard to the sigil table-- it looked like something out of Simon's Necronomicon, but I didn't do a side-by-side comparison. Same gist, though. I wouldn't trust much of anything of that nature without knowing the precise source. It could be something useful, though. Hard to say. I'd keep out of it, but I'm not you.

i agree with this to a point. the part i disagree with is the clothing, breathing, shampoo etc area... demons seldom look for you physically, and seldom look at your physical body. ... biggrin and yes DEFFINATELY beware of the demon one is looking for. for example some demons are stronger then others, and if one is unprepared then that will end badly... depending on the demon...

for example, energy abosorbing things, crystals, crosses, sigils, seals, and such did s**t all against gamigin. i will still remember the day i through a cross at him, and he turned it to ash, and melted the jesus... gave me a good lesson he did that day.

however against weaker demons, they could defend you. for example a simple little psi shield defended me and my friend from a bunch of weird a** mini demon shadow people things for a few days.

number one rule with anything, know what your getting into. in other words look before you leap.

so yea... other then a few small things, i agree with this post.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:21 am
not sure if she knows it or not but Zurah actually does have a point ninja.
Demons normally track there prey by "smelling" there magical energizes or "sniffing out" there aura. We can actually noticeably change out aura and in turn out magical sent by changing out day to day life style.

By changing what we do every day we are more inclined to change the way we think. A magical aura is greatly influenced by out thought patterns. so by doing things in a different way we can change our "smell"

How ever i will admit that both of you are correct when stating that if your going to deal with a demon then you need to know what your dealing with. If its something minor like a shadow or even a wisp then theres nothing you really need to worry about. Mental shields and standard protective equipment like crystals and salt should be more then enough to handle it.
However if you happen to be summoning any thing about earl status then your going to need to be a little more careful. considering that gamigin is a Great Marquis your lucky he didn't melt your eyes out of there sockets.

In my experience there is so far only two things i know of that can handle the raw power of even a prince such as baalzebub(the only demon i have ever made a contract with.) A hunk of quarts crystal around the size of a silver dollar is all the physical protection you should ever need. as the fractures within the crystal can hold insane amounts of energy. and to make the demon stay put the three ringed circle is the best choice. inner circle should be fire middle should be salt and outer should be blood.

I have still not come up with a effective mental defence and so do not recommend any summoning of any kind.  

Adice_Adice

Arcane_Ninja24

Fashionable Codger

4,600 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:09 pm
Adice_Adice
not sure if she knows it or not but Zurah actually does have a point ninja.
Demons normally track there prey by "smelling" there magical energizes or "sniffing out" there aura. We can actually noticeably change out aura and in turn out magical sent by changing out day to day life style.

By changing what we do every day we are more inclined to change the way we think. A magical aura is greatly influenced by out thought patterns. so by doing things in a different way we can change our "smell"

How ever i will admit that both of you are correct when stating that if your going to deal with a demon then you need to know what your dealing with. If its something minor like a shadow or even a wisp then theres nothing you really need to worry about. Mental shields and standard protective equipment like crystals and salt should be more then enough to handle it.
However if you happen to be summoning any thing about earl status then your going to need to be a little more careful. considering that gamigin is a Great Marquis your lucky he didn't melt your eyes out of there sockets.

In my experience there is so far only two things i know of that can handle the raw power of even a prince such as baalzebub(the only demon i have ever made a contract with.) A hunk of quarts crystal around the size of a silver dollar is all the physical protection you should ever need. as the fractures within the crystal can hold insane amounts of energy. and to make the demon stay put the three ringed circle is the best choice. inner circle should be fire middle should be salt and outer should be blood.

I have still not come up with a effective mental defence and so do not recommend any summoning of any kind.

i understand she did have a point. but that would only work against certain demons or at least thats what i have learned from my experiences.

HAHAH! yeah... i suppose i am lucky Gamigin wasn't out to kill me. but he has also explained why several times.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:51 pm
Zurah

I didn't do a comparison with a magnifying glass, but I did have the same idea as you to look at the Simon Necronomicon. I couldn't find any matches in my cursory examination. I also didn't find any matches in the Goetia.

I haven't attempted anything with it as I'm not much of a summoner, but it did spur me to look into the subject more, so perhaps that's the only purpose it was meant to have for me.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:40 am
Obscurus
Zurah

I didn't do a comparison with a magnifying glass, but I did have the same idea as you to look at the Simon Necronomicon. I couldn't find any matches in my cursory examination. I also didn't find any matches in the Goetia.

I haven't attempted anything with it as I'm not much of a summoner, but it did spur me to look into the subject more, so perhaps that's the only purpose it was meant to have for me.

Be careful when you're comparing it with the Goetia - some of the demons are listed with different names in the chart than they have in the actual book. "Decarab" is listed as "Decarabia" in the Goetia, and his lamen is this, which the magician must wear etc etc. You'll notice it's similar to the chart, but the chart is overly simplified. There's a lot of name-buggery going on - Furfur becoming "Furtur", Lucifuge becoming "Lesifuges", and so on.

Another, more convoluted example, is Gamigin. Gamigin is the alternate name of Samigina, who is a Goetic spirit, and he's listed in the index and all the tables in the Goetia under the name "Samigina" - however, the seal in the chart corresponding to Gamigin is actually a simplified version of Glasya-Labolas' seal, another Goetic spirit.

Some of the symbols on the chart probably come from other books in the Greater/Lesser Key of Solomon - the grand summoning circle I'm pretty sure appears in one of them, and it's to summon Lucifer (strangely, since a glyph is actually given for him earlier in the chart).  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:47 am
Demons dont truly have names. They are given names by the humans they attack and after awhile they just get used to the name. However in truth their are only classes. All of which I have faced besides those that some call "Lucifer's Appendages" Those demons are very very dark and powerful spirits that are said to be part of "Lucifer" or the most powerful of the demons himself.

Now some of the most common experience with demons are

Imps: These are michivious demons that usually throw things or move things to freak poeple out.

The second most common are

Evil spirits: Those who have commited great evil crime against nature or its own race. These are usually the ones who talk a bit throw things and attempt to remove poeple from the area it is stuck in.

The next everyone knows about:

Poltergeists: They are dangerous and usually possess humans or other things even animals and use them as a vessel to scare and harm others. They can control an entire house making them very dangerous to demon hunters.

Those are the top three that everyone knows.  

Hiro Korigashine

4,950 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:55 am
Hiro Korigashine
Demons dont truly have names. They are given names by the humans they attack and after awhile they just get used to the name. However in truth their are only classes. All of which I have faced besides those that some call "Lucifer's Appendages" Those demons are very very dark and powerful spirits that are said to be part of "Lucifer" or the most powerful of the demons himself.

Now some of the most common experience with demons are

Imps: These are michivious demons that usually throw things or move things to freak poeple out.

The second most common are

Evil spirits: Those who have commited great evil crime against nature or its own race. These are usually the ones who talk a bit throw things and attempt to remove poeple from the area it is stuck in.

The next everyone knows about:

Poltergeists: They are dangerous and usually possess humans or other things even animals and use them as a vessel to scare and harm others. They can control an entire house making them very dangerous to demon hunters.

Those are the top three that everyone knows.

Normally I'd be okay with you putting forward your theories and opinions, but when you're doing it while putting across a learned air ("the next everyone knows about", "those are the top three that everyone knows", "all of which I have faced") and espousing your theories as though they're facts ("Demons dont truly have names"), when your information is wrong (everything you said about poltergeists - which actually is something I'd expect someone with your attitude to actually get right), then I'm inclined to give you a warning. Suffice it to say, this is your warning - state your opinion and not your opinion as though it's fact, and drop the "hardcore teen demon hunter" pitch or you're out of the guild.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:20 am
First of all I am giving out what I know and stating what I stated because to many times have poeple come up and start exploding in my face about crap. Now I am not a demon hunter as to say I have come to face these things but I did not rid of them or pull the show supernatural. No I have faced them but only in the name of research and stated that this is what I have seen because I just want others to know I am stating my experiences and not just some random bull I pulled from a book.

And most everyone does no about poltergiests or at least heard of the name,. I do not see a problem with putting that their.

Second It is only from what I have experienced and I am sorry if it comes off to you that I have not experienced this and in fact am trying to gain a demon hunter rep. No I am putting my experience down and what I have seen not saying that they are fact but instead putting it down for those who wish to beilive and those who dont.  

Hiro Korigashine

4,950 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:15 pm
Hiro Korigashine
First of all I am giving out what I know and stating what I stated because to many times have poeple come up and start exploding in my face about crap. Now I am not a demon hunter as to say I have come to face these things but I did not rid of them or pull the show supernatural.No I have faced them but only in the name of research and stated that this is what I have seen because I just want others to know I am stating my experiences and not just some random bull I pulled from a book.

You know, another really good form of research is actually reading books and trying to integrate their knowledge with your practices, rather than just reading the book and deciding "I will now use these ideas as though they were all completely true!" - you have to temper what you learn with what you practice. But hey, great! You're really living the dream, then, of practising heavily. However...

Hiro Korigashine
And most everyone does no about poltergiests or at least heard of the name,. I do not see a problem with putting that their.

The problem is that you're using the term entirely incorrectly. Poltergeist phenomena is related to physical events, such as objects moving, raps and knocks on the wall, and so on (in fact, it's closer to how you define imps) - it does not necessitate and does not define anything like possession, and your assertion that it's dangerous makes me want to ask you to provide evidence of this - which I'm sure you'll have plenty of: given that you've apparently have encountered every class of demon in the world, I can't imagine it'd be hard for you to provide some strong evidence of poltergeists controlling an entire house.

Of course, a "poltergeist" is just the nomenclature we've used to describe such an entity, and it's only by consensus that the word has the meaning it's now got, but if you manage to get (what could arguably be called) one of the most accessible and publicly-known occult terms wrong, it doesn't bode well for your case as a hunter of the paranormal or what-have-you.

Hiro Korigashine
Second It is only from what I have experienced and I am sorry if it comes off to you that I have not experienced this and in fact am trying to gain a demon hunter rep. No I am putting my experience down and what I have seen not saying that they are fact but instead putting it down for those who wish to beilive and those who dont.

That's fine. You're allowed to do that. But do bear in mind that when you tell people your opinions as though they're commonly-held facts (which is what you've been doing, even stating that everyone knows "facts" about poltergeists which are actually entirely correct. It smarts of you having run head-first into gaining a purely practical knowledge of something but not having done the research to study what's come before, which puts you at a great disadvantage when you have to discuss it, which is what this guild is all about.

See, the problem with you relying purely on your own experiences here means that you miss out a lot of the research that's already been put in before you. You may have some interesting and valid insights, but if you just ignore what other folk have written on the occult, you're at a disadvantage - it'd be like trying to teach yourself brain surgery through experience alone, without reference to any medical textbooks. Further, you say that you want people to know that you're speaking from your own experience, not picking stuff up from books... which is fine, but for all we know, you're making s**t up and passing it off as real, cultivating the idea that you're constantly off fighting demons when really you're on Gaia roleplaying in Barton Town after school (the latter of which I do, quite a fair bit, and fight demons next to never). We've seen no evidence to suggest you're serious about research - in fact, you've actually said that you don't want people to think you got your information from books. Well, chief, books are really important - it's how generations pass on information, and it's a pivotal part of our research. Universities wouldn't be the same without them, after all - you can't expect everyone to learn from their own experience precisely how the yellow wavelength of light refracts through a 3cm thick emerald-tinted isododecahedron; we'd have no progress.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:04 pm
Mitsh
Obscurus
Zurah

Be careful when you're comparing it with the Goetia - some of the demons are listed with different names in the chart than they have in the actual book. "Decarab" is listed as "Decarabia" in the Goetia, and his lamen is this, which the magician must wear etc etc. You'll notice it's similar to the chart, but the chart is overly simplified. There's a lot of name-buggery going on - Furfur becoming "Furtur", Lucifuge becoming "Lesifuges", and so on.

Another, more convoluted example, is Gamigin. Gamigin is the alternate name of Samigina, who is a Goetic spirit, and he's listed in the index and all the tables in the Goetia under the name "Samigina" - however, the seal in the chart corresponding to Gamigin is actually a simplified version of Glasya-Labolas' seal, another Goetic spirit.

Some of the symbols on the chart probably come from other books in the Greater/Lesser Key of Solomon - the grand summoning circle I'm pretty sure appears in one of them, and it's to summon Lucifer (strangely, since a glyph is actually given for him earlier in the chart).

You've obviously given it a more thorough inspection than I have. Thanks for those things to look out for. It would probably help if I actually read the Keys of Solomon rather than just using the .pdfs as references on occasion. rofl

Summoning is definitely not my area of expertise.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers