Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sushi!

Back to Guilds

Roleplaying, contests, tektek, pictures and more! 

Tags: Sushi, talking hats, crazy sporks, roleplay, sushiness 

Reply Writer's corner and contests
NaNoWriMo Discussion Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you doing NaNoWriMo 2010?
  TOTALLY!!
  Um...what?
  No.
View Results

Consistent Spontaneity
Crew

5,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:07 pm
Aw, thanks for all the encouragement smile I really do appreciate it.

@amac--Sweetness!! Do you have the tribe names decided? Or their habits? It sounds so awesome!!

Dude! I should try that! (Creating a plot before creating characters....or just letting the plot flow.) But my problem when writing is that I'll come across a new character (or where a new character is mentioned) and spend HOURS finding a name for the character. Seriously. Because I'm weird and I like to look up the meaning of the character name for every single person and make it super-significance or symbolic even though I know that I'll eventually smash a bunch of names together to create the name. That, and I never remember the significance of the name afterwards... -.-

@Sabrina--I'm intrigued as to what her adventures are > smile And the significance of this man.... smile

@ePhyllis--Maybe A.E. can have a fighter jet? But hm. Iono.

There's a link to the Mary-Sue litmus test in the links post! I'll just let that be my answer for Mary-Sue related stuff...because....I'm so perplexed about Mary Sues..  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:41 am
Yeah, I have names for all of the tribes (and I've decided on one character from each tribe who the main character will meet). There are seven tribes. Well, I guess I don't have names for the tribes per se, but I've named the regions they live in razz Remind me to show you tomorrow, Silver!  

amac4

4,250 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Consistent Spontaneity
Crew

5,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:33 pm
I will! > smile

Dude! This is random, but what would a NaNoWriMo-related RP look like? That's so weird.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:17 pm
Not a romance that she wants. The man is intressted in her, but not for just romance.  

Your_Last_Wish_For_Death
Vice Captain

4,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Lyrica Pie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:12 pm
@Sabrina--oo, I see..

@Silver--That's weird! What do you mean by a NaNo RP?

@Amac--I want to see too! XD But I guess that's not too possible. In any case, I think your idea sounds really interesting! And I can totally see 50K words sprout from it biggrin

((Also, do either of you know when the Sushi Super Star Contest is starting?))

~Tris  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:25 pm
Ummm I has no idea.
@Silver
A NaNo Rp? How so?  

Your_Last_Wish_For_Death
Vice Captain

4,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Consistent Spontaneity
Crew

5,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:30 pm
I have no idea really, I was just kinda being random and suddenly thought, "Hey what if we had a NaNo RP?" As I didn't understand what I meant, I thought I'd put it out here and maybe someone else could make something out of it razz

No clue about the contest either. We'll have to wait until Jake comes back wink

On that note, Sabrina, have you considered asking Jake to make you Vice Captain? Then you would have the powers of captain and be able to be the captain while he's away.

And on the actual NaNoWriMo note, I think I'm starting to get an idea! biggrin biggrin I'll try to get it fleshed out by this weekend. Somewhat fleshed out at least. I'm going to try to just give it a few bones and integument right now, so that come November I can decorate it and really flesh it out as I go twisted  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:24 pm
About the "NaNo RP"--maybe it would be like a club or something and the writers get sucked into a dimension that contains parts of all their WriMo ideas and have to actually survive their own creations?

That actually sounds like a decent roleplay plot! I...think...

@Silver--WHOOT! Nice job! biggrin

About my own story--I just noticed that the personalities for my character groups have no variety:
(Talkativeness, other trait, battle mindset)

Collin: Loud, obnoxious, recklessly brave
Holly: Quiet, cynical, cowardly
Xue: Quiet, thoughtful, brave
Jay: Quiet, nerdy, cowardly
Nevin: Quiet, shy, scared

Illiya: Talkative, silly, stubborn
Synthia: Somewhat talkative, optimistic, fearless
Yarrow: Quiet, suspicious, support ("damnit")
Margaret: Somewhat quiet, unamused, lost/awkward ("wtf?")
Evangeline: Somewhat quiet, pensive, peaceful until irritated

AGH. My characters are so...similar! sad And the boys don't talk enough. >.< I only have Castele and his friend Jason as constant reference though, and neither of them are very talkative. (Yea...that was a complete excuse >.<)

~Trisana  

Lyrica Pie

ePhyllis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:22 am
@Silver, a NaNo idea? FINALLY
HAHAHA, just kidding smile Congrats, I can't wait to hear about it.

@Lyrica, personally, I think it's impossible to just define your character with a couple of adjectives-- what matters is what they DO, and what they experience, and that's what shapes them, yes? and I'm sure that each of them don't live the exact same lives. It'll come out through your writing, don't worry! XD  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:54 pm
@Lyrica
I agree with Phyllis on this one. I mean you can't get a feel for the person's character if you just describ them. For example, I was described as quiet and conservative in my french class the other day, but i'm really not. Least not around my friends. Do you understand what I mean? Everyone acts diffrent depending who they're around.

@Silver
YAY!!
No I haven't asked him. I think he's moving to North Carolina or somewhere else.  

Your_Last_Wish_For_Death
Vice Captain

4,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Consistent Spontaneity
Crew

5,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:09 pm
@Sabrina--Whoa. That was unexpected (for me at least) o.O

@Lyrica--I agree with Mirelstorm and Sabrina about the personality thing. But I can see why you would get creeped out by similarities (perhaps ones you see but didn't mention) because a lot of my characters are really similar too >.>

Take into consideration what Mirelstorm and Sabrina mentioned. This is my bit of insight: Just because most of the boys are quiet now doesn't mean they can't change. Analyze why each character is the way they are and you'll be able to see those differences that distinguish them.

Or, just because two people are similar doesn't mean they seem similar. Or maybe they're similar in different ways. For example: My "twin" (friend-twin) and I both like science, computers, and art. (just a few examples). We're both hyper. But no one ever associates us as "twins" because:
She likes physics, I like biology. She likes computer engineering and I like video games. She likes drawing by hand and I like digitally illustrating. She's upbeat, and I'm bubbly. We're similar, but in different ways; do I make sense? >.<

So don't worry about your characters. Just peer into them a bit more.

@ePhyllis--What do you mean "FINALLY"? I've had a bunch of ideas...I just keep starting over >.< Lol. I'll try to determine what exactly by this weekend.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:15 pm
Hey, I support promoting Sabrina to vice captain! biggrin

About my story--

You're all right. I'll be sure to think a little more on my characters! Thank you all for your advice and observations! =) THANK YOU! =)
~Tris  

Lyrica Pie

Your_Last_Wish_For_Death
Vice Captain

4,600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:58 pm
@silver
What was unexpected?

@Everyone
It's J.P.s ultimate desition on what he does in the guild, but he may consider it if enough people want or need a vice captin.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:07 pm
@Sabrina--Moving sad

True that. I support having a vice captain wink

@ No one in particular-- Hey! Would a tektek-someone's-NaNoWriMo-character be a good idea? For a contest and for our benefits? I don't know how it'll work, but if anyone wants to fly with that idea, be my guest! wink  

Consistent Spontaneity
Crew

5,350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

ePhyllis

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:20 pm
I'm totally for Sabrina become vice captain; (if Jake approves it) the problem really is when this will happen though... at this rate, guild activity excluding us five is pretty much stagnant.

I guess we could try to generate more guild activity that way. Tektekking a character in particular is a bit complicated, though...

I myself don't want to see my characters represented in a tektek. (I like Gaia avatars, but sometimes they're just not good enough for me)

I've had some new ideas for some of my NaNo characters.
Here I'm comparing two of my worst... evil-sounding characters so far, Zetes and Jule. Jule's profile I've already posted. Zetes is supposed to be another mass murderer who's a cannibal.

Would it be inconsistent if I mixed in a little bit of mythology in this story I claimed to have written as scifi? I was read from a certain fighting roleplaying forum in character profiles that one character was a Wendigo. Upon looking it up on Wiki I found that it was a creature that could evolve from cannibalistic humans. So I was thinking that Zetes could have a tie to this. It’d be kind of interesting smile He doesn’t have to BE a Wendigo; I just think it’d be cool if I mentioned it in there.

If that doesn't work, I could always use this: Wendigo psychosis is a culture-bound disorder which involves an intense craving for human flesh and the fear that one will turn into a cannibal.
(that is actually a real disorder, apparently...)

and,

Jule is supposed to degenerate into a mindless killer- i.e. her transformations get out of wack, become more bestial than human, and other stuff. (in doing this, does limiting her powers to just being able to transform into other humans begin with seem pointless?) Zetes is supposed to already far gone into... insanity or some other “beyond saving” point; consequently, he goes around telling people he’s not human, but a Wendigo. Or something like that. Unlike Jule, he truly is--(happy with his situation? truly a monster?)? Something like that? Would that make a good contrast?

I realized that people who haven't read other stuff I've written about Jule wouldn't get what I meant by Jule not really being happy with her situation. Between Jule and Zetes, Jule is the one who is always full of doubt (because of her lost memory), even as she kills.  
Writer's corner and contests

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff