Welcome to Gaia! ::

Adults Gaia Anonymous

Back to Guilds

A guild for adult gaians 20 or older. 

Tags: Adult, Mature, friendly, 20 and older, older 

Reply Adults Gaia Anonymous
A.G.A. Chatter Box Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:50 pm
Inedible_Animals
It does look good! ^-^
I didn't know you were anti phone! Whaaa?
*stunned with confusion*

I've hated phones since I was little. There is just something so disturbing to me about a barely legible, disembodied voice that I can't read the lips of to glean the phonemes. When they switched from analog signals to digital signals, it got massively worse because the frequencies digital drops were the ones that I needed to discern voiced/unvoiced sounds (v from f, t from d, p from b). People get immensely angry at me for not being able to use a phone and that makes me hate them more — it's not just phone anxiety, it's that these things are borderline unusable for me and it drives home that so many people have this whole ableist mentality of disparaging those who can't use some arbitrary awful the society felt was so damned great.

Then with the advent of smartphones, technology and media started taking a massive nose dive in quality across the board, adding insult to injury.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:35 pm
I came across a bicycle tour plan today for the Finnish Archipelago (which if you don't know what that is, look it up, it's like someone used a spatter brush on a map, it's ridiculous) and about 90% of it was ferries.

I don't think that that is a bicycle tour at that point.

To be a bicycle tour, you probably have to spend more than half the time bicycling.

This is a ferry tour interrupted by bicycle paths.  

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

Inedible_Animals

Ghostly Animal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:14 pm
Exxos
Inedible_Animals
It does look good! ^-^
I didn't know you were anti phone! Whaaa?
*stunned with confusion*

I've hated phones since I was little. There is just something so disturbing to me about a barely legible, disembodied voice that I can't read the lips of to glean the phonemes. When they switched from analog signals to digital signals, it got massively worse because the frequencies digital drops were the ones that I needed to discern voiced/unvoiced sounds (v from f, t from d, p from b). People get immensely angry at me for not being able to use a phone and that makes me hate them more — it's not just phone anxiety, it's that these things are borderline unusable for me and it drives home that so many people have this whole ableist mentality of disparaging those who can't use some arbitrary awful the society felt was so damned great.

Then with the advent of smartphones, technology and media started taking a massive nose dive in quality across the board, adding insult to injury.

Interesting info. I feel me in your shoes would try hard to be better then them at said thing out of spite, however I do respect your option.

Would you benefit from a tablet then? Video calls being a thing they can do and bigger text screen area.

I do feel we are starting to shift tech towards accessibility, but the shift is slooow.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:01 am
Inedible_Animals
Interesting info. I feel me in your shoes would try hard to be better then them at said thing out of spite, however I do respect your option.

I am better at a great deal of things out of spite. Many of them traumatize me and make my life worse. But the phones, that's so into the realm of HoH disability on top of it all that, like driving, is just off the table. The benefits are so massively outweighed by the difficulty as to be pointless.

Sorry for ranting too. It's just a thing that really grinds my gears on top of an extremely stressful, abuse-filled day. I should have been much more concise and less heated with my words.

Inedible_Animals
Would you benefit from a tablet then? Video calls being a thing they can do and bigger text screen area.

On and off, it works somewhat for laptop and tablet. I still have the hearing problems, but seeing the person helps. It's not really safe here to talk to anyone, so it does not get much use — usually I just video call on the laptop with the better two thirds from somewhere outside the house. I do best with text. I process it better than anything else.

Inedible_Animals
I do feel we are starting to shift tech towards accessibility, but the shift is slooow.

Massively slow.

And for every two good accessibility features, there is this asinine pushback by people mocking and ridiculing one of them sometimes to the point they remove the feature. It happens more and more in gaming I notice. People with some sort of gate-keeping-like derangement gnash their teeth and flip out at some accessibility feature because it is "for noobs" or "cheating" or "not for "real" gamers" or something. And it's like maybe somebody would love to play dark souls but they need pastel colors to see due to a type of vision condition or the ability to route a command that, while might be a borderline cheat on a PS2 style controller, allows for an inhale/exhale combo on a breath tube. Or not even in gaming, just the other day I saw people mocking the hell out of a brace with an actuator in it as being "lazy" and calling for such things to be done away with — it was people who had severe neurological and muscle damage in their forearms so they could retain basic arm function with the stabilization and strength of the actuator, basically a robotic prosthesis as an exoskeletal shell for the arm.

So instead of these features just being slow to come, there are times when people are openly fighting against it, slowing it down even more.  

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

Inedible_Animals

Ghostly Animal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:57 pm
Exxos
Inedible_Animals

I am better at a great deal of things out of spite. Many of them traumatize me and make my life worse. But the phones, that's so into the realm of HoH disability on top of it all that, like driving, is just off the table. The benefits are so massively outweighed by the difficulty as to be pointless.

Sorry for ranting too. It's just a thing that really grinds my gears on top of an extremely stressful, abuse-filled day. I should have been much more concise and less heated with my words.

Inedible_Animals

On and off, it works somewhat for laptop and tablet. I still have the hearing problems, but seeing the person helps. It's not really safe here to talk to anyone, so it does not get much use — usually I just video call on the laptop with the better two thirds from somewhere outside the house. I do best with text. I process it better than anything else.

Inedible_Animals

Massively slow.

And for every two good accessibility features, there is this asinine pushback by people mocking and ridiculing one of them sometimes to the point they remove the feature. It happens more and more in gaming I notice. People with some sort of gate-keeping-like derangement gnash their teeth and flip out at some accessibility feature because it is "for noobs" or "cheating" or "not for "real" gamers" or something. And it's like maybe somebody would love to play dark souls but they need pastel colors to see due to a type of vision condition or the ability to route a command that, while might be a borderline cheat on a PS2 style controller, allows for an inhale/exhale combo on a breath tube. Or not even in gaming, just the other day I saw people mocking the hell out of a brace with an actuator in it as being "lazy" and calling for such things to be done away with — it was people who had severe neurological and muscle damage in their forearms so they could retain basic arm function with the stabilization and strength of the actuator, basically a robotic prosthesis as an exoskeletal shell for the arm.

So instead of these features just being slow to come, there are times when people are openly fighting against it, slowing it down even more.

Your perspective on things never falls to expand my views of things. I could never thought of a reason why someone wouldn't want a phone until now. ^-^
Always feel free to rant! ^-^
And as always may all of said person's bacon burn! o.o

Hopefully you'll one day be in a safe space! o.o

Ugh! yeah, the gamers tm really frustrate me. "No easy modes, no aim assist, no accessibility" don't get me wrong, I hate aim assist, but only when I can't turn it off. Goodness nothing drives me crazier in apex then when my gun chases some random enemy that passes in front of me. @_@
But, it's a needed feature for some, and so are easy modes. The last of us two actually had some remarkable and ground breaking accessibility. Miles morales game comes close as well. ^-^

Ugh, people frustrate me they often can't seem to see the bigger picture outside of themselves...  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:51 pm
Inedible_Animals

One day. Every day is a day closer.  

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

Inedible_Animals

Ghostly Animal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:05 pm
Exxos
Inedible_Animals

One day. Every day is a day closer.

Everyday Pop back in here your avi looks slightly more unhinged. lol
Also, Gaia is getting extra cash grabby. I'm trying to decide on a final outfit incase it's the final days. o.o  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:36 am
Inedible_Animals
Everyday Pop back in here your avi looks slightly more unhinged. lol

Yeah, it's a theme. I have been adding one detail every 12 hours or so as a representation of the holiday season.

I was hoping we'd have more active guildies because I figured it would be very fitting to get everyone to don a "Christmas at Ground Zero" ensemble for a 2020 commemorative picture.

Inedible_Animals
Also, Gaia is getting extra cash grabby. I'm trying to decide on a final outfit incase it's the final days. o.o

Yeah... I am not sure if it is the holiday cash grabby or an extra level on the usual cash grabby. I always just assume if it's between November 15th and January 7th, it's probably just end of year holiday grabbing everything they can. If this level of grabby happened on some idle Tuesday in March, I'd read more dread into it.  

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

Lilygwen
Crew

Aged Explorer

7,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:06 am
Wooo, we've entered into the time of the year where the sun gets barely above treeline after 10am and it starts to slope down after 2pm. stressed

More coffee it is then!

Sooo, how's everyone doing? Was the black friday chaos massive this year in the US? In here people seemed to forget about the pandemic and all when getting free buckets... rolleyes  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:01 pm
Lilygwen
Wooo, we've entered into the time of the year where the sun gets barely above treeline after 10am and it starts to slope down after 2pm. stressed

Sounds great to me. Sunlight and me don't mix well.

Lilygwen
More coffee it is then!

Indeed! yum_tea yum_donut

Lilygwen
Sooo, how's everyone doing?

Loosely defined as alive by most medical standards if you squint just right. cat_blaugh

Today's big gripe: Facebook's new version basically has me gone from there, I can't access any version anymore. Though it is even on new browsers on the laptop, so maybe it is just garbage. Seriously, I have no idea why they do these things, it's not faster or better, it's just shoehorning crap — any website should be accessible on a web browser from 2000, if it needs more, you're putting something in your site that is garbage code.

Lilygwen
Was the black friday chaos massive this year in the US? In here people seemed to forget about the pandemic and all when getting free buckets... rolleyes

I have no idea. I have barely left the house since September 2019 because the world went insane. The closest thing to black friday chaos I know is that my father decided hitting me with a torque wrench on Saturday morning while screaming about black friday (which he believes did not exist before BLM was a thing) was the best response to my mother wanting to order something online today (the much idiotic "cyber monday").  

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

Lilygwen
Crew

Aged Explorer

7,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:25 pm
Exxos

Loosely defined as alive by most medical standards if you squint just right. cat_blaugh

Today's big gripe: Facebook's new version basically has me gone from there, I can't access any version anymore. Though it is even on new browsers on the laptop, so maybe it is just garbage. Seriously, I have no idea why they do these things, it's not faster or better, it's just shoehorning crap — any website should be accessible on a web browser from 2000, if it needs more, you're putting something in your site that is garbage code.

I havent used FB on my computer for ages. I visited it recently and it was terrible! I mostly use it via browser on my mobile. I looks half decent, though my feed is mostly filled with ads these days instead of any content from my friends. stare I think FB is on it's last strech at the moment and as long as us "oldies" stay on it, it'll stay alive, but it's losing the battle heavily with the kids and younger folk. Gah, I feel old saying this. xp  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:03 am
Lilygwen
Exxos

I havent used FB on my computer for ages. I visited it recently and it was terrible! I mostly use it via browser on my mobile. I looks half decent, though my feed is mostly filled with ads these days instead of any content from my friends. stare I think FB is on it's last strech at the moment and as long as us "oldies" stay on it, it'll stay alive, but it's losing the battle heavily with the kids and younger folk. Gah, I feel old saying this. xp

My reasons for being on facebook were to stay in touch with guildies and to see pictures of my niblings.

Also, niblings needs to be a more commonly used term. It's an American English gender neutral term for nieces and nephews.

But yeah, if they are going to make it impossible to use, it can burn.  

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

Lilygwen
Crew

Aged Explorer

7,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:17 am
Exxos

My reasons for being on facebook were to stay in touch with guildies and to see pictures of my niblings.

Also, niblings needs to be a more commonly used term. It's an American English gender neutral term for nieces and nephews.

But yeah, if they are going to make it impossible to use, it can burn.

I also use FB mostly for staying in touch with relatives and distant friends. Also there are some local events in the FB that I would miss otherwise.

Niblings is a good term. In here we don't have separate word for it (which is unusual for us Finns) but we call them eg. brothers son or just brothers kid etc. xd

Words are interesting and I'm glad that we have so few gender specific words in here. Now that I have a kid of my own, and she is very curious about everything, it's been interesting to explain all kinds of words to her what they mean. Also, I've started to wonder why on earth do we have so many words on same things in here! xd But then again, since it's snow season again, I do get it because you do need all the different words for example snow in order to describe it correctly. xp  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:27 am
Lilygwen
But then again, since it's snow season again, I do get it because you do need all the different words for example snow in order to describe it correctly. xp

Yeah, you need to discern between snow that is harmless, a nuisance, or dangerous and how they relate to each other. Snow that builds a transparent layer on the windshield that air-gaps and suddenly is opaque. Snow that is safe to walk on. Snow that compression freezes, trapping feet. So on and so forth. When describing snow is hammered into a people for a thousand years to avoid little Taavi becoming a Finncicle. you end up with a huge list of words.  

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

Inedible_Animals

Ghostly Animal

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:13 am
Hey off brand CB, Cyberpunk comes out next week(hopefully) *confetti*

Also! I reach level 30 this month, gotta figure out where I wanna invest my shiny new skill points! ^-^

Erm, that's it really... Pretty boring stuff going on here outside of that o.o  
Adults Gaia Anonymous

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff