Welcome to Gaia! ::

Adults Gaia Anonymous

Back to Guilds

A guild for adult gaians 20 or older. 

Tags: Adult, Mature, friendly, 20 and older, older 

Reply Adults Gaia Anonymous
A.G.A. Chatter Box Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 ... 1775 1776 1777 1778 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sammirah
Vice Captain

Shirtless Prophet

10,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:02 am
Exxos
Sammirah
Exxos
I am starting to think that any gaian who has been a member longer than 5 years and is active every day of the week of a RIG unveiling, should get one free RIG.

The catch would be that the RIG itself would be soulbound permanently and the item within would be soulbound for 6 months after the unveiling date.

I think it would go a long way towards maybe repairing the gaia economy by creating an artificial offset period that would, in turn, allow for the usual practices/purchasing we know, but collapse part of the post market that creates essentially unattainably-priced items that are just relisted by the same people over and over and rising prices, but never selling.

That's a cool idea, actually. I feel like the 6 month soulbound period would prevent people (ie. those with multiple accounts older than five years, like myself) from taking advantage of it, as well. Do you think newer users would complain though?

They would, mostly because the complain about everything, heh. But they would get their shot in 5 years of membership too. The idea with 5 years is not just a site loyalty aspect, but that that should be just enough time to match the growth of the site. That way, the proportion of offset stays fairly even and you don't get a flood that would break the economy in the other direction and cause a shock deflation.

And because long term members are just as likely to keep items as sell them months down the road, it would make speculating almost impossibly complicated, so I think that it would do next to nothing to gaia's bottom line aside from a small increase in income from the prices being nuanced into the purchasable range more readily – i.e.; when that 10,000,000 gold item that's gone unsold for two years is brought down to an attainable 2,000,000, people are more likely to buy cash to get gold to get that item.

Some kind of site loyalty benefit would be great, I mean aside from those key things we got awhile back. What were those even for? Weren't they an alchemy thing?

Instead Gaia seems to more want to reward users who buy more cash. :S  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:05 am
humble_gypsy_traveller
Exxos
So what does everyone think of this event? 10k for a crappy hat and maybe another prize later worth it?

I don't get it...what's all the donating for? I mean, they have Club Verge, ,they get oh, I don't know how much gaia cash purchases per month...I mean...in marketing means...Gaia staff are just going about it all wrong! Personally, I haven't bothered with the past few holiday events b/c it's been about gaia users giving more then they've already been giving in purchases. Is Gaiaonline that lagging in interest that they have to stoop to "begging" events?

Well, the admins obviously don't need gold, since they basically can just create it. I thought this was another gold sink, to try and curb inflation. But I also thought it was generally accepted that gold sinks don't work. sweatdrop  

Sammirah
Vice Captain

Shirtless Prophet

10,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

humble_gypsy_traveller

Business Sex Symbol

9,250 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:08 am
Sammirah
humble_gypsy_traveller
Exxos
So what does everyone think of this event? 10k for a crappy hat and maybe another prize later worth it?

I don't get it...what's all the donating for? I mean, they have Club Verge, ,they get oh, I don't know how much gaia cash purchases per month...I mean...in marketing means...Gaia staff are just going about it all wrong! Personally, I haven't bothered with the past few holiday events b/c it's been about gaia users giving more then they've already been giving in purchases. Is Gaiaonline that lagging in interest that they have to stoop to "begging" events?

Well, the admins obviously don't need gold, since they basically can just create it. I thought this was another gold sink, to try and curb inflation. But I also thought it was generally accepted that gold sinks don't work. sweatdrop

That's what's got me scratching my head as well. I mean...yeah...they don't need the gold...so maybe yeah...maybe they're trying to even the scales?
Could it be because some stupid people are trying to make millions on 4 or 5 pose items? I was doing some shopping for upcoming contest ideas...and you WoULDN'T believe (or maybe you would) how rediculously high priced some of the new rig items are! I bought a few background items that are like 300k a piece!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:09 pm
humble_gypsy_traveller
Exxos

I think the idea with gold-sink events is to pull gold out of the economy because they think it will lower prices and get the economy functional again. That the more goes in, the less things cost, and the more people get involved.

Or, in other words, yes, they are begging retards.  

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:12 pm
Sammirah
Some kind of site loyalty benefit would be great, I mean aside from those key things we got awhile back. What were those even for? Weren't they an alchemy thing?

Instead Gaia seems to more want to reward users who buy more cash. :S

And that is where my idea holds up, because it allows gaia to reward cash purchasers AND loyalty. Then it goes on to force prices into a reasonable range after the glow has faded and thus keeps members more likely to stay around – when a big part of gaia is dressing up your avatar, discouraging and frustrating people out of the market is detrimental.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:14 pm
humble_gypsy_traveller
Sammirah
humble_gypsy_traveller
Exxos

That's what's got me scratching my head as well. I mean...yeah...they don't need the gold...so maybe yeah...maybe they're trying to even the scales?
Could it be because some stupid people are trying to make millions on 4 or 5 pose items? I was doing some shopping for upcoming contest ideas...and you WoULDN'T believe (or maybe you would) how rediculously high priced some of the new rig items are! I bought a few background items that are like 300k a piece!

Yeah, and what Exxos said. They're trying to pull gold out of the economy, because by participating in these "gold sinks" we're basically deleting our gold. I guess it kind of makes sense, but all I ever hear from other users is that gold sinks never seem to have the desired effect. Or at least, not enough of one.  

Sammirah
Vice Captain

Shirtless Prophet

10,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

humble_gypsy_traveller

Business Sex Symbol

9,250 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:31 am
Sammirah
humble_gypsy_traveller
Sammirah
humble_gypsy_traveller
Exxos

Yeah, and what Exxos said. They're trying to pull gold out of the economy, because by participating in these "gold sinks" we're basically deleting our gold. I guess it kind of makes sense, but all I ever hear from other users is that gold sinks never seem to have the desired effect. Or at least, not enough of one.

I was reading Exxos' idea of having items soulbound for a couple of months...that would be great...and maybe along the lines of that...event items would get soulbound, or given the option to donate or trash them.

I couldn't believe how high priced some of the past event items are!

Thing is...if the event items you get were pretty nice...I wouldn't mind gold sink events to bring down inflation. However...are you REALLY confident that gold sink events would curb inflation? Or would the chance of scoring a not so rare item curb inflation? See, aside from EI's, CI's, animated items and the like, I wouldn't mind re-selling outfits with cheap items just as cheap, or close to the original price of the items as an outfit.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:55 pm
Gold sinks are simply attacking a problem from the wrong side. The only expedient ways to push the economy into functioning again would be massively unpopular at first, but in the end make things better for everyone – gaia, the membership, and the rich elite. They can and do work, just not in the economy that gaia has managed to allow to happen. If we went back about 7 years ago and made the sinks smaller and more focused, they could easily modulate a +/- 15% to the economy. Now, all it does is pull gold out of the system, nothing else. No impact on the economic problems whatsoever.

I can't blame gaia for it, they think in very short term periods. They have for the last 3 years operated on a getting as much money as they can because we might shut down this month and don't plan beyond the quarter because it might go unused. Online economies are fickle and stupid, so it causes online companies to lead a precarious "take a dime now instead of the dollar later" mentality because there often is not a later.

But that also says how little gaia understands and respects their users. They put us through so much BS and we're still here. Yeah, if they did the right thing, they would lose 10% of the users, but probably get 15% new users in the process because people would not be so easily discouraged.

Right now, gaia is on the precipice of falling into the "coiner trap" where an online game or venue puts so much of its resources into retaining and milking its existing cash payers that new users drop steadily to nil and then eventually even old, loyal users get so frustrated with their needs not being met and vast areas of the site that do not meet heavy cash support wither into oblivion.  

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

MistyMary24

Astral Mage

21,825 Points
  • Alien Invasion 50
  • Astral Veteran 100
  • Dragon Uprising 75
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:59 pm
Sent out invites to several guilds, including this one to join in and take a front row seat at the Halloween Ball I am throwing and have heard back only from 3 of 10 guilds mates. 2 which are joining and holding a spot and have their contest there and guild information and 1 that can not attend due to sickness....

I am still waiting to hear back from this guild if they are going to attend the 2 week Halloween Ball I am hosting that starts on the 20th.... and runs through the 3rd of November...  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:43 pm
i just get so tired of spending my money on the rigs and getting junk from them. someone please tell me why i keep getting sucked into those things.  

Teeshann

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:10 pm
Teeshann
i just get so tired of spending my money on the rigs and getting junk from them. someone please tell me why i keep getting sucked into those things.

Because they put just enough good items in to lure you.

Though this current RIG, I did not want a single item from. The last two I only wanted a couple. Yet earlier ones I wanted almost all. Gaia seems to be slipping a bit and that might end up costing them too – I mean if there is only a 1:30 chance of getting something I want, why would I risk it?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:01 am
MistyMary24
Sent out invites to several guilds, including this one to join in and take a front row seat at the Halloween Ball I am throwing and have heard back only from 3 of 10 guilds mates. 2 which are joining and holding a spot and have their contest there and guild information and 1 that can not attend due to sickness....

I am still waiting to hear back from this guild if they are going to attend the 2 week Halloween Ball I am hosting that starts on the 20th.... and runs through the 3rd of November...

Hey Misty, this is the first I've heard of this. Allow me to investigate/ask the captain... 3nodding  

Sammirah
Vice Captain

Shirtless Prophet

10,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sammirah
Vice Captain

Shirtless Prophet

10,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:02 am
Teeshann

I don't know... but holy snap your avi is cute today!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:05 am
MistyMary24

gaia_nitemareleft

Sorry, I just read your PM. I can say for my self, that I don't have time to host any extra activities in other threads but I've thrown a question to the rest of the crew if they are interested. Of course other regular members are also welcomed to do this if they have the energy. whee

On another subjects, gosh it's getting chilly in here. The weather forecasts say that we might get snow soon! It already have snowed up in the north but we might get our first snow here in the south as well in the near weeks. Can't wait, though this fall has been exceptionally colourfull and sunny this year so there's no hurry to get the snow in. smile

gaia_angelright

Lilygwen
Crew

Aged Explorer

7,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Teeshann

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:58 pm
Sammirah
Teeshann

I don't know... but holy snap your avi is cute today!

lol thanks  
Adults Gaia Anonymous

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 ... 1775 1776 1777 1778 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games