Welcome to Gaia! ::

Adults Gaia Anonymous

Back to Guilds

A guild for adult gaians 20 or older. 

Tags: Adult, Mature, friendly, 20 and older, older 

Reply Adults Gaia Anonymous
A.G.A. Chatter Box Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 ... 1775 1776 1777 1778 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

humble_gypsy_traveller

Business Sex Symbol

9,250 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 1:48 pm
FieryLavaElf
*looks at Louies Cobalt Jacket* Now things get really out of hand...

Wow...some people can be really greedy...or delusional.  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 4:00 pm
humble_gypsy_traveller
FieryLavaElf

Yikes! I'm going with both delusional and greedy. 4laugh  

Camwen

Distinct Dabbler

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:59 pm
Camwen
humble_gypsy_traveller
FieryLavaElf

I think that if an item is available in a gold shop and a seller in the marketplace tries to sell it for anything over two times that price, they should be permanently banned from gaia.

My reasoning is that they are either horribly awful or they are (or are using) a price leveraging bot.

This would also make removing those bots easy for gaia, since they could make a fake account, list an item for a ton more, and when the bots list for more than that, BAM! Off the site they go.

Though also I feel that gold shop items should be limited to a tiny percentage over their full store price in the marketplace, so the max you can make is the store price after the 2% tax is levied.

I also think that RIGs CIs, EIs, et cetera should have a stepped maximum selling price so they don't reach full, unlimited pricing for one year after to release. That would smack the gaian economy down and get it closer to functional again as it would separate the patient investors from the impulsives and knock out a big disturbance in the system. Basically putting a limit on how fast the market can inflate and deflate.  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:25 am
Exxos
Camwen
humble_gypsy_traveller
FieryLavaElf

I think that if an item is available in a gold shop and a seller in the marketplace tries to sell it for anything over two times that price, they should be permanently banned from gaia.

My reasoning is that they are either horribly awful or they are (or are using) a price leveraging bot.

This would also make removing those bots easy for gaia, since they could make a fake account, list an item for a ton more, and when the bots list for more than that, BAM! Off the site they go.

Though also I feel that gold shop items should be limited to a tiny percentage over their full store price in the marketplace, so the max you can make is the store price after the 2% tax is levied.

I also think that RIGs CIs, EIs, et cetera should have a stepped maximum selling price so they don't reach full, unlimited pricing for one year after to release. That would smack the gaian economy down and get it closer to functional again as it would separate the patient investors from the impulsives and knock out a big disturbance in the system. Basically putting a limit on how fast the market can inflate and deflate.

Well at least when you are about to purchase a gold shop item it gives you the store price so you can compare. If someone is the least amount observant, they will notice a huge price discrepancy and go to the gold shop instead.

In the case of H&R Wesley, we don't know if the shop will ever be restored so people are being extra greedy and opportunistic.

I agree that the prices for the RIGs CI, etc... get completely ridiculous. For the majority of Gaian's the upper prices items will always be near impossible to get. (or so expensive that it's simply not worth it for one item)  

Camwen

Distinct Dabbler

Teeshann

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 9:30 pm
hello. well i went in to the dr last monday and my blood pressure was through the roof and my liver was having issues. so i had to have a c section to deliver the baby. she was 5 lbs 15 oz. she's so tiny. we are lucky and she was breathing on her own and doing well with eating so she was able to come home with me. but we just barely got home. i'm on the mend. still having troubles with my blood pressure so have to watch that. she's lost some weight and i'm having troubles getting her to breastfeed. she ended up jaundice. she had to spend her hospital stay in the nicu.

so i'll still be mia while i mend. uncomfortable to sit in the computer chair for long. plus i'm trying to sleep when i can. hope you are all doing well and i will be back soon.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:13 am
Teeshann
hello. well i went in to the dr last monday and my blood pressure was through the roof and my liver was having issues. so i had to have a c section to deliver the baby. she was 5 lbs 15 oz. she's so tiny. we are lucky and she was breathing on her own and doing well with eating so she was able to come home with me. but we just barely got home. i'm on the mend. still having troubles with my blood pressure so have to watch that. she's lost some weight and i'm having troubles getting her to breastfeed. she ended up jaundice. she had to spend her hospital stay in the nicu.

so i'll still be mia while i mend. uncomfortable to sit in the computer chair for long. plus i'm trying to sleep when i can. hope you are all doing well and i will be back soon.

I hope you and your new little one continue to be on the mend. It's good to hear from you and know things are ok. Sounds like you had it pretty rough for a bit. Keep us updated!
((((((hugs)))))  

Camwen

Distinct Dabbler

Lilygwen
Crew

Aged Explorer

7,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 8:39 am
Teeshann

gaia_nitemareleft

Best of luck with the little one and hope you'll start getting better now. *hugs*

gaia_angelright

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:16 am
Exxos
Camwen
humble_gypsy_traveller
FieryLavaElf

But how likely are they able to pick up on a bot? I mean...I have numerous accounts...given I use most of them for investing in items and only sell at reasonable prices.  

humble_gypsy_traveller

Business Sex Symbol

9,250 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:49 am
humble_gypsy_traveller
Exxos
Camwen
humble_gypsy_traveller
FieryLavaElf

But how likely are they able to pick up on a bot? I mean...I have numerous accounts...given I use most of them for investing in items and only sell at reasonable prices.

Pretty easily since you'd be posting a reasonable price, not a price calculated by a computation within seconds of the post – i.e.; 110% of the last auction or the last plus 9,999 gold. You also don't cancel your auctions repeatedly within the 5-minute window to nudge it up by said calculation. I think that despite the ease to throttle them, these bots are not chased off because they distort the economy in such a way as to encourage cash purchases to try to afford items and that the people using those bots are some of the higher cash paying members.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:30 pm
Teeshann

Congratulations, Teeshann! Happy to hear little one is alright, and you too! Take care of yourself and baby. smile  

Sammirah
Vice Captain

Shirtless Prophet

10,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

FieryLavaElf

Cluttered Gaian

19,600 Points
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:29 am
Teeshann

Congratulations, Teeshan on your bundle of joy. Sorry to hear that you stumbled an obstacle. I hope you recover soon so you can spend your time on your little one.  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:34 am
Exxos
humble_gypsy_traveller
Exxos
Camwen
humble_gypsy_traveller
FieryLavaElf

Pretty easily since you'd be posting a reasonable price, not a price calculated by a computation within seconds of the post – i.e.; 110% of the last auction or the last plus 9,999 gold. You also don't cancel your auctions repeatedly within the 5-minute window to nudge it up by said calculation. I think that despite the ease to throttle them, these bots are not chased off because they distort the economy in such a way as to encourage cash purchases to try to afford items and that the people using those bots are some of the higher cash paying members.

I hope it's the first reason and not the bot because the higher the amount... the harder to sell even if it's bought from a burnt down store.

Edit: Oops... stuck my comment between Exxos' quote. sweatdrop  

FieryLavaElf

Cluttered Gaian

19,600 Points
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Conventioneer 300

Sammirah
Vice Captain

Shirtless Prophet

10,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:18 am
Camwen
humble_gypsy_traveller
FieryLavaElf

I'm going with bored and/or confused, myself.  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:11 am
I think I'm gonna join Weight Watchers. I'm sick of gaining weight and I have no idea how to lose it. sweatdrop  

Sammirah
Vice Captain

Shirtless Prophet

10,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Adults Gaia Anonymous

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 ... 1775 1776 1777 1778 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games