Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
One little genet sitting in a tree... (Mychasi, Viverri) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:01 am
User ImageThe sun had set some time ago, leaving the savannah dark and the air filled with the familiar sounds of night. Cradled in the branches of a solitary tree, a genet was waking up after a long nap, preparing to spend another day in her tree. It wasn't a fantastic tree, but since it had saved her life it would do for a territory until she recovered.

Viverri's leg was starting to feel much better, even if it was still sore after her too close encounter with a lioness. She had spent several days and nights in the tree, not willing to run the risk of meeting something quick-pawed and unpleasant when she climbed down. However, food was starting to be scarce, and she was itching to move on. She had emptied a birds nest she had found, but in her injured state she had been unable to ambush the returning bird. A variety of bugs and one unlucky lizard had made sure she wasn't starving at least. Only bored.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:20 pm
User Image

Mychasi had found a nice tree to lay under. He didn't notice it was being occupied by someone else. Though, he wouldn't have cared anyways. The part he wanted was under the tree, not in it. Tree's never held his weight good. Seeing how he wasn't exactly small, and his wings always got in the way. Branches could easily tear his wings if he wasn't careful. Then again, it wouldn't do much anyways. He hardly flew as it was. He flicked his non-lion like tail as he moved to the tree. His wings were out, but lazily lifted on his back. It was one of the more comfortable ways to have his wings. At his side, they tended to ache for movement.

It was annoying to have wings. They ached when you hadn't flown for a while unless they were how he had them. He wasn't big on flying. Then again, he wasn't big on many things. He was the type that saw a cub half empty. He frowned as he finally got to the tree. It looked decent enough to lay under. Still not noticing the creature in it.

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:20 am
Viverri noticed the big cat approaching with some trepidation. This was a VERY big cat, and she wasn't sure if the strange animal was a lion or one big freak of a leopard. She just hoped it didn't climb. She couldn't make sense of the light coloured mass on its back, but big cats liked to adorn themselves with all kinds of strange things so maybe it was just some kind of decoration. She ran the length of the branch she was sitting on, and then all the way back, in order to get a better look.

So it was big, but the cat couldn't reach her where she sat, and if it was big it would be too heavy to follow her if she fled to the higher branches. No danger unless she climbed down, and why would she do that? She could just keep her mouth shut and wait for it to leave... But Viverri was much too curious to leave it at that.

"Big cat," she called hesitantly, "No lion?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:56 am
Mychasi wasn't that big. He was actually pretty small for a lion. Seeing as the fact he wasn't adult size, but more adolescent size. His wings were the only things that'd make him look any bigger. Of course, that wasn't a problem for him. He didn't care about his size, or the size of others. He yawned when he finally reached the tree. The night was lovely. Stars sparkling in the night. He couldn't imagine how it was during the day. Well, more for the fact that he couldn't see in it. The sun was too bright for his eyes.

After a moment, he heard something. He looked up, to his surprise to something asking him a question. "I'm a lion" Was what he replied. Sure he wasn't like a normal lion. His tail was odd, now he noticed, and he had wings. But surely this creature knew what a god was when it saw one. He was relieved to see it was a creature of the night. He felt he was always more connected to those who loved the night as much as he. Well, duh, he was the god of nocturnal creatures after all.

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:46 pm
Viverri climbed to a lower branch and peered down, trying to get a better look. She still hadn't figured out what the things on the lions back were, and she was intrigued with the long braid of hair it had instead of a mane like most he-lions she had seen. It smelled sort of like a male, but there was something else to the smell too. Male-ish lion and something. Very confusing.

"You sure?" she asked, not totally convinced yet, "Lion? Girl-lion?"

It did look a little like a lion, only not quite. Viverri had never really grasped the concept of Gods or what they were good for, and this was her first encounter with one. She was getting more and more curious about this.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:56 pm
He frowned. He wasn't a girl, nor did he even look like one. "No, not a girl" he said with a shake of his head. Of course he was a lion, but a girl? Humph. "I'm a male lion." He continued. It wasn't like he could get too mad at the small creature. She could have not seen someone like him before. He was rather strange most the time. He didn't ever make himself look like a mortal. "I'm the god of Nocturnal creatures." He said not really giving himself a too formal name. At least, he had hoped.

He wanted to make sure she knew that he looked strange because he was a god, and not some normal lion out there. Or a hybrid. He'd seen some Leopons in the distance... Strange creatures. How ever could a lion be attracted to a leopard? And vise versa. He'd never understand that. He gave that thought a mental shrug

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:01 am
A god? Huh... Well, now she knew what that scent was about, a male-lion-god-thing. She knew there were creatures called "Gods", but she hadn't bothered to learn more about them and only knew they were big and strong. Did they eat genets? She had no clue, but that was her biggest concern about these God creatures. She wasn't particularly religious, even for a genet. If it was hard for her to grasp what a God was, it was even harder for her to understand his domain. Viverri didn't have a very large vocabulary and "nocturnal" was new to her.

"Nock-urr? What?" she asked, letting curiosity overcome her caution and climbing to an even lower branch. She still figured she would be out of reach unless this God decided to swoop up and get her like some kind of predatory bird. And animals didn't fly like birds so she reckoned she was still safe.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:05 pm
He raised a brow. He wondered if she noticed that she could see better at night now that he was close to her. Or if she was like any other creature and took it for granite until it was gone. It was a sad thing to not notice a power until it was gone. Though, he couldn't really tell anyone how it felt. Seeing as he's never had that problem before.

He frowned a little, though it was more his normal look then him being upset. "I'm the god of those of the night." He said in a simpler way. "When near me, I can make it to where someone can see better at night." he continued "But only when they are close to me." He could also take that power of night sight away if someone irritated him enough. That, however, was not temporary.

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:05 pm
Viverri was a creature of the night, even if she did most of her hunting at dusk and dawn. A night God then. Or a God for those out at night. She wasn't sure what he meant with the last part, and she was too focused on being curious to notice anything about her improved vision.

"I see good at night," she said proudly, "Not like stupid birds. You eat birds? Eggs?"

Food was very important to Viverri, so naturally she thought that others shared the same priorities. It didn't cross her mind that Gods might have bigger things on the agenda than where their next tasty meal would come from.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:17 pm
Strange thing, this creature was. He wasn't sure what to make of her. Other then it was sure different then running into a lion, or leopard, or something along those lines. He'd never seen one up close, but he had seen a few at night skittering around the lands. Some with lions or leopard friends to keep them safe.

"Not really" He told her. It wasn't like he would go out of his way to catch a bird to eat it. He was more on to land animals. Such as, gazelles, or zebra. Though, He tended to only eat scraps from others. Gods didn't need to really eat much, after all.

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:26 pm
"Very tasty," she said and nodded to emphasise this fact, "You try! I had eggs but they are gone."

She seemed lost in thought for a while. Perhaps mourning the eggs that were no more. Some eggshells might still litter the ground under the tree after the genet used them as projectiles to chase off a hungry lion. A waste of food, but at least it had worked. This God didn't seem hostile so she felt no need to flee or terrorise him until he left. She had spent a lot of time lately in trees taunting cats ten times as big as her...

"Noisy bugs tasty too," she stated, making conversation as best she could, "And lizzard. But they whip-whip with tail."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:38 pm
He didn't move, just watched the strange creature for a moment. "I think I'll stick to the bigger things." He told her finally. He couldn't see a bird filling him up. Unlike her, where she was tiny, and didn't take much to fill her up. Or at least, that's what he assumed. She reminded him of a creature who'd spent too much time alone, and not enough time with other creatures of it's own. He wondered if someone like her could ever be like the others if brought into a group of them.

Of course, he wasn't about to try it. Just something he'd ponder until he walked away from this little creature. At first, he thought she needed help, but now he realized she was very comfortable in her tree. Which to him seemed silly, but he was too big to fit in a tree.

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:21 am
She huddled up closer at the mention of bigger things and sniffed her nearly healed injury. It had been a close call, but hopefully her leg would heal leaving nothing more than a memory of nearly being eaten. Curse her stomach for making her talk about food with someone who might consider her food. She was bigger than birds, but there were plenty of things bigger than her too, so the night God might mean something else.

"Big like zebra," she asked to reassure herself that she wasn't on the menu, "Me no good food." Not that she had ever listened when her prey tried to talk itself out of being eaten. Not that it happened often since she tended to kill quickly or miss her catch completely. She didn't think the bugs talked at all, but she usually started with the head so she wouldn't know.

"You ever eat lion?" she asked, out of the blue. Hey, stranger things could happen, and as far as she knew nothing ate lions. Utterly unfair if you asked her. It would make sense if Gods did, however. Why else would some lions seem to be afraid of them?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:14 am
"Why would I eat you?" He raised a brow. Maybe to some other lion she'd be a good meal. But to him, to him she was nothing more then another night creature. Save from harm for the moment. He couldn't dare try to hurt her. He only ate when he really missed the taste of it. He didn't have to eat, after all.

"No, I wouldn't eat another lion" He told her. How strange would that be? Eating a lion. He was a lion, in a sense. Even though he couldn't die unless from another gods hands, or if he gave up his powers to someone else.

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:17 am
Why would he indeed? Viverri knitted her brows, trying to come up with an answer to the unexpected question.

"You smart," she concluded after a while, "Genets aren't good food."

She wondered what he did eat. Not birds or eggs or tasty bugs. Not genets and not lions. It didn't occur to her that he didn't need the same kind of nourishment that other creatures did, and she would probably not have been able to grasp why someone wouldn't eat. Food was very important to her after all, and she figured it would be for others too.

"Not much food up here," she said forlornly.

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff