This is a critique thread for the LAST PART of the DIGIMON IDOL EVENT: Question and Answer Portion

Setting aside rivalry or camaraderie, Judges will not show any discrepancy among participants. All critiques and ratings will be fairly given basing from your outputs.

Critiques are not given to make fun of you nor to put you down. It will only show how we think of your output so that you can improve or maintain it.

Thank you.

-GW

We're down to 8 contestants.

*Judges will continue to edit this post and state their critiques below.

Legend

Judges:
J1: Liger
J2: Im Windspirit
J3: Grandwing

Contestants:
#1: Dark Fire Karan
#2: Wind-up pickpocket
#3: grandmaster draco_lord
#4: zaraburame
#5: baka_robert
#6: sera tryst fall
#7: kirashimu
#8: kazu matsumoto
#9: levelnight20
#10: black blood cat
#11: listenfeelenjoy
#12: SU Blue
#13: Unholy Fudge
#14: Ichigo Ivan Ow
#15: kingofjokers7

Critiques and Scores:
J1:Truth be told, I read your response wondering if you were ever going to answer the question and then at the end of it you did. While the storytelling was a different approach to answering the question, I still feel that you could have been a bit more relevant to how size doesn't matter when it comes to having a friendship with your digimon. 6/10

J2: Appearance, race,...and need room to have a place a small body to perceive a large heart. I giggled. Though, I only read little of an answer. You certainly to enjoy writing about your relationship with your Leviamon, and that is very touching. A few Tamers take the time to actually write of their adventures with their companion. Returning to the situation, I received a very tiny position of an answer. Coming to understand your Digimon is only the beginning and maybe friendship isn't the only thing that is essential for a tamer to work together on equal terms. There is more to it than just, understanding their views. Something more is missing..... 5/10

J3: In answering a question, I like answers which are direct to the point without any roller coaster loops. For your answer, you focused more on storytelling, which made your answer very long. To be honest it contains a bit of inept grammar and typos, though I can still understand your story. It was really heartwarming and I was moved. You provided hints on your story for your question but it didn't quite answer it directly. I'd give you a high score if this was a story based part... regrettably, it isn't. 5/10

J1:When I said wonderous, I didn't quite mean for it to be drawn out. I guess that's what I get for giving you a question like that, I'll never do it again. Moving on, there was a lot of irrelevant information that you could have done without. Taking that long to get to the actual question made me a little irritated, but that's cool since, once again, I probably deserved it.

Getting into the girth of the actual question answering I liked your answer, just disliked how long it took to get there. Maybe life wouldn't be so bad, then again what about criminals and the "bad people" like the tyrannic lords and monarchs that people waited so long for them to die. You examined one side, now take a look at the other side. I was somewhat expecting something to that effect 6/10

J2: Very interesting to read that portion because I wouldn't have thought that, nor I believe anyone else either. In all honesty, to answer a question this deep, I suggest to just answer it directly. It's very difficult for a person to respond and actually write a direct answer to the question. If i'm not mistaken, I believe you were worried that the judges wouldn't receive enough information to understand you, yet you were too caught up in writing the first portion that you weren't too inspired when you actually approached the question. "But" indicated to me that was your starting point to actually giving an answer. Try not to incorporate your ideas; just give what 'they' want and support it. You have very interesting ideas, Draco, but your response made it seem like you could not decide on a answer. 6/10

J3: I looked at the judge's question and it asks "what if", it doesn't say to give a new meaning to the idea about your grandparent's wisdom and... wait a sec... you were not direct to the point likewise, you also provided a story in your answer which is extremely not necessary and makes the judge's work a bit harder. I cut my critique above since I just read the other part of your answer which is your "true" answer for this question. So your first answer about the story of your grandparents was a decoy?...ok.
Resetting, I like the sound of that. Though we have to understand that humans have stages and when reborn would you still recognize your wife, family or friend? We don't always look young, how would this work? Your concept of being easy to deal with should likewise be expanded into a deeper meaning.
Overall, there are some inconsistencies in your answer and lacks a bit more explanation but you still managed to answer the judge's question...somehow. 6/10

J1:Relating the question to your virus digimon was a good way to explain changing your destined path or, in this case, programming. And then throwing in Tamer influence also helped in answering your question. I think I could agree with you on that one and how the tamer has some influence. Maybe we are all affected by one another, no matter what we're made of, be it flesh or 1s and 0s

There were a few typos, but not enough to affect your score too much in my eyes.8/10

J2: I completely agree with your first response. Not every virus Digimon is supposed to play the antagonist, however I disagree on a level of your second response that humans are the only thing that can influence a Digimon. Though, this is not a debate...yet... From all the other entries, yours was straight forward and kept short. You focused to what was being asked and kept your word. Great job. More could be explained too. 8/10
J3: Very good. You are direct to your answer which kept it short and simple. I like how you included tamer in this question since a tamer's role is truly important for the future being of their digimon. They are the heart of this guild, that's why it is called "tamer island". 9/10

J1: First I must apologize for Alphamon's aggression towards you (*glares at Jou*) and secondly I have to say that your response was perfect. Friendship and Trust, no matter how cliche, are perfect in getting rid of a said fear. There isn't really much for me to say since the other judges said it already xD 9/10

J2: No need to hear more from me. You were direct Kira. I was afraid this entry would be another "friendship themed", but you managed to make sense of it and pull some wires. I guess there is no together way to explain how a 'click' can form between and Digimon and their partner other than just come to an agreement and be on the same level of 'trust.' 9/10

J3: I definitely like your answer. Short but it definitely shows a whole lot of meaning. You even emphasized your ideas, good job. This can also be compared to RL wherein you simply cannot get along with someone you do not trust or those you do not know. 9/10

J1:
UUR!!! E MEGA!!!

Let me just say that yours is my favorite. Could be because you're the only one to have received a question from GW or it could be because you're the only one, that i noticed, with a double sided question that spotlighted both sides equally while still remaining relevant to the question at hand. Your answer was well thoughout and I didn't see any inconstancy in your reply. Even managed to through in a little rp without going overboard and losing us in unnecessary rambling.

Truth be told, I'm glad yours was the last one. What a great way to end it off. A somewhat simple question with a nice and fluffy answer. 10/10
Now to read what the others said about ya xD

J2:It as good that you gave both sides of the perspective. What would be the positives and what would be the negatives, thought the open ended questions didn't seem necessary. I think you were trying to establish an example, yes? Good. So overall, from that long response I concluded two things, it would benefit humans or promote corruption. You were on the the right track, but I can't say that it was straight forward. Like, boom! I'm joking. You provided a clear explanation to your response. Rping is fine, but now i'm wondering why everyone keeps ending their answer with "I hope you enjoyed...." ect. 7/10
J3: Your answer is very satisfying, You were direct to your point and even added Specific examples of situations for your answer which is what I was hoping for. The first portion of your answer is already enough for the question. 9/10

J1:I feel that in the need to seek out all the different points and angles, you missed the question all together. That was my first thought when I read through it and then I decided to read through it again and noticed that you did in fact answer the question, eventually. I've noticed this a lot in not just yours, but in others as well. We're looking for the quality of your answer, not how much you can right or how eloquent you can be (Grammar is still a plus). When you started asking questions and then answered them I felt that you kind of ignored the original question in an indirect fashion. I still liked the answers that you gave. 7/10

J2: Well, No. I wasn't exactly seeking for the advantages or disadvantages of a person being in first place. I wanted a clear view on how individuals saw that role as a 'need' rather than a 'want', and you did provide some indications to answering that. I didn't find the abuse part (Te-hee!) necessary, especially the whole using a person to reach a goal. By mixing your own standpoint/view on why being first place is important supports the first question, somewhat. Your supporting details are a tad meek. I was hoping you could answer the second question about the Highest post count and answer why it seemed important, though I can blame that on my part for not being clear. 6/10

J3: Firstly, Why are you asking (rhetorical) questions, are you a judge? jk
I like the fact that you stick to your question but still, unnecessary data was placed which made your answer quite long, like for the disadvantages. I believe the judge was only asking for the significance or importance of being first place.
I admire you for having a concrete and detailed answer. It's like you can take a moral or two from it. 7/10

J1:On first glance I was afraid of the monster of a response that I created, but then I read through it and realized that I liked what all you had to say. It was direct and there were plenty of examples that pertained to the question. I wasn't really sure what kind of answer I was going to get since this came off the top of my head early in the morning, but I'm glad you were able to get a decent amount of answer from it. Long or not, I found it to be an interesting read. 8/10

J2: Nice Illusions in your response, Listen. You answered the question perfectly, organized your response well to make it flow, and supported your answer with evidence. Up until you challenged the question and went along and supported what it asked not to, something was off. It is possible to answer other than using Friendship and Love, but when you added greed and power, that satisfied me. (Oh and don't think bad of yourself! What must be done, must be told.) Not sure how your example of the Hill supports the 'rival' attribute since you only had to state what could go against the cliche of friendship or love. 9/10

J3: 'Twas really hard reading your pretty pink colored texts, I had to highlight the words for my convenience. Despite this, the roleplaying, loops and other unnecessary data, I can say that you have answered the question nicely. It is good that you were true to your answer by saying that negative attitudes can also contribute to this and not just the positive ones. 7/10

J1:Ah the cliche yet lovely brotherly connection. I see that a lot in tamer/digimon relationships, so that doesn't really set you apart in my book. Then again, stating that you are you and Tora is so Tora saves you as that is one sure way to set you apart. Even 100% identical twins are even different from each other in that way. Still I think there could be more to say on this... continue on your journey and I'm sure that you'll find out soon enough what separates the two of you from any other tamer/digimon pair.

Aside from that I like the rest of your answer. Comparing it to chrome digizoid was quite clever, but what color xD... it matters. 7/10

J2:You gave me only an answer that I would say it is on the "surface" level. You provided a sentence, that's for sure, but you didn't provide more evidence to it. I'm confused on how you say you are older than a Digimon, I had to look up what Chrome Digizoid was, so that was no a good sign either; explain that "something" more. That's as if I described an item as "it." It's good to see another tamer treating his partner well but your explanation seems to broad. 5/10

J3: I like your answer of a brotherly relationship with your digimon. Indeed some tamers treat their digimon as their vassals, ignoring the importance of a mutual relationship and this idea should be expunged.
I think your answer regarding the uniqueness of your bond from other tamers could be still improved.
It is not really unique if you say that you're bond is special because...you're you and no one is the same, since everyone is different and unique! For me, it's not quite enough. 7/10