Submit

Elektro7

Devout Poster

8,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:51 pm
I've had this idea for an RP for a while.
It's based off of this story me and a friend used to work on, to the best of my knowledge it's comepletely original, not inspired, based off of, or is related to anything else intentionally, and I was just wondering what others would think of it.

--Spyrone Link--

Dreams, the one phenomenon that has longest evaded explanation.
Some believe them to be representations of subconscious desires, another theory is that dreams are an interpretation of random signals generated by the brain during sleep. But what are they really?

In truth, one of the earliest theories is correct.
Dreams are in fact, connections to another world.
A world governed by the minds of those within it, anything can be created, altered, or destroyed in an instant, if it is so ordered by any Human mind connected.

Such would usually be without consequence...

... If the world was uninhabited.

The inhabitants of the world, like the world itself, are shaped by the minds of the Humans connected, but with one inexplicable difference-- They are permanently fixed in whatever form they are made into.
These entities that live there, do so in constant fear. Capable of being killed by a Human's stray thought, or losing every ounce of their being in a particularly conflicted mind.

There is but one way to escape this world, the "Spyrone Link". An entity equally as enigmatic as they themselves are, however it is incapable of destruction, or alteration of any sort from Human interference.
The true nature of the Link has always been shrouded in mystery. Some believe it to be a portal to a safer world, while others instead believe it to be the cause of their world's fragility.
None know for sure, as any who have come into contact with it have disappeared, but have they been killed? Moved to the safer world?...

Many of the world's inhabitants seek out the Link, in attempts to destroy it, or use it. But if any have succeeded is still unknown.

-----

And that's it, personally I think it would be pretty good for an RP in some form. If not, It's undeniably quite original, and would be good for a story if anyone wants to use it as a basis (please ask first though).

Suggestions are welcome, for how to make it work as an RP, or even things like the names of the other world's inhabitants, or the other world itself.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:13 pm
.... Seriously? No one?  

Elektro7

Devout Poster

8,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Mark Twain 100

The Name of the Rose
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:35 pm
Elektro7
.... Seriously? No one?

Let me see if the person who has the RP subforum is interested... She knows how to get these things off the ground, unlike myself. sweatdrop  
®

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games