Reply Dancing Feet: A guild for dancers
Eg, ego much? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fear My Bloody Fangs.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:07 am
My friend is a health freak and just. EGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. She switched dance studios last year for a few reasons.
-Get rid of her rivalry with me
-To get on pointe
-Her mother hated the instructors.

Now keep in mind were both at the same level when she switched, but I'm a LOT more developed then she. At my studio I won't get on to pointe for at least another 3 years, due to the fact that I don't have the adaquate skills to support myself in the shoes yet, and I'm fine with that.

My friend on the other hand, is not, so she switched to a studio where she would get up on pointe imidiatly.

Because she did this, her toenails are going to fall off and she's screwed up her feet.

And she's still dancing.

Idiot.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:47 am
that sucks  

danzachica16

Volta

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:43 pm
rivalry...so not healthy..she's too obsessed with pointe..it looks great and I'm sure it must feel even better when you're able to do it but rushing into it?...that type of stuff takes time and a lot of practice..I hope she'll be okay.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:49 am
thats stupid. your instructers probably know what their talking about. At least your doing the right thing. and because of it, she'll hurt herself and then you can laugh at her. mrgreen  

tiny_dancer421

toxic_S2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:35 am
Jeez...well it's not good to get on pointe that quickly...O_o;;

I've danced for a pretty long time and I've just gone on point like 3 years ago.

Most of it was cus I had inward knees or what ever. Like...toes and knees that pointed inward. That was the reason I started dance, but I loved to dance so much that I continued it even when my legs were normal. But because of the previous impairment, I had to train a little longer to get on pointe.

Hmmm..seems like she's going to hurt herself if she goes on too quickly. Her form won't look as neat unless she really trains. I guess if she really practiced and trained her toes then she can do it. Most girls can get on their toes...it's the form that she'll have to worry about. =/ Her legs also might be a little wobbly..and she's gonna injure her legs. D;

Aww...well...when you get on pointe it'll be alot easier for you since by that time you'll have your form down perfectly. xD

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:29 pm
Oh, I feel so loved.

And I still haven't decided whether or not I'm even going up on pointe, my knees are really screwy and I need to get them figured out first.

Fear My Bloody Fangs.

WeirdVero

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:53 pm
I may not know a lot about ballet, but I do know that what she is doing is probably not healthy sad

You just stick to working slowly and surely, rushing your body probably isn't good. (And bleeding... :Gonk: Owwie! I do imagine it happens sometimes... right?)

Ehh, before I keep on with my mindless rambling, you just keep up with your classes, and by the time you get to point, you'll be awesome whee
And it wont hurt. 3nodding

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:30 pm
You know that what she's doing is wrong, but perhaps she does not know.... Or perhaps she is too stubborn to understand....
I hope her new instructors know that what they are doing is hurting her legs....  

HappyFaceQueen

Rainbow Ducky

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:36 pm
That is so stupid. It is making me angry. She will probably end up with some kind of health problem and then she will never be able to dance on pointe again just because she went on to early.

Pointe is very demanding and very hard work. I can't wait to hear what happens to her. twisted  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:55 am
it's not a very smart move to do tht so quickly I have friends in pointe and they stuff their shoes with the mos cotton I've ever seen, but their ankles and legs were ready for it once they started pointe. All of them started at the right time unlike your friend who seems to have started to early. She can really hurt herself without the proper amount of trainig on soft shoe.  

HermioneTwin

5,300 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100

Xo__Kyiri__oX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:35 pm
Well, it's her own fault for what happened to her toes. I know what you mean by rivalrys though. This girls who's nice to me and used to be my friend(she's nice but SOOOO annoying!) she's an ok dancer(not that I'm pro) but she gets the best of everything, and her mom hates me...they're so tight with my teacher, I swear she gets all of this stuff because her mom convinces my teacher to give the parts to her instead of me.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:01 am
i know just the type of girl she is.

we have tons of them over at my high school.

they think they can dance and they have
this huge ego about it...

when in reality... they CAN'T. gonk

even I'M not that fond of my own dancing x__x

Cap-n Jack
Crew

Fear My Bloody Fangs.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:29 pm
Cap-n Jack
i know just the type of girl she is.

we have tons of them over at my high school.

they think they can dance and they have
this huge ego about it...

when in reality... they CAN'T. gonk

even I'M not that fond of my own dancing x__x

Well, see, she is a relativley decent dancer, but she's so rigid and percise, and technical...

It's like, god, no emotion, me, I'm all about moving my body, and flowing through the air.

It's almost painful to watch her.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:58 pm

i hate hearing people saying all the time (yea, i hear this a lot)
"i've been dancing for such a long time, i started pointe when i was 9!"

9??!!
ugh.
i know your friend isn't 9, but it's similar...
if you don't have the necessary basis of ballet and muscle strength that is required for pointe, you will hurt yourself.
a 9 year old is simply not developed enough physically to begin, and someone older who is not at the correct level isn't ready physically either.

pointe hurts enough as it is without putting your feet and body through the strain of starting too early.
she will get hurt, and that's pretty darn irresponsible of her current dance instructor.
which also irks me: she switched studios and was then able to go on point right away? that's so wrong.

when you go on pointe, rest assured that your feet will feel much better than hers do now.
because you'll be ready.
heart

the fuzziest llama

Dancing_Esli

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:35 am
I've been dancing since I was four and I just started on pointe one year ago. This was kinda late because my teacher was saying for three years I could go on pointe but she kept postponing it. I switched schools and could start on pointe there. It didn't hurt at all.
I hope your friend won't get serious injuries from starting too early  
Dancing Feet: A guild for dancers

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces