Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Gryffindor Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:59 pm
User Image
                                              ╔════════════════════════════╗
                                              Taylor Olson
                                              Eleven Years Old - First Year - Gryffindor - Halfblood
                                              ╚════════════════════════════╝

Taylor glanced over at the Hufflepuff table when Artemisia had confirmed which house she didn’t want to be sorted into. “Aside from it being your mum’s house, they don’t look so bad,” she mentioned. The house that she assumed would have the most problems, at least with kids in her year, was Slytherin after three out of four Wellbelove quadruplets were sorted. Briefly, she wondered if they had any relation to her mum’s clothing designer competition. If so, it looked as though Taylor may already have a few enemies. “It might be a good thing I didn’t get sorted into my mum’s house, too,” she thought out loud before turning back to Aria and placing a hand over hers. “Here’s to not being sorted into our parents’ houses,” she declared, offering the girl a smile.

Taylor grinned when Booker had admitted he was thrilled to have been sorted into Gryffindor. That made three for three – they were all happy with their house sorting. She listened to him go into detail about his family members who had attended Hogwarts and about how his mum thought he and his aunt were too similar. His explanation amused her, but Taylor rather enjoyed learning about Book’s background. “My aunt had the opposite problem,” she mentioned once Booker explained who Glynn was. “She was married, but her husband cheated on her, so she divorced him. He also didn’t know she got pregnant, so he doesn’t know he has a son.” Maybe sharing that information was too personal, and technically, she wasn’t supposed to know exactly what had happened. However, she overheard the conversation between her parents and her aunt when Kira had first found out that Justin was cheating.

“That’s cool – magical fireworks are much cooler than the ones muggles buy,” Taylor commented. She remembered when she had celebrated the New Year at a neighbour’s house and they handed out sparklers to everyone. The sparks had lasted for a ridiculously short period of time. “Mum’s a clothing designer and dad’s a Mediwizard at St. Mungo’s,” she responded before turning to Artemisia. “What about your parents?” There had been no mention of Aria’s dad so far. Taylor wondered if he was even around.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

If there is a question about my i n t e n t i o n s, I'll tell ya
                                              I'm not here to sell ya or tell you to go to hell (I'm not a brat like that)

mc2
MJ Spooks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:28 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
♡ Aria ♡ Artemisia Rosalie League ♡
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxx
Time: Fall 2053
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Aria agreed that Hufflepuff wasn't so bad but confessed, "Helga Hufflepuff was kind and generous too. She did agree to take "all the rest". But with that it is hard to know why someone is a Hufflepuff. Are they loyal and hardworking or are they all the rest?" Aria left her perhaps unkind question hang as she smiled at Taylor's declaration of happiness at not being sorted like their parents. All the better Book was thrilled to be there. While Aria believed it was okay to be sad (unlike say her mother), Aria found it only natural to be happiest surrounded by happiness.

As conversation progressed, of course their parents occupation came up. Of course. Aria did not even realize she pinched the bridge of her nose when Book asked about what their families did. Aria supposed it was reasonable to not assume a girl with the fairly common last name League was related to The Cathy League of Puddlemere United fame.

She attempted to focus on her new (potential) friends' answers. An aunt who co-owned a firework's company, a clothing designer, and a dad who's a mediwizard. Oh maybe Taylor's dad knew her uncle! Aria was still pinching the bridge of her nose as she answered, "My mum is Cathy League... as in of Puddlemere United Captainship fame. My don-father he is or was when I was born was supposed to be an aeronautical engineer. He was a muggle at least." She released her nose after spilling the beans and also hoping the two would not think her description of her donor odd. "My uncle might know your dad, Taylor! David Avery, he's a healer. My Uncle David married a Gryffindor who is with the Ministry's House Elf Relocation Department. I have some distant relatives who are into a bit heavier employment for lack of better words. The League side of the family and them don't really get along."

Aria was sure "don't really get along" was an understatement. Arranging an assassination of someone's dad and succeeding like her great grandparents did would naturally sour anyone related to her great grandparents good side. Not surprisingly it was her uncle who told Aria the full story. Aria wasn't about to tell that story to the other two but she saw no reason to hide she had other relatives. She just hoped neither of the two were particularly large quidditch fans or followed her mother. Why couldn't her mother have done something respectable with her talents? Aria found herself wishing her mum had done something like Aunt Leo did. The Ministry of Magic was a respectable career.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Not your mother, indeed
                                                Looking for bigger, better things, are you?
                                                Well, I'm sure you'll find them in

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: }
                                                kiska166

MJ Spooks

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:57 am

User Image✶☁
DUANAIRE LIANE AINDRIAS-EVERA

fifth year || Gryffindor prefect || halfblood
Art Club mapmaker || Quidditch chaser and vice captain
irregular attendee of any club events

So obviously Ashton and Sparrow weren’t the only ones drinking last year.

Over the summer Aire had received a letter from Hogwarts--not informing her mums she was barely passing most of her classes like she expected, but saying she was prefect. Like...of Gryffindor House. In charge of things. Maya Masters had been prefect!
Aire’s first thought had been the owl or pelican had been drunk. Maybe a clerical error. She had meant to write back saying sphere must have been an error, but they’d spelled her name clearly and everything. Then she had found out that not only had she been made a prefect but Austen hadn’t? Yeah. The professors were all probably drunk and just….drew names out of a hat. (Hey, maybe that’s what the Sorting Hat did all year.) But even the chances of that happening? Nah, professors were definitely trolling.

Welp. Aire wasn’t nearly brave enough to approach the Staff table and tell Professor Harlowe there was clearly something wrong with this prefect thing, and she had lost the rock-paper-scissors with D’Artagnon, so here she was...with her first prefect duty. (Second really, but Aire had decided that the luggage carriage needed patrolling and spent the entire time putting cute animal stickers on random chests. No one would never know.) Last year Sparrow had given a whole speech about the history of Gryffindor House last year which Aire was not about to do. But uh. Right. Towards the end of dinner, she reluctantly leaned over. ”Hey cuz, I need your leg for a sec.”

Leg acquired, Aire hopped onto Gryffindor table and waved her cousin’s appendage for attention. Still holding the leg, she stuttered out: ”Uh. Hi! Um. If you’re new and don’t know where the dorms are, you should follow that guy. Or me. Yeah. Okay. Oh. Gryffindors I mean. Sorry. ...Okay.”

Aire pointed out D’Artagnon, and after a moment handed Harmony back her leg and hopped off, landing in a silent crouch. Yeah. Hopefully D’Artagnon was okay leading, because Aire’s usual way up to the dorms usually involved scaling a wall and she wasn’t sure she wanted tired first years trying that just yet.

setting End of the 2053 Sorting Feast || with wayyyyy more Gryffindors than she rememebred
appearance 5'2", lithe || wearing uniform, tie askew with the prefect pin in the corner
status that was okay right? No one spontaneously combusted yet

mc2

kiska166

MJ Spooks

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Soon may the Wellerman come
To bring us sugar
And tea and rum
One day, when the tonguing' is done
We'll take our leave and go.
☁✶
~"The Wellerman" recorded by Neil Colquhoun. Cover by Malinda.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:01 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx❈ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Great Hall - Gryffindor Table
xxx❈ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Torin!!!!
xxxx❈ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? We did it!
xxxxx❈ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Nice to know we're still similar!

Skyla was really excited when the hat said she had spirit and passion. How cool! It then sent her over to the house called Gryffindor. The ones wearing red cheered, so she sent a thumbs up to her twin, then hurried over, gasping as her robes lined with red. Whaaaaaaaat! Cool! Just as soon as she sat down, she looked over to watch Torin's sorting. After a second, he too was sorted into Gryffindor. They did it! The hat listened to her request. Or perhaps Torin also asked to be with her. The brunette was sat at the very end of the table, which would be perfect for Torin's wheelchair. Absolutely fabulous. Once he was over, she hugged him. "We did it, Tor! We got the same place! It's so cool! We're gonna party it up!" She was practically bouncing with joy.

Cat Waffle

You held me down, but I got up, already brushing off the dust
          You hear my voice, you hear that sound, like thunder, gonna shake the ground
          You held me down, but I got up, get ready 'cause I've had enough
          I see it all, I see it now! I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter
          Dancing through the fire 'cause I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar
          Louder, louder than a lion 'cause I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:26 pm
User Image
                                                Of course she was s a d but now
                                                She's glad she dodged a b u l l e t

╔════════════════════════════════╗
                                                Penelope Barrett
                                                Seventeen Years Old - Seventh Year - Gryffindor - Reserve Keeper - Halfblood
                                                Leader of the Art of the Sword - Leader of Namaste

╚════════════════════════════════╝

Penelope sat down at the Gryffindor table alone, facing the rest of the Great Hall. Others could join her if they wanted, but most of her friends were in other houses and unfortunately, the person she most wanted to avoid was in her house. However, Ashton hadn’t spoken with her last year, so she figured there was a slim chance he would try to this year. Penny’s gaze drifted over towards the Slytherin table, where Chadwick sat without Finley. She wondered if he felt lonely without his boyfriend as her gaze wandered further down the table and landed on Jessica for only a brief moment. After all, Penny didn’t want the younger girl to see her staring. Next, Penelope scanned the Ravenclaw table, making eye contact with Cenek. She gave him a small smile before scanning the Hufflepuff table, spotting Eden and Callie sitting together. Although she once had a crush on the blond boy, she did have to admit that they were rather cute together. Maybe even one year ago she wouldn’t have admitted that, even to herself, but a lot can change in a year. Her friendship with Eden was back to normal although she still felt a little awkward whenever Callie was around, unsure whether it was because Eden had rejected her or because she had slapped him at last year’s first Namaste meeting in front of his girlfriend. Besides, Callie hung out with Jess, and Penny saw enough of that girl at school and during the holidays.

Once the First Years were led into the Great Hall, Penelope searched for her brother and found him pretty easily. He looked rather cute, she thought, although most eleven year olds were to some extent. For a moment, she couldn’t believe that the time had finally come where she was in her final year at Hogwarts, and he was beginning his first. Penelope would help him where needed this year, but she couldn’t be around to babysit all the time, and especially not for the years to follow. Part of her wanted him to join her in Gryffindor, but if he did, she knew she’d try to baby him too much. Plus, he’d probably annoy her way too often – at least until he got bored and ditched her for somebody else, which he was known to do. When Syd’s name was called, she watched intently and cheered when he was sorted into Ravenclaw. Well, he’d be with Cenek, so if Penny ever needed someone to spy and tell her what he was up to, she had someone.

((OOC: quoting everyone that was mentioned))

It took a few y e a r s to soak up the tears
                                                But look at her now, w a t c h her go

Diamond Wales
Stefan Lee Salvatore
Cinnabun Gryffie
addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:25 am

When you've been fighting for it all your life
                                                      You've been struggling to make things right
                                                      That's how a superhero learns to fly

Torin totally was stoked he and Skyla had gotten the same house. They were partners in crime after all. He had seen Skyla's robes go red when she got sorted so he wasn't too shocked (but still amazed) when his robes turned red as well. He had liked the hat's compliment. And he hoped Skyla got a good hat review. She had picked a spot near the end which would help as it was a bench for seating. It's not like he couldn't have done it further down but he wasn't going to say no to an easier spot. Soon as he had gotten onto the bench. He got Skyla hugged "Heck yea! Rocking the red!" Torin said half laughing at his sister's enthusiasm. Once he could he pulled the chair out of the way so no other new Gryffindors (the coolest name by the way) would run into it.

When you've fighting for it all your life
                                                                You've been working every day and night
                                                                That's how a superhero learns to fly

Cinnabun Gryffie

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:20 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx 𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝒶𝓂 ℐ? Great Hall - Gryffindor Table
xxx 𝒲𝒽𝑜'𝓈 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓂𝑒? Various New Students
xxxx 𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉'𝓈 𝑔𝑜𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝓃? Sorting and Junk
xxxxx 𝒲𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓂𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓊𝑔𝒽𝓉𝓈? I'm gonna make so many friends!

Cass was delighted about her sort. Gryffindor, those brave of heart and full of courage. Well, just this summer alone she'd tricked a vampire guy that may or may not have killed her parents, stole his wand and a bunch of his money, and ran away... so that was pretty brave... or more likely just stupid. Either way, she probably had the coolest story (even if she wasn't supposed to talk about it). As she walked to the table, Cass sat near the other kids that had gotten sorted and put on a bright smile. "Hi guys I'm Cass, or Cassiopeia if I'm in trouble. But mostly Cass. I'm really excited to be here and I'm gonna make lots of friends and it'll be super cool." She nodded as she talked, her energy level growing with each word.

{{OoC: Please feel free to talk to Cass. She needs love}}
Hᴇʀᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴇs ᴀ ᴡᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴇᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴡᴀsʜ ᴍᴇ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
A ᴛɪᴅᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪs ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ
Sᴡᴀʟʟᴏᴡɪɴɢ sᴀɴᴅ, ʟᴇғᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ sᴀʏ
Mʏ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇ ᴅʀᴏᴡɴᴇᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʜᴜɴᴅᴇʀ
Bᴜᴛ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄʀʏ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴄʀᴜᴍʙʟᴇ
Wʜᴇɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ sʜᴜᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴏʀ ᴄᴜᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ
I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ sɪʟᴇɴᴄᴇᴅ! Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴍᴇ ᴏ̨ᴜɪᴇᴛ!
Wᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴛʀᴇᴍʙʟᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʀʏ ɪᴛ
Aʟʟ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ɪs I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢᴏ sᴘᴇᴇᴄʜʟᴇss

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:13 pm
User Image
                                              ╔════════════════════════════╗
                                              Taylor Olson
                                              Thirteen Years Old - Third Year - Gryffindor - Halfblood
                                              Member of the Daily Dragon, Art Club, and Dueling Club

╚════════════════════════════╝

Taylor watched the sorting, waiting as patiently as she could for her brother’s sorting. Why couldn’t their name start with an A? As each student was sorted, she huffed and sighed in desperation for time to move quicker, but clapped when someone was placed in Gryffindor. Finally, Mason Olson had been called. Taylor sat up straighter and leaned forward, awaiting his house to be called. Part of her assumed he’d be sorted into Gryffindor with her, so when Hufflepuff was called, she was a little taken aback. Nonetheless, she cheered for her brother. “At least he didn’t get Slytherin,” she commented to no one in particular. Taylor knew for a fact that the Wellbeloves would have given him a hard time, and she didn’t need yet another reason to hate them.

Her attention mostly stayed on the sorting, but her ears perked up when she heard ‘Tittensor’. “Isn’t that the same last name as the guy who started the fire at the Winchester Estate?” she asked a housemate sitting next to her. Taylor was definitely going to have to do some digging. She was sure she’d find out soon enough after hearing about whether or not he had gotten beat up. Too many wizards and witches died that evening, her grandparents included, and she knew she was far from being the only student in this room affected by such a tragedy.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

If there is a question about my i n t e n t i o n s, I'll tell ya
                                              I'm not here to sell ya or tell you to go to hell (I'm not a brat like that)

Cinnabun Gryffie

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:48 am
User Image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxx
Time: 2056-2057

Fourteen. Fourth Year. And more expectations from her mother. It was as if as time sculpted her face and body over the summer she looked more and more like her mother. Aria didn't technically mind looking like a red haired Cathy League, she was known for her good looks and good looks never hurt, but she did mind her mother pointing out the comparisons. If she heard one more "when I was at Hogwarts..." Aria might very well scream. If she was her mother she would have a smile plastered on her face, a full face of make-up, and dressed in designer gear on her way to the quidditch pitch. Placing her chin on her hand she watched the new first years be sorted as she did remind herself that she was technically on the quidditch team and more annoyingly she was good at it and had a mind for tactile maneuvers. Aria reasoned she was still joining the Ministry of Magic and actually make a difference.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Not your mother, indeed

Gryffindor!
                                                Graydon Ironshield
                                                Ron is welcome to join Aria. She'd enjoy the company

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:14 am
User Image
xxxxxx
Time: 2057-2058

After the incident with the sixth year (who somehow did not get expelled) and Ron and his sister, Aria's mother seemed to become a little more level headed. If anything Aria suspected her mother blamed herself partially for putting Aria in danger by exposing herself to the media. Aria was not so unkind to blame her mother for the incident. What did surprise her that she was elected a prefect considering the dramatic event. Sure she was a victim but that did not mean it was not trouble.

Cathy did not stop bragging about Aria's appointment. Her daughter was shining even more than she did Cathy argued. Aria was slated to take over the quidditch team (insert groan of duty from Aria here), she was fluent in several languages, skillfully played the piano according to Cathy, and scored well in her classes or the classes that mattered. Despite Cathy's pride of Aria she made sure to fuss over Aria's looks and activities and her plans for her fifth year at Hogwarts. As much as Aria might love her mother she was relieved to be back in the halls of Hogwarts and was ready to be the best Prefect she could be.

Not your mother, indeed

Gryffindor!
                                                Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:06 pm
We are young
We are strong
We're not looking for where we belong
We're not cool
We are free
And we're running with blood on our knees

User Image
User Image

Muggleborn Grчffındor Second Yeαr a** Kıcker

*¸.✬★*´´☽ Nare had greatly enjoyed her summer and being surrounded by her small family once again, especially her dad. She worried about him sometimes that he'd get lonely in the big house without her and had made sure to ask around the firehouse that they keep the old man company from time to time. He had-of course-overheard her and vehemently mentioned that he was fine and had hobbies to keep him busy. Which just made her even more pressed to get him out the house sometimes, his hobby was miniatures. Just awful. One of the paramedics seemed happy at her suggestion and had said they'd keep her updated so she was at least partially successful.

Leaving again was just as painful as before but a little less nerve-wracking since she now knew what to expect. Nare had sat in a compartment with others her age discussing their summers and trading cards (she was determined to get a full collection of astral radiance if it killed her) and before she knew it, they had pulled up to the station and rode up to the castle. She settled at her now familiar house table across from an older girl that she recognized from Quidditch last year. "Hey capt! You have a good break or were you thinking of ways to scare us this year. Not gonna lie, I enjoyed the water balloons prolly more than I should have." Nare snickered animatedly.

I could change the world
I can make it better
Kick it up and down
Took a chance on me
When you fake a smile
And you think you're better
Gonna put it down

User Image
mc2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:43 am
User Image
xxxxxx

Aria was happy to see Narine sit across from her. The now second year seemed a cheerful sort and had potential as a chaser. Narine had served as a reserve chaser the year before and always brought enthusiasm to the position. When greeted with Captain Aria had the odd sensation she could be copying her mother if she wanted. Aria had gotten Prefect though. Cathy League could never claim that. Honestly Aria did not know if Hogwarts would have survived her mother with that much power over her fellow students.

"My Mum was more than happy to give some ideas from her Puddlemere United trainings," Aria grinned and added, "whether I decided to listen to those ideas are another thing entirely. Honestly I was planning more traditional training than Harmony did. I don't have her talent or flare for the theatrical. Do you think I should include the water balloons?" She had grown serious in her last question. Quidditch might not be her passion but she didn't want to do badly or disappoint anyone either.

Not your mother, indeed

Gryffindor!
                                                Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:58 pm
We are young
We are strong
We're not cool
We are free

User Image
User Image

*¸.✬★*´´☽ Nare figured that Puddlemere was a Quidditch team from the way Aria said it and made a mental note to look it up later. She'd heard around the locker room gossip that her mom was some superstar hotshot but she hadn't really listened to it much. Mostly because she had just wrapped her mind around flying lacrosse yesterday but also it just didn't matter in the long run. Her dad wasn't pushing for her to take over when she was old enough, she was pretty sure he'd be relieved if she said she didn't even want to be a firefighter (still a choice she was considering but now she had *magic* options). At the actual serious question, Nare had to pause a moment before giving her answer. "I mean...they're definitely better than practicing with the real things. Like, I know eventually we'll have to to be better prepared but like, just getting kids into it? I feel like the water balloons kinda softens the blow....metaphorically." she grinned at her impromptu word play. "But it's ultimately up to you, capt. I'm sure you'll think of something. How was the rest of your summer? I hope this wasn't like, hanging over you or something." Bleh, what an awful way to spend the break if she had. Hand in hand with actual summer school and spring cleaning.

I could change the world
I can make it better
Kick it up and down
Took a chance on me
When you fake a smile
Gonna put it down

User Image
mc2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:09 pm
User Image
xxxxxx

Aria was ever the diplomat when Narine offered her opinion on water balloons. It was a good point. Better to have try-outs at least without broken bones. She could introduce actual bludgers during practices when a nurse was available for the pitch. Folding her fingers together on her lap Aria said, "I'll consider your thoughts on the matter. They are quite good and I did not fully consider it." How embarrassing though to be educated on proper leadership by a twelve year old even if Aria was wise enough to know wisdom could come from all places.

When Narine asked about her summer and hoped that her quidditch captainship had not been hanging over her, Aria held a smile. Truthfully with her mother (and especially how proud her mother was at Aria being the captain) quidditch was something that always hanging over her. Aria wanted nothing more to serve the Ministry and her mother liked to point out that Aria had inherited her mother's gift for quidditch. Her mother was terrified Aria would end up in danger or dead like Aria's grandmother Cara League the former head of the Obliviator office. Aria thought her grandmother's sacrifice was something to be proud of. As for her summer, Aria responded, "I enjoyed my summer. I feel a bit lazy because I only stuck to practicing the languages I knew but truthfully that gave me more time to study ahead for my OWLs this year. I guess you could say my summer was a bit boring, truthfully. Boring can be good. I got to meet up with friends and spend time with my family and sit in on mum's quidditch games and practices even."

Aria paused and asked, "What about you, Nare? How was your summer? Anything exciting? Or not exciting. I'm all ears."

Not your mother, indeed

Gryffindor!
                                                Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:18 pm
We are young
We are strong
We're not cool
We are free

User Image
User Image

*¸.✬★*´´☽ Nare wrinkled her nose a bit at the stuffy tone Aria used (she sounded a bit like her vice principal during conferences). It made her unconsciously sit up straighter at the table from where she'd comfortably slouched. Thankfully though it didn't last and Aria seemed to turn back into the teenager she was and discussed her summer. It seemed boring to her to just study but meh, she didn't have some big life altering tests to take this year, what did she know? Those were yeeeaarrrsss away! "Lazy's good though! It was summer break! We're s'posed to like, stay up late, wake up late, eat the wrong kinda foods late, do everything late! It's awesome!" she exclaimed eyes shining with her words. And to make things better, Aria was a teenager! She could stay up later, go places completely by herself, see cooler movies, ugghhh. She really couldn't wait for her next birthday.

Nare's mental list of teenagedom was interrupted though when she was asked about her own summer causing her to bounce slightly as she recounted. "Pretty good! I was a bit bummed that I missed out on certain races back home but I still lucked out and got to be part of the summer series. I even managed to pre-qualify! I got knocked out the second race but, it was still pretty cool! I was one of the youngest in my new league but no one was really prissy about it, and I even got allot of great ideas for next year!" She might've ran on a bit but sue her! She'd lamented practically all of last year about missing the beginning races while being finally old enough to compete in older series sets.

"'Sides all that though I hung out with family, and me and Da took a road trip to the coast. We hadn't been in a while so it was allot of fun! Da was still complaining about finding sand even taking me to the station." Nare lightly cackled.

I could change the world
I can make it better
Kick it up and down
Took a chance on me
When you fake a smile
Gonna put it down

User Image
mc2

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items