Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Gryffindor Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 189 190 191 192 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Delete-Now-I-Quit

Tipsy Autobiographer

4,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:07 am
╔══════════════╗
◀◁Ӎαχɨлϵ Ңɑɖʅϵɣ ϢɑʅҜϵɾ▶▷
╚══════════════╝
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I Hit the Ground Running
◆Didn't Make Sense
Not to Live for Fun
▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿ ▾ ▿
Maxine hopped off the stool and quickly made her way to the table, sliding in next to a girl her age. She sat there quietly, listening to the other sortings as they took place, cheering along with the Hufflepuff as the girl she was seated with in the boats got sorted. Then she listened attentively to their Headmistress as she spoke. And when that was over and done with, it was time to eat. She scooped up some mashed potatoes and peas. Not really caring about delicacy, Maxie digged in thoroughly. She only stopped to breath once, when a first year like them up and left the table. Maxine swallowed.

“What's wrong with her?” she inquired of a girl sitting across from herself. She had big brown eyes and a seemingly kind face. She didn't bank to much on it though. From personal experience as well as common sense, talking to someone is a better way to know them than by gauging their expressions. “She seemed rather upset. Should someone go talk to her?”

▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵ ▴ ▵
And All that Glitters is Gold
Only Shooting Stars ◆
Break the Mold

House: Gryffindor Year: 1st Blood Status:Muggle Born

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:09 pm
They said all teenagers scare the living s h i t out of me
They could care less as long as someone'll bleed
So darken your clothes or strike a violent pose
Maybe they'll leave you alone, but not me

The boys and girls in the clique
The awful names that they stick
You're never gonna fit in much, kid
But if you're troubled and hurt

What you got under your shirt
Will make them pay for the things that they did

Christian Barrett

User Image

Crash
Third Year Gryffindor Keeper

[Begin Scene, Days after Try Outs]

It was bright and early, well maybe not so early, but at least he hadn’t missed breakfast. The smell of sausage, bacon, eggs and toast delighted his nose with an enticement he couldn’t ignore. His robes swayed in a flurry around his feet as he crossed down the aisle to his table and sat, wasting no time in piling his plate with food and devouring a glass of pumpkin juice and then smiled when it refilled itself magically. That was one thing he would miss about this place, the feasts three times a day and every day of the year. But he tried not to think about that too much… Crash glanced up and around, he knew the second years didn’t have classes until the middle of the day today, so she had to be here soon. He was still a little jaded about the try outs, he hadn’t expected to make the team, hell, he hadn’t even really wanted too. Reserve would have been fine for him, perfectly fine. But at least David made it, and Ronna….

He frowned. He couldn’t believe that she hadn’t made the team. He ruffled his moppy blonde locks, still wet from his shower that morning and uttered an awkward sigh. He’d heard that she wanted to talk to him, and if it wasn’t about quidditch then he wouldn’t be able to guess what it would be about. He slapped a knife full of butter on darkened toast and smothered it, chocolate eyes keen on finding Ronna through the crowd of students wading in and out.

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════╗
Height: 5 ft 4½ in Weight: 125lbs Age: 13
Gryffindor Table
tired, but waiting…
Gryffindor Pride
╚══════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

User Image User Image

mc2

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:46 pm
User ImageUser Image
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 12
Year at Hogwarts: 2nd year
Height: 5'3"

➳ ➳ ➳

[Wearing:Uniform]
Company: Crash

➳ ➳ ➳

Okay this might be awkward...

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna had on a smiling face, because, truth be told she was more of a morning person and she had found the aroma of coffee on the table. Glancing down the table she saw Crash and sat down across from him picking up what she knew to be a cup of coffee-maybe the house elves could sense someone's bad mood and would make you what would make you feel better?

"Good morning," She said, sipping her black coffee not bothering to even look at the food around them. She was blunt and to the point as she asked, "So someone told you I was looking for you? I mean yeah... probably of course..."

User Image

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:18 pm

Christian Barrett

User Image

Crash

”Sup,” he greeted her with a gentle nod of recognition, which was more than he usually offered in greeting. ”Oh, yeah, David mentioned it last night,” he nodded again, his fingers twisted around the end of a greasy sliver of bacon before he devoured it whole. A small, blissful smile wove on his lips with every bite. If anything and of everything, he would definitely miss the food the most. ”Hey, I’m sorry you didn’t make it on the team, Elli should’ve at least put you on reserve, I mean, you were on it last year when they had no one, s**t, it’s kind of a bite in the a** if you ask me.” Crash shrugged, an exasperated sigh had escaped his lips, but there was nothing more that could be done. He wasn’t a very confrontational boy, either, and when the time came as everyone spoke up, he couldn’t. Hell, he probably would have been the little ignored voice in the background screaming ‘why can’t we be friends?!’

Still, nothing was going to change the captain’s opinions, especially with the vice-captain agreeing whole heartedly. It was only for the year though, and soon enough, the older students will graduate and then they’ll have their turn. He could wait, but he wasn’t so sure how patient Ronna could be.

Gryffindor Table
tired, ever curious…
Gryffindor Pride

User Image User Image

mc2

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:45 pm
User ImageUser Image

➳ ➳ ➳

➳ ➳ ➳

Yeah... he didn't have to bring THAT up.

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna shrugged and glanced away tucking some of her hair behind her ear, "Yeah, well... I'm not here to talk about that."

Glancing back at him she said bluntly, "Upperclassmen can have their own brooms. And I noticed you were the only upperclassman at tryouts on a school broom. And, quite frankly school brooms suck. I bought a broom for two reasons this year: advance flying class and quidditch. Obviously the second one won't work out for me. Advance Flying is only once a week..."

She took a deep breath, "I mean my broom isn't new or anything but it is a hundred times better than the school brooms... for practices and games you can use my broom. Of course if I see a single scratch on my broom you'll wake up with tarantulas in your bed, but I figure it's my way of supporting the team from the sidelines."

"Oh and I'll kill you if you tell Elli," Ronna added with a smile. "I doubt she's observant enough to catch on."

User Image

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:42 pm

Christian Barrett

User Image

Crash

His lips twisted up to the side, pursed tight as he bit back something stupid from falling off his tongue. Ow! He thought, eyes blinking rapidly as he realized he just drew blood on his tongue from biting it back so hard. He ruffled the sloppy blonde hair at the back of his head, feeling nervous for some reason, but he wasn’t quite sure why just yet. He’d figure it out eventually though… maybe. He was still bracing himself for whatever Ronna had to say next, whether she’d blow off the conversation entirely or not, but he certainly wasn’t expecting to hear… that! He blinked again, it seemed to be the only thing he was good at these days. He could feel a piece of his scrambled eggs hanging out of his mouth while the lame echo slipped past his lips, ”uuhhhh….” Crash fidgeted, his chocolate eyes immediately diverted to the food on his plate as he pushed it around it uselessly.

Quick, sneaking glances darted up to look at her, to see the small smile on her face, and that just made it all the more worse. He knew he should thank her, why wouldn’t he? But, but, he didn’t feel right about it. It was already bad enough that he only joined the team to try to get closer to her, but to make it when she didn’t, and now… this? ”Who told you?” He wondered, his brows furrowed and confused and shadowed with inquisition. ”Who told you? Was it Steffi? Or Luke? How long did you know? You don’t… have to feel guilty about it or anything, I mean..” He was stuttering now, rambling on, shifting nervously. ”It’s not so bad being an orphan…” He shrugged, searching her face for some sort of reaction, wondering if she might glance over at who it was that told her. He didn’t want her to know…. At least… not now… And now she was trying to hide that she knew it, and try to help him without him knowing it? He didn’t need help, and anyway, it’s supposed to be the other way around, isn’t it? Isn’t he supposed to be the one helping her? Or is that just sexist? Why is this so hard…, he thought.

Gryffindor Table
alert, nervous, and flustered…
Gryffindor Pride

User Image User Image

mc2

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:04 pm
User ImageUser Image

➳ ➳ ➳

➳ ➳ ➳

What?!

➳ ➳ ➳

"What are you talking about? I merely noticed you didn't have your own broom," Ronna snapped back. "Look, I'm observant. My Dad's a cop, he taught me to be observant and notice things. He taught me how to properly punch someone at three and I can also tell when someone is lying if their a bad liar if you really want to know but that isn't the point."

She leaned forward and hissed, "I'm not doing this because I feel guilty Christian Barrett, I'm doing this to help someone out. Like I said I'll only need the broom once a week and no one will know unless you tell them because I sure as Hell am not going to tell them."

"Honestly, I didn't even know about your family situation until you told me it, probably like you don't know mine," Ronna said, eyes narrowed. "Ever wonder why I only speak about my Dad, Crash? It's because my mother walked out on Dad and me before I was even one and sent my Dad divorce papers by post."

Taking a deep breath she took a sip of her coffee, waiting for Crash's response. The situation was about hundred times more awkward than she had expected.

User Image

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:27 pm

Christian Barrett

User Image

Crash

”I—“ Crash wanted to cut her off, he knew he couldn’t even if he tried. He blinked back the hazy gloss from his eyes, that same doleful stare he had when he wasn’t exactly all here, but somewhere else, somewhere, different. It was hard to fight the temptation; the instinct to run had been imbedded in him from a young child. He wasn’t stupid, he knew a fight he couldn’t win, and it just so happened that, lately, he was judging everything to be an impossible fight, a gamble against all odds. How else could he feel? But she snapped back like he knew she would, it was what she said that was still a surprise, because it always was with her. Even if he felt like he could guess, she always threw another curveball at him. He shuffled in his seat, feeling more uncomfortable by the minute. He played with his food nervous, a little jealous even, but only almost, and he continued to stab the prongs of his fork into his slaughtered eggs, until the tiny pieces were even tinier and tinier. ”…oh.”

It seemed like the only appropriate thing he could say, and he frowned at that. Finally, after too long, it seemed, he finally spoke up, soft and earnest. ”I’m sorry…” Crash stared intently into his bacon, not raising his eyes, he didn’t want to. It wouldn’t help him, he knew it wouldn’t. He’d probably stutter, or say something even worse. Especially since he’d always wondered about her mother but never had the guts to ask her about it, because he didn’t want to deal with the reciprocal situation. He didn’t want to answer the question. ”I…”

“I didn’t know.”

Gryffindor Table
sad, nervous, and flustered…
Gryffindor Pride

User Image User Image

mc2

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:46 pm
User ImageUser Image

➳ ➳ ➳

➳ ➳ ➳

He's sorry? Great balls of furry...

➳ ➳ ➳

"You can't miss something you never really had," Ronna said bluntly, referring to her mother. "I want pity probably just as much as you do."

She sighed and said, "About the broom... do you want to take me up on my offer? We can meet in private and switch it off when you need it or I can sneak into the boys dormitory or something..." She stared intently at Crash, expecting an answer. While Crash avoided looking at her and playing with his food, frowning and uncomfortable, Ronna rushed in. So she might have lied a bit about her mother, she had been forced to hear the gossip in the town about her mother as a child and it had bothered her, and her father obviously wasn't over it yet, but she didn't want to act like it bothered her.

As she watched Crash she took another sip of her coffee enjoying the smell and bitter taste. She hoped he would take her offer. She hoped he wouldn't get scared off by her bluntness. And she hoped to move forward from this. Honestly, she was a bit surprised to find out he was an orphan, but then again it explained a lot. She just wasn't the type to pry into people's private lives when it didn't concern her or it would be considered rude.

User Image

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:09 pm

Christian Barrett

User Image

Crash

”Oh,” he said softly, instinctively. ”Yeah.” Crash agreed; what else could he have done? He still felt uncomfortable, and his sheepish stature wasn’t quite used to this timid nature. But he’d never really knew how to act around girls, they were so complicated! He could compliment them, and they would get mad, he could insult them, and they’d be even madder! He could apologize, but, hell, they’d still be mad about the way he apologized! He wanted to groan, and growl, and pout, and argue, and do anything to make this somehow easier! But he knew it wouldn’t, that was just wishful thinking.

”Hey, look, I’m sorry—I guess I never exactly got used to it… but it’s whatever.” He shrugged, waving his hand in nonchalance to down play how much it really bothered him. ”But, I mean, if you would let me, I guess, I mean, erm, sure?” He cocked a half smile, chocolate eyes wet and twinkling. ”That’d be awesome—

“Are you sure you want to try sneaking up there? I mean, it gets pretty crazy in there at nights, chocolate frog races, and some of the upperclassmen can jack some fire whiskey from Hogsmeade and they’ll sneak it in sometimes.”
He grinned, and it was hard to tell if he was being serious, or just joking. ”Then the prefects show up, and, hell, they’re the crazy ones, chasing each other out the showers ‘cuz o’ portable swamps, an’ self-propelling custard pies.” Whether or not if he was stretching the truth just a bit, it was certainly more interesting than trying not to be an awkward little speck in the universe.

Gryffindor Table
nervous, and flustered…
Gryffindor Pride

User Image User Image

mc2

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:38 pm
User ImageUser Image

➳ ➳ ➳

➳ ➳ ➳

Hmm... looks like being orphaned bothers him still, but it isn't my business to pry so I won't.

➳ ➳ ➳

"Good, then it is a deal," Ronna said with a smile ignoring that she noticed he seemed bothered by the fact he was orphaned. She then added, "And you don't think I can handle you guys? I was pretty much raised by a bachelor. And, God, you were almost in tears over two bludger hits by a girl did. Meanwhile, I coughed up blood and you didn't see me shed any tears. I think I can handle myself."

She shrugged and tossed some of her hair over her shoulders, "Besides, you think I'd be dumb enough to actually get caught if I went into the boys dormitory. I mean it isn't against the rules but God that would bring up some awkward questions now wouldn't it?"

"Anyhow, if you are so worried about protecting me from your 'frat' house shenanigans," Ronna said, "You can name some place we could trade off the broom without anyone noticing."

User Image

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:40 pm

Christian Barrett

User Image

Crash

Her quick smile and deliberate words soothed the wrinkled thoughts in his mind. They were still frayed, burnt at the edges, but fading. His lips had mustered up into a small smile, weak at first, but it grew with her every word. And it wasn’t until that she had called him out for nearly crying during the tryouts that he had completely forgotten every insecurity, puffed out his chest and straightened his posture to inch just a little bit taller. ”Hey, hey, hey! Woah! Crying? Who said I was crying? I wasn’t crying! I had dust in my eyes! Yeah, dust! I mean, c’mon! It was windy that day!” His smile broke out into a grin. Sure, he was completely and entirely lying, but he’d never admit it! Even if she could see right through him, he’d deny it to the end! He may not be in America anymore, but everyone’s innocent until proven guilty! Right!?

”Hahaha, yeah I could just see it now! Poor little traumatized Ronna running down the staircase with a pair of boxers thrown at your head.” He paused to smirk, but a lopsided grin had stolen him again. ”Well, there is a broom closet. I could just meet you there, or, y’know, you could leave it there? But I wouldn’t feel so safe just leaving stuff around, so, we can just meet there?” He shrugged his shoulders. It seemed like as good a place as any, and if anyone ever stumbled on them, they always had the excuse of ‘oh, we’re just looking for her broom,’ or something.

Not that he’d know why they might have to say it, but, the smallest part of him, in the wee corners in the back of his mind, had already decided to plan this out in its entirety, just in case.

Gryffindor Table
joyous, and flustered…
Gryffindor Pride

User Image User Image

mc2

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:55 am
User ImageUser Image

➳ ➳ ➳

➳ ➳ ➳

God... I've done laundry when I'm back home for Dad and me for the past few years... that's the best he can come up with.

➳ ➳ ➳

"Dust in your eye?" Ronna said with a raised brow, "That's the oldest lie in the book. At least make me have to work on telling whether you are lying or not."

"And 'poor little'? Seriously? I'm only a year younger than you and only an inch and a half shorter than you at best," Ronna added, shaking her head. She glanced down at her cup of coffee which had been empty a second ago but had refilled itself. Smiling she took another sip, "Yeah, not leaving my broom in the broom closet, but meeting there sounds fine."

She grabbed a plate and a scone deciding a breakfast only of coffee was unhealthy. Glancing away she said changing the subject suddenly-considering that being in an orphanage all summer must suck and that she was bored summers anyways..., "Oh and Crash... I know this is a bit premature but if you want you could stay at my place over the summer. It would be quieter to study and I get bored out of my mind over the summers. I mean Dad would make you sleep on the couch and probably interrogate you to no end in the beginning... and you totally need to learn to lie better, because, if Dad finds out about my detention first year, and the fact I did Quidditch as a beater no less, he'll lock me in my room all summer and make me read etiquette books or something."

User Image

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:00 am

Christian Barrett

User Image

Crash

”Yeah, yeah,” his lopsided grin shifted into a small smirk as he waved his hands nonchalantly. It wasn’t as if it mattered to him if he had been caught lying, it wasn’t like it was anything important, anyway. When she began to argue back just for the sake of arguing, he laughed. ”Yeah, but you’re a girl, in a few years I’ll be taller than you and then we’ll be saying what’s what.” He laughed again, pausing to take a drink of pumpkin juice. When the plans were made to meet at the broom closet (which, come to think of it, sounded a little racier than he would have implied it to mean,) Crash nodded his head to affirm their decision and his cheeks burned with the barest shade of rouge. He paused to nibble on his bacon, the grease rolling down his fingers as he neglected to use any form of silverware throughout the entirety of his meal, except maybe to butter his toast. He plucked a sausage from the tray carefully and tore into it with jagged teeth.

”Huh?” He mumbled, the cooked meat still being chewed as she began her question. When she finished, he blinked. His food felt like it was lodged in his throat, like it was stuck, and he had to force it down with a loud gulp. ”Um… are you sure your Dad will be cool with that? I mean..” He paused and gestured down to himself: the perfect idealist American degenerate with tattoos a young boy his age shouldn’t have (or shouldn’t even know anyone to break the rules and do it in the first place.) ”I’m not exactly the kind of guy every dad wants to see their daughter bring home…I’m more like the guy that they chase out with their shotguns loaded.” He laughed awkwardly. ”I mean… if you think he’d be cool with it… Then, I mean… Sure? That’d be awesome, but, what if he tries to kill me?

“And I can totally lie, by the way, just, not about little things,”
he shrugged. He was kind of lying when he said that, because it totally depended on who he was lying too, and not what he was lying about. But he wasn’t going to actually tell her that. He just hoped she didn’t notice his eye twitch to the right a little bit.

Gryffindor Table
awkwardly flustered…
Gryffindor Pride

User Image User Image

mc2

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:08 pm
User ImageUser Image

➳ ➳ ➳

➳ ➳ ➳

Really, does he think girls can't sometimes be taller than guys? I'm taller than plenty of the guys in my class.

➳ ➳ ➳

"My Dad is 6'3"," Ronna said with a shrug, "It is quite likely I'll be tall too. Girls can be taller than guys after all."

She glanced at him as she munched on her scone and said, "But more seriously, I'll just use gender neutrals to tell Dad I have a friend I want to bring over for the summer. He'll agree to it and then when you show up it is too late because he gave his word. Dad's all about keeping promises." She glanced away blushing at the image of her Dad chasing Crash out of the house with a shotgun loaded-it wasn't like Crash and her were in that kind of relationship.

She glanced back and added, "And, no, he totally won't be cool with it, but I've got him trapped so what can he do? He gave his word a friend can stay over for the summer. And God, my Dad is a cop he wouldn't threaten to shoot you: that's illegal. He's more likely to threaten to arrest you and accidentally drop you a few times on the pavement on the way to the patrol car. Don't be so over-dramatic."

User Image

Essy ze Ninja

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 189 190 191 192 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games