Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Daily Rant (A Conservative hangout)

Back to Guilds

A guild for Conservatives to rant their heart out! 

Tags: Conservative, Rant, Republican, Hangout 

Reply Debates
gay rights

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you think that gays should have the same rights that we do?
  yes
  no
  maybe
View Results

Princess Khalida

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:52 pm
men frown upon male gays being togather, but love it when female gays are togather. moste females could care less as long as there is no hot, steamy PDA going on.
gays shiuld have as manny rights as we straights have. it is abhorrible that we judge and riticule them for being themselves. they are normal human beings with human fealings and thoughts, and yes i know that some of you don't agree with me on theise points, but (as hard as it may seem to beleive) thay are true points none the less.
i see the effects of peoples iggnorance every day. my friend constentley gets kicked out of class, and for just raising his hand to answer a question. the best part is, the school board dose nothing about it! or better yet a girl that i talk to a lot on the internet, and is a close friend couldn't get a scolership because she is lesbian! now where is the justice in that?! she had a 4.0 GPA and was valadictorian but couldn't get a scholarship because she is a lesbian.
there are tests that prove that in a way boys and girls are almoste exactley the same, exept for one thing, part of a chromosome dosen't leave from the boy when he is almoste at full term, its a natural birth defect but that says we are all gay, in one way or another. now i'm not saying the previous to hurt anyones male pride. but i would love to debate someone on the opposition  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:15 pm
I have to comment on this. =)
i know you want to debate, but I actually do somewhat agree with you! There should be no discrimination against Gays and Lesbians. I think it is ridiculous what is happening with your friends.

As for the whole marriage thingy? I don't know what to think of that to be honest. But I do agree that this whole discrimination thing should be stopped.

Lyssiii
Captain

Excitable Member

4,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Consumer 100

nobodyimportant1289
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:34 am
Ugh, anothe rone of my most hated debates...but, I'll give it a shot...xD

For me it all depends.
When it comes to school I believe Gays should not be thrown out or treated unfairly. But, this is probably most likely done at Religious schools who have a certain belief about Gays and Gay Rights. I'm not saying what the schools do is okay by the way, that is discrimination and it should be stopped.
Second,
I am a proud Yes on 8 supporter and have voted against Gay Marriage. This in turn has earned me titles, such as 'anti-Gay bigot' and 'Homophobe'. I can tell you truthfully that I am none of these things.
But, when it comes to Marriage. Marriage, in my own opinion, should only be between a man and woman.
Other than that, there's not really much for me to complain about.
Lol.

Have a wonderful day and keep up the debates.

Debates

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games