Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Magic is evil? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

random poll
  purple ice cream
  legend of zelda!
  meh
  **GOLD** muhaha!!
View Results

Beelzebunz

Tipsy Poster

6,600 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:46 am
If you really do take what is said in the bible as truth, then God is a sick murderer who lets bears mull children because they made fun of him for being bald. Also you would believe that stoning a woman is justified by god, if she has fornicated, you can even stone a child under the right circumstances. You would also believe that cursing another person is a sick injustice against god, unless of course he is the one you are asking to curse someone. It would also suggest that a real blessing is wealth, and anything else is secondary. Whether it's a curse or blessing, no matter it's real value, as long as you are asking it from god, it is holy and cannot be questioned. What determines something holiness is who you ask to do it, not its moral value.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:12 pm
CemeteryPirate
Why do so many people fear that practicing magic is evil and worthy of eternal punishment???
and exactly what about it do they think is so evil?
the church they worship will infinitely spank them if they try magic lol

its simple, they fear it because that fear passed on from the kept history they were taught, like salem witch trials, or w/e else, how the church punished them. But u dont see people saying all sorts of native americans or w/e else are all going to be eternally punished either lol  

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

Ren LehCrow

Amorous Lovergirl

7,100 Points
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Knight 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:22 am
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
its simple, they fear it because that fear passed on from the kept history they were taught, like salem witch trials, or w/e else, how the church punished them. But u dont see people saying all sorts of native americans or w/e else are all going to be eternally punished either lol

The Salem Witch Trials had nothing to do with magic or witchcraft. It was just a smoke-screen to push political agendas and steal land without getting caught.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:29 am
Ren LehCrow
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu

The Salem Witch Trials had nothing to do with magic or witchcraft. It was just a smoke-screen to push political agendas and steal land without getting caught.
people could be afraid of prosecution though from that. Subconciously perhaps. Because ya know all the people who didnt fight for the 'witches' in those trials? razz Its just like why people are afraid to be communists lol  

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

Ren LehCrow

Amorous Lovergirl

7,100 Points
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Knight 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:27 am
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Ren LehCrow
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu

people could be afraid of prosecution though from that. Subconciously perhaps. Because ya know all the people who didnt fight for the 'witches' in those trials? razz Its just like why people are afraid to be communists lol

This is a valid point, but I don't think its directly related to my original statement. neutral Please don't turn the conversation onto a tangent.

Yes, people didn't stand up for those accused because they were afraid of being accused themselves. But that doesn't change the fact that the Witch Trials had nothing to do with witchcraft. It was a legal way for people to steal their neighbors land without fear of the law.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:40 am
i was always under the assumption that the church wanted to be in control, and if everyone was finding their own salvation through magic then there would be no need for church.  

Kuroitchi

Gandalf_the_Girl

3,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:35 pm
MikePlusPlus
From my very...limited...understanding of magic and the forces behind it, it seems a bit like a computer to me.

Our universe is a giant computer, the various planes of existence are like folders, and the matter within these planes of existence are like files, written in lines of complex code.

From the point of view of religions such as Christianity, using magic is like going into the code yourself and altering it, or having an entity that has some experience with this "code" make changes to it. On the other hand, religions see prayer and other divine interventionny things like going straight to the manufacturer of the computer and asking them to fix stuff.

As I said before, I don't know much and all the stuff I wrote is primarily theoretical and stuff, but it might explain why some people are so nervous about magic: because to them it makes sense to talk to the manufacturer.

I absolutely LOVE how you put that!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:54 pm
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
CemeteryPirate
Why do so many people fear that practicing magic is evil and worthy of eternal punishment???
and exactly what about it do they think is so evil?[/quote

But u dont see people saying all sorts of native americans or w/e else are all going to be eternally punished either lol

Ok, I have something that doesn't exactly say different from that, but.....kind of inline with it, I suppose. Anyhow, I actually watched this video on the internet where the woman "teaching" was putting Native American religion in to her "from Satan" bucket. She pointed out (and showed) some picture of a Hopi petroglyph and the dark, shadowy figures therein and said they were demons.

I'm actually pretty sure she wasn't trying to be nasty in her video with all her inaccuracies and such, but the fact that she said her information came from her research, I can only imagine that she researched pagan religions and things and...when she started to see the parallels between them and Christianity, she freaked out and couln't handle the possibility to the point that she just moved some things around to put her own mind at ease. Or, atleast that's my opinion on what happened. Well, ....maybe not with the Native American/petroglyph part...maybe...but, I think atleast for other things in her video.

Gandalf_the_Girl

3,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Breakfast Sex

Romantic Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:05 am
People fear things they don't understand... stare

that and stuff people get told from by the church itself...  
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff