Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Geezerville ~ RP's
Aqua Springs ~ ART GALLERY OPEN! ~ Geezerville Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 469 470 471 472 473 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should Art Nights be moved to Fridays?
  Yes
  No
  Doesn't matter
  I just want gold
View Results

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:49 pm
Ow, ow... >< *rubs her ear with her free hand* He's got a strong grip!

*shivers a little at the sound of the rattle* Where... where did that come from? cat_surprised *stares at it, finding the sound strangely soothing*  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:35 pm
Strong grip indeed. gonk It's like a vice. Miro doesn't know how it's even possible gonk

:: shakes the rattle again as Morion holds it ::

:: pulls it away from the milk machine, giving her a death glare. evil It's HIS precious. HIS and HIS alone evil Precious... ::

:: just smiles at her son and rubs the top of his head... which is actually fun to pet sometimes because he's got a little fuzz. ninja Maybe he'll be soft and cuddly like his daddy surprised ::

Oh, Morion gotted this as a Frostfell gift from dark mistress lady person 3nodding She watched over him while Miro went and got uncursed and she was nice enough to give him a proper Frostfell in the meantime 3nodding Think she said something about demon cake lady being involved with it somehow confused In any case, it's been a godsend sweatdrop Anytime he acts up, Miro just pulls out the rattle and he's calmed down in an instant 3nodding

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:25 pm
*takes a moment to realize that by Frostfell, Miro probably means Christmas* Yes, he is... I can see why. *pauses as Morion shakes the rattle again* It must be really helpful to you.

*jumps up and sits on top of Kits' head*

Mwee, don't. cat_neutral *pushes the dragon off* You know I don't like that.

*hovers just above Kits instead*

So, Miro, about your job here... I'm guessing Attis came and told you that we had to take you off payroll because you were gone so long.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:51 am
gonk Miro didn't mean to be gone that long gonk And Miro was doing her job when big meanie head came in and said she was fired gonk crying You would think if he was going to fire Miro, it would be when Miro wasn't doing her job rather than when Miro was doing her job crying Miro at least gotted some monies from Norrath while she was there to get uncursed, but it's not going to last her forevers crying And Morion needs so much stuffses sometimes crying  

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:35 pm
I know you didn't, Miro. But you were fired when you weren't here, we just couldn't tell you because you weren't here. *shifts Morion slightly so he's resting on her hip more* But... you're lucky, and the pet spa is actually really shorthanded now. cat_sweatdrop I've only found one person recently that I thought would fit in there.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:34 am
((Should this scene be considered closed out now since it's been so long or should Miro reply still so it can be wrapped up properly?))  

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:20 pm
((Let's just consider it finished, since it's been so long. The important part of the scene is that Miro's got her job back, and that's pretty much established already.))  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:38 pm
*walks out of the room where they're starting to set up the daycare center. It shared a wall with the pet spa's kitchen, so it had been easy to cut a new door for access. Another door had been cut in the outer wall to a fenced area outside, which joined to the fence of the pet spa's yard so that kids playing outside could see the animals. Attis had handled most of the work of setting up the daycare room, making sure they could handle a variety of ages, and had arranged interviews for several new employees to staff the daycare by the time Kits got back in town*

I think we're all set here. We just need to finish the hiring process, and let them do a last check before we let the staff start bringing their kids in. *smiles at Attis* You really did do a great job here, you know. I'm impressed.

Thanks... Actually, I had a personal reason for wanting everything right. I've got a two-year-old daughter who lives across town with her mother, and I'd like to be able to bring her here with me.

Of course you can bring her! *closes the door to the daycare* You did post the flyers around the employee areas, right? We want to make sure people know when we'll be opening the center.

*nods* I did that a couple of days ago.

Good. Why don't you go home and get some rest? I know you've been working hard on this. I don't remember if you were working tomorrow or not, but if you want, you can take the day off.

*gives her a grateful smile* Thanks, Kits. *turns to walk away*

*watches him go, then goes through the door to the pet spa*

*seeing Kits, flies up to her* blaugh

Hi Cecil. *holds her hand out for him to land on, pets him and transfers him to her shoulder. He perches there, gripping the loose weave of her cardigan. Kits sits on the floor near a group of animals that are playing and tosses a toy for them. A black grunny hops up and sits on her lap, and she smiles as she pets it* I've never seen a black grunny before. Just green and purple.  

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:06 pm
*puts the finishing touches on the decorations for the egg hunt taking place the next morning* There. Now, as long as the weather holds, we'll be ready. *yawns and stretches* I'm glad, that means I can go to bed. *waves to the staff members who stayed to help set up* Good night, everyone!

*turns around and almost trips over something black that she'd taken for a shadow* Huh? What? *realizes it's the black grunny from the pet spa the other day* You again? Oh... there's another one too. A gold grunny... cat_confused Where are these things coming from?

*starts walking home, unaware that the two grunnies are silently following her*  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:36 am
:: since around Easter, it's been grunny mania in the pet spa eek At first Miro thought it was cute when more started showing up, and she certainly had no problem playing with them blaugh But over time, more people were starting to bring them in and never come back for them confused And more than once, staff members have found them in the garbage when they went to take out the trash.

It's uncertain how this grunny thing started, but somehow or another they were going to have to figure out what to do with them. They're not a shelter and don't have the means to take care of all of them forever... ::

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:42 pm
*standing outside the fence around the pool deck, Kits watches the reflection of the lights on the water* Well, it's a little bit late, but we've finally got the pool ready to open tomorrow. *smiles at Silver and Gwee, who are next to her* Your pool will be open too. I bet you guys are going to like that. cat_xd

*turns and finds three grunnies staring at her. She recognizes the green, black, and gold ones that have been hanging around her house and following her to work most days* You again? *sighs* Guess I should just give up and accept the fact that you're not going to leave. I really did not need any more pets. cat_neutral At least you've been staying outside, and feeding yourselves. *bends over and pats the green grunny on it's head* All right, just a few more things to do, then I can go home.

*starts walking inside, still talking, more to herself than the dragons at this point* I've got to figure out what to do with those grunnies in the pet spa. We can't keep taking care of them when people don't come back to get them. cat_stare Maybe I should call around to the local shelters and see what they say. *opens her office door and sees the time* Er... tomorrow. cat_sweatdrop I didn't know it was that late.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:46 am
:: with Morion becoming more rebellious and flat out refusing to sleep at night now, Miro volunteered to take a night shift position at the spa to accommodate his schedule. Some of her coworkers at the spa tried to talk her out of it, saying that she just needed to be firmer with her son instead of letting him have his way, but the bonus for working nights convinced her otherwise ninja Formerly they didn't need night shift people for the spa because it was closed at that time, but with the grunnies running amok, someone had to be there to look after things until they were transferred to a shelter. At least they didn't seem to be getting any more for the time being sweatdrop

The daycare still closed at night, but since there wasn't a lot of options available to her, she was allowed to have Morion in the spa with her. It wasn't like she hadn't done that for a while anyway during normal hours before the daycare was opened ninja Not all of the grunnies were nocturnal either, so overall it was pretty simple work with the only downsides being the hours and the lack of people. Some people thought it would be too creepy to be there by themselves at night, but it wasn't that bad. There was still a security guard patrolling the place, and every now and then, the night shift guy working the lounge's food counter would stop in to have lunch with her or vice versa. Plus she had Morion there to keep her plenty busy if the grunnies didn't want to play. 3nodding

She did feel kind of bad that Morion was no longer getting that interaction with other kids, though... especially after one of the daycare workers expressed concern that he wasn't getting along very well with others and mostly isolated himself. She tried talking to him about it, but the reason he gave her was always the same.
"They're all dumb" He never explained any further than that, but given that high elves generally start out with higher intelligence than humans, it wouldn't surprise her if he felt the other children were less developed than him. It's part of how high elves got the reputation of being snooty in the first place sweatdrop Somehow she was going to have to figure out a way to curb that developing superiority complex and teach him to get along with others.

Just as she had gotten the last grunny to fall asleep for an after lunch nap, the phone in the spa suddenly rang. eek She glanced around in a panic, thinking she was going to have get all of them back to sleep, but not one moved a muscle. confused It was a confusing relief, but relief none-the-less as she then stood to go answer it. ::

Hello~ Gwee's Pet Spa at Aqua Springs. How may Miro assist you? 4laugh

Wait, you're still there? The hell you doing up at this hour?

:: The cleric furrows her brow at the answer she gets. Not only was it odd, but the voice seemed familiar and she couldn't immediately place it... ::

Ano... why did you call if you didn't think anyone would be here? sweatdrop

Figured I'd leave a voicemail asking where your house was or at least your personal number. Didn't think I'd actually get you.
.... confused sweatdrop
Okie creepy stalker man. Miro is going to hang up now... sweatdrop

No no! Wait! Mir, it's me! Draa! Don't hang up yet gonk

:: she freezes. It couldn't be.. could it? After all this time...
It did explain why the voice was familiar. In hindsight, the fact that it was very similar to Tes' should have tipped her off ::
Draa? Is that really you? emotion_kirakira

No, I'm some bum down the street trying to get in your panties. Of course it's me stressed
That's not very reassuring...
It was a joke, Mir emotion_facepalm Listen, I've got a favor to ask. Long story short, some s**t happened and I need a place to stay. I already tried Tes and Ry, but they're not answering their phones and I don't wanna know what they're doing to keep them that busy talk2hand
redface It is kind of rainy season, so Miro thinks she has a good idea... redface
Exactly, which means I probably wouldn't want to be there anyway. rolleyes My memories from Vass are hazy at best, but I think I recall that house of yours having an extra room? Figure if I just stick to myself in there and stay out of your way, wouldn't be a big deal.
:: her face turns beet red at the thought of him having Vass' memories, considering how things between the two of them developed :: redface
Y-yeah... I guess.. redface S-so should I just give you my address...?

Yeah, I'll just get something to write on real quick...

... no wait...

Actually... could you meet me at the new MW instead?

I'm kind of still working now, but the morning people should be coming in soon...
That's fine. I'll just hang around here for a while until your shift ends and we'll meet up after.
Okies~
Oh and Mir...
.... don't freak out. :: hangs up ::

confused :: She's not sure what he meant by that, nor why he'd rather her go all that way to another town instead of coming here, but the excitement of him being alive and getting to see him again is enough for her to not care so much about the details. ::  

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:47 am
:: as soon as the first morning shift person shows up at the spa, Miro clocks out, even though technically her shift is supposed to overlap the next person's for a while longer sweatdrop It's probably not the wisest decision on her part given that she was still trying to make up for all that time she was gone and prove herself trustworthy, but... but... Draa ninja

After getting Morion all set up in his stroller, she waves her farewells to the morning crew that are slowly filtering in as she skips off ::

Come on, Mori. Let's go see Daddy 4laugh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:01 pm
:: calls in sick, giving an estimated week before she can come back in. She's not really supposed to do last minute leave on the night shift because there isn't anyone readily available to take her place, but the constant sniffling and the fact that her voice is an entire octave lower gives her story of being very ill some credibility ::  

MiroIsBored

Adorable Cleric

Kits Rose

Feline Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:56 pm
*wanders around the lounge, pausing to stare out the window at the rain splashing off the surface of the pool. A flash of lightning illuminates the grounds, and Kits turns away with a sigh* Nobody's here... not that it's ever busy at this time of night anyway.

*walks past a table, noticing a few magazines and other papers that people have left behind spread out over it. She starts to sort them, stack the ones that she'll hang onto for others neatly, pausing when she sees something that looks different* Huh... that looks like Tes. cat_confused Wait, no, it's Draa. *opens the cover* That's Tes. cat_surprised cat_redface *sits on the nearest couch to read*  
Geezerville ~ RP's

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 469 470 471 472 473 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff