Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Definition of Pagan Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think of the definition?
  Its' fine the way it is.
  It needs something put in (more in post)
  It needs something taken out (more in post)
  The whole thing needs a complete makeover
View Results

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:01 pm
TheDisreputableDog
Gingerbread . Coffin
There's of course, Christian Pagans.
"Christian Pagans" strikes me as kind of an oxymoron. Is it? (I don't mean someone who has respect for his upbringing and his family's religion, or someone who is forced to go to church until she can get out of the house and hates it.)

TeaDidikai
That pretty much places people like Tsuzuki clearly out of Paganism
I wonder, does Tsuzuki consider himself pagan? Chaos Magic doesn't seem to really...I mean, saying you're a Christian Chaos Mage is like saying you're a Christian accountant, almost, right? Or is he hermetic?

confused Gosh. I need to take a break and look more of this stuff up; also remember better what people are. Apologies. sweatdrop I'm not myself this week.
He does not call himself Pagan. He and I have tussled playfully over that fact.

Orion-Blacknuckle
So far, none of these definitions really seem to help define the word 'Pagan' at all. Paganism is such a wide-spread and diverse belief that it can't be pinned down so easily. Is it just someone who believes in magic? Probably not, because I'm sure there are Jews, Christians, Hindus, etc. who believe in that sort of thing.

Then what exactly? I myself choose to believe in what feels right to me. I can't say I've studied most of the topics all of you are speaking about, but what I can say is that most of the lists I've read include dozens of other religions and faiths.

What about the various faiths that came about from the Native American cultures and tribes, or the aborriginal people in Australia, or even those in Africa? Do we call them Pagan too? By Christian term, Paganism is just about anything BUT Christianity. On that account, I might be a bit foggy.

Feel free to yell at my ignorance, supply me with corrections, or do anything else that you see fit to stop this FB from going on any further.
Kiddo- you're not willfully ignorant. You don't need to be made into soup.

I would ask "Why does Pagan cover such a vast spectrum?" The answer in my book is pretty simple. The word was used by one group to speak about everyone else.

Yeah- it means that should people want to know more about you, they have to ask more questions. Big deal. I find that better than trying to come up for an accurate term that includes all Recon Faiths, all Polytheistic Modern Religions, etc... while excluding those we personally do not agree with.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:51 pm
Yeah, in the end, if we named everything, we'd be lost in a sea of terms and definitions for things that probably really don't mean anything.  

Orion-Blacknuckle

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:00 pm
Orion-Blacknuckle
Yeah, in the end, if we named everything, we'd be lost in a sea of terms and definitions for things that probably really don't mean anything.
Well, not so much. People have names for their faith. It's just that the Pagan scene is not as united in doctrine as the Christians and what not.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:41 pm
Orion-Blacknuckle

Would you care to elaborate on this somewhat? If you deem it has nothing to do with the topic, then we can veer away from it and get back on track.

Sure.  

Gideon Starorzewski

Tsuzuki

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:53 pm
Let it be known that for the duration of this semester I am officially a pagan on Wednesdays from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm and Fridays from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm pacific time. (That's when my college club meets.)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:39 pm
Tsuzuki
Let it be known that for the duration of this semester I am officially a pagan on Wednesdays from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm and Fridays from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm pacific time. (That's when my college club meets.)
See kiddies! The Pagan agenda to use any means needed to corrupt the innocent Christians is working!

We'll beat that Damn Potter Boy in the quota race yet!  

TeaDidikai

Tsuzuki

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:54 pm
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki
See kiddies! The Pagan agenda to use any means needed to corrupt the innocent Christians is working!
Or it could be the other way around. It's not every pagan club that has a self-declared Christian as their official librarian. ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:12 pm
Tsuzuki
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki
Or it could be the other way around. It's not every pagan club that has a self-declared Christian as their official librarian. ninja
Shhhh! Stop it. I really want to put Rowling in her place damn it!  

TeaDidikai

wicked_faery

Fashionable Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:58 pm
i think the deffinition of pagan is fine...there will never be a perfect deffinition because there's no perfect deffinition of the belief. there are too many kinds of pagans to have 1 deffinition that works perfectly for any of them.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:02 pm
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki

& what does that mean? J.K.Rowling is a writer. she's writes 1 fantasy series & ppl have to ridicule her as being a fraud or what have u? it's like hell if ur gonna go after her u might as well go after J.R.R. Tolkien for his novels. & for every other writer that writes fantasy. let them be & leave then out of discussions in that way. they don't deserve to be ridiculed for writing fansiful stories for entertainment.  

wicked_faery

Fashionable Phantom

8,200 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200

Orion-Blacknuckle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:23 pm
W_F, I believe that they were kidding..  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:47 pm
wicked_faery
i think the deffinition of pagan is fine...there will never be a perfect deffinition because there's no perfect deffinition of the belief. there are too many kinds of pagans to have 1 deffinition that works perfectly for any of them.
Actually, as an exclusive over an inclusive term, I think Pagan has a very good defintion.

wicked_faery
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki
TeaDidikai
Tsuzuki

& what does that mean? J.K.Rowling is a writer. she's writes 1 fantasy series & ppl have to ridicule her as being a fraud or what have u? it's like hell if ur gonna go after her u might as well go after J.R.R. Tolkien for his novels. & for every other writer that writes fantasy. let them be & leave then out of discussions in that way. they don't deserve to be ridiculed for writing fansiful stories for entertainment.
eek rofl

Orion-Blacknuckle
W_F, I believe that they were kidding..
ninja  

TeaDidikai

Tsuzuki

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:50 pm
TeaDidikai
wicked_faery
Actually, as an exclusive over an inclusive term, I think Pagan has a very good defintion.
Except that it excludes me. pirate except on Wednesdays from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm and Fridays from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm pacific time  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:48 pm
Tsuzuki
TeaDidikai
wicked_faery
Except that it excludes me. pirate except on Wednesdays from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm and Fridays from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm pacific time
Which is accurate. What's your point?  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas