Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greek Mythology Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for lovers of Greek Mythology in all its rich variety. 

Tags: Greek, Greece, Classical, Mythology, Myth 

Reply Greek Mythology Guild
Monster pets! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vetkin150

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:39 am
hmmm maybe i'll go for a manticore. a lion that can fly and sting poison. its so cool biggrin it can also scratch bite with deadly fangs and claws  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:42 am
Me personaly i would like to have Cerberus (Κέρβερος), the three-headed hound who guarded the gates of Hades. He just seems so loveable.

User Image  

Dark-Hunteress Sage

Elteach

Distinct Hellraiser

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 6:00 am
I'd love to have something that could fly- either a Griffin, a Phoenix or a Pterippi.  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:49 am
I want a Nemean Kitten... But don't let Hermes hear me telling you that!  

Heracles the Great

Sphingo

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 11:52 am
I raise this question-
Do you own the monster, Or,
Does it own you? Hmm.

I want a human.
They are so underrated.
Possibly a Pygmy.  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:53 am
I want a siren to put it in my tank..
or
Maybe a.. um.. do satyrs count? No, minotaurs are better except I'll have to build a maze for it :/  

forecourts

seyer12

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:45 pm
Mylian
seyer12
well each head has it's own individual brain which increases it'e intelligence so it still makes the best pet.

So two-headed conjoined twins are smarter than a regular person because they have two brains? rolleyes

Putting more heads on a creature doesn't make it smarter any more than stapling two people with an IQ of 70 each together gives you a being with an IQ of 140.

Actuall,conjoined twins only have the one brain.But the hydra has the main head and the other ones are like extra arms or legs,they help it get more things done since the main head controls the body.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:57 pm
seyer12
Mylian
seyer12
well each head has it's own individual brain which increases it'e intelligence so it still makes the best pet.

So two-headed conjoined twins are smarter than a regular person because they have two brains? rolleyes

Putting more heads on a creature doesn't make it smarter any more than stapling two people with an IQ of 70 each together gives you a being with an IQ of 140.

Actuall,conjoined twins only have the one brain.But the hydra has the main head and the other ones are like extra arms or legs,they help it get more things done since the main head controls the body.

Having more limbs doesn't increase your intelligence though.  

Mylian

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100

seyer12

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:02 pm
Mylian
seyer12
Mylian
seyer12

okay,okay...I didn't think that through.But you do have to admit that more limbs are useful...especially if you grow two more when you lose one.That still makes the hydra the best...and I still don't get why adjoined twins only have the one brain,you would think they would have two.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:09 pm
seyer12
Mylian
seyer12
Mylian
seyer12

okay,okay...I didn't think that through.But you do have to admit that more limbs are useful...especially if you grow two more when you lose one.That still makes the hydra the best...and I still don't get why adjoined twins only have the one brain,you would think they would have two.

Conjoined twins with separate heads each have a brain, yes. My point was, it doesn't make them somehow into one person with the intelligence of two people at once. They're still two people with the intelligence of just one person each.  

Mylian

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100

seyer12

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:22 pm
Mylian
seyer12
Mylian
seyer12
Mylian
seyer12

Conjoined twins with separate heads each have a brain, yes. My point was, it doesn't make them somehow into one person with the intelligence of two people at once. They're still two people with the intelligence of just one person each.

How odd...I was told that they only have the one.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:29 pm
seyer12
Mylian
seyer12
Mylian
seyer12

If one half of a pair of conjoined twins didn't have a brain, it would be dead weight. It'd be anencephalic. It wouldn't be a person. (Don't google that term, by the way. It falls under the category of Cannot Be Unseen.)  

Mylian

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100

seyer12

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:35 pm
Mylian
seyer12
Mylian
seyer12
Mylian
seyer12

If one half of a pair of conjoined twins didn't have a brain, it would be dead weight. It'd be anencephalic. It wouldn't be a person. (Don't google that term, by the way. It falls under the category of Cannot Be Unseen.)

you know what is really odd?we humans don't use all of our brains.we only use a small segment.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:38 pm
seyer12
Mylian
seyer12
Mylian
seyer12

you know what is really odd?we humans don't use all of our brains.we only use a small segment.

Urban legend. It's not that any portion of our brain ever goes unused, it's that only some parts of it are being used at a given time.  

Mylian

Eloquent Lunatic

15,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Gender Swap 100

seyer12

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:45 pm
Mylian
seyer12
Mylian
seyer12
Mylian
seyer12

Urban legend. It's not that any portion of our brain ever goes unused, it's that only some parts of it are being used at a given time.

speaking of urban legends,I am a big fan of cryptids.The mongolian death worm,mothman,owlman,etc.  
Greek Mythology Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff