Javier Cross
HorsesOfTheNight
purplejuiceinyellowcup
.... DOES EVERYONE HATE ARES?

On Olympus he can be a sore looser and a bit narcissistic, but why do mortals these days hate him? I'm in some godly roleplays, and each time all the gods hate the god of bloodshed war. I find that Athena and some mortals should really be the ones that hate Ares..

So why does everyone hate him?

People hate Ares because he is the god of war and bloodlust. The ancient Greeks really weren't that fond of him. I also remember reading in my Classical Mythology textbook that Zeus said that Ares was"the most hated of the gods." I think it all comes down to the fact that people don't like a god that represents mindless, brutal killing on the battlefield.

But didn't his main crowning moment of awesome lie within killing the rapist who raped one of his daughters?
The Greeks in general should have been more strict on trying to prevent rapes, if you ask me(this is coming from a guy who'd understand and would not be blaming anyone for taking Poseidon over Ares or Zeus, although i'd still attempt to keep an eye on Poseidon, if i could!) so technically it was one of those very few times when Ares was in the right.
Thank you, Hermes, for adding him on the list of Papa Wolf.

That really doesn't change the fact that he is the god of bloodlust and war and that a good portion of people are not fond of either of those things.