If you're unsure about something regarding The Legend of Zelda Hangout, check this page first with our frequently asked questions (okay at least the ones I frequently am asked...). If your question is not answered feel free to pm a crew member for further clarifications.

Q: Why was I not accepted into the guild?

A: You were most likely not accepted into the guild because you did not give a reasonable statement as to why you wanted to join. We're looking for at least a sentence or two and something in legible English, not "OMG1!!!!!Q11 I LUVV LINK!!#@# <3" etc. If your request was denied try again later. We're just trying to make sure that those accepted into our community are active members of the Zelda fandom. We understand if English is not your native language and therefore have grammatical problems, etc, but please do your best.

Q: What are guild donations used for?

A: The gold donations that you submit directly to the guild through the "Donate to this Guild" button go straight into our Gaia guild account and can only be used for the purchasing of extra subforums and sending guild announcements. Guild donations are also what funded our chatroom. The Captain and crew do not have direct access to these funds (i.e. we can't just use them for whatever we want).

Q: Okay, so why do you need a separate avatar to take donations?

A: Since direct guild donations can only fund subforums and announcements (plus the chatroom which was a one-time purchase), we need another source of donations to support our annual contests and events. Please donate to Zashiye, our Captain-run Treasurer, in order to help support these in the future (we currently accept both gold and items). We honestly don't need any more gold in our guild account. If you're so kind as to donate to us, we want to be sure your donation will be used!

Q: I'm not sure which subforum is best for my topic, where should I put it?

A: Let me outline it a bit for your reference.

- General Zelda-related topic discussion threads are permitted in the main Hangout forum.
- For any threads regarding Zelda roleplays and roleplay-specific character threads, please post them in the Roleplay Madness! subforum. If you want to create a non-Zelda related roleplay in this subforum please get your idea cleared first by the Captain before posting.
- For any threads about non-game related media, such as anime, manga, cartoons, comics, movies, books, etc, please post them in the Theater and Library subforum.
- For any advertisement threads (quests, guilds, non-TLoZH roleplays, etc), off-topic chat threads (non-LoZ), and really anything else that would not fit in another subforum, please post them in the Chatterbox subforum.
- For any threads regarding fanart, fanfiction, etc, please post them in the Artist's Corner subforum.
- For any topics about specific Zelda games or game series details, including help threads and individual game discussions, or any topics about other games in general, please post them in the The Arcade subforum.
- For news topics related to Zelda and/or other game series, please post them in the The Latest in Gaming subforum.
- You may peruse the Memorable Threads subforum for reference but please DO NOT make new posts in it. They will be moved or deleted as necessary.

Please see the guideline topics in each subforum for more specific details.

Q: Why was my topic moved, deleted or locked?

A: If your topic is repetitive, relatively untouched and/or dead, it was most likely deleted. Epic or especially important threads that have been long worn out are locked and moved to the "Memorable Threads" subforum. If you created a new thread but did so in the wrong subforum then it was moved to the correct subforum. These processes are done regularly and are often unannounced.

Q: How can I become a crew member?

A: Crew members are selected by invitation only; they are chosen from the most active and responsible members of the guild. Crew members have their own set of rules to follow aside from the main ones and must remain active in the guild or risk being demoted.

Q: Who are the current crew members?

A: Please see this thread.

Q: Will I be banned for being inactive?

A: No, being regularly active is only required for crew members. We understand that you have a life outside of TLoZH and Gaia. We would love to hear from you more often than not, though!

Q: If I am banned, will it help my case to go to a Gaia moderator to get back in?

A: No. Gaia moderators set up the Gaia Guilds policies with the full understanding that the Captain and crew of the respective guild have supreme authority in all matters regarding the banning of members and other disciplinary actions. I.E. If you get banned and aren't let back in by us, the Gaia mods will not help you.

Q: I have a suggestion for the guild, can I submit it anywhere?

A: We're always happy to receive any ideas or criticism concerning TLoZH. If you've got something like that on your mind, please feel free to shoot a PM to the Captain or one of the crew members. Don't hesitate to do so, it's because of our members' ideas and support that we're still here today!

Q: Can I start my own Zelda-themed contests within this guild?

A: Depends. If you do so as a partner with this guild then yes; however, all independent contests must be conducted outside of TLoZH. You can certainly advertise your independent contest in the guild's Chatterbox. If you're interested in doing a partner contest with TLoZH please contact the Captain and/or Vice Captains.

Q: Are [.Torina.], Akeyami, and Zashiye all the same person?

A: Yes. [.Torina.] is the Captain/Zelda account, Akeyami is the personal account, and Zashiye is guild Treasurer. All accounts are owned by the same person.

Q: Who is this "Miss Link" person I keep seeing references to?

A: That's me, [.Torina.]. That was my avatar's name before I changed it to this one (let's just say that back in the day I was quite the Link fangirl XD I guess that username was one way of expressing that). The "Miss Link" on Gaia as of right now is no longer associated with me.

Q: I am a member of this guild and I requested to be [.Torina.]'s friend but was denied. Why?

A: Whether or not you are a member of this guild, you must pm me before requesting to be my friend. I like to know the person that I am accepting, and just because you joined my guild does not mean I know you.

Q: What does it mean to be a Guild Affiliate with TLoZH?

A: Generally any Zelda-related guild can be eligible to be this guild's affiliate. All that basically means is that we can form a partnership and promote each other within our own guilds. We also understand that we will not deter members from joining either of our guilds (not that we at TLoZH would ever do that anyway!). Partnership benefits can range from hosting collaboration events to mutual donation support pledges and so on.

Q: I am a Zelda-related guild Captain, how can I be an affiliate?

A: Please pm [.Torina.] to request guild affiliation. We can outline the specific terms of our partnership from there.

Q: How was the guild founded?

A: I originally created a Zelda chat thread in one of Gaia's gaming forums (though it was eventually moved to the Friends Chat subforum). It started out a bit slow, but somehow turned into a place where a lot of regular Gaians would come to talk regularly and really became a sort of hangout (this is where the guild's name came from, though it was ultimately decided by a vote). We loved the atmosphere of the place and were therefore inspired to create a guild in an attempt to extend and promote that kind of feeling - a Legend of Zelda focused, friendly and lax chatroom. The guild was created about five months after the topic was, and while the original topic has been long abandoned, you can still find it here (be warned - I was like fifteen and a rather silly teenager ^^;; ). Certain usernames you will see in that thread, even within the first ten pages of it, are still names you might recognize around here; examples being Momcilo, Kaze no Takuto, and Twilight Vestige (Kloa). Our Vice Captain, Meizzkey, is one of the original members from that thread, though back then she had a different avatar and username (one of several dozen, I believe xD).

Q: I'm a current member but do not wish to be a part of TLoZH anymore. Can I quit this guild and how so?

A: We're sorry to see you go, but if you wish to leave us, we won't stop you. Since we're a public guild, you can come back and interact here anytime even as a non-member. If you want to quit the guild, simply click the "Quit Guild" button at the top, and you can PM one of us with the reason if you like.

If you still have any questions or specific concerns that this FAQ didn't cover, please don't hesitate to contact the Captain or a crew member directly.