Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Am I Fluffy? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 9:44 am
Raygnar Havon
sorry i sometimes contradict my self with out knowingly doing so but i am not trying to put morality to it more like my last statement say you get promoted in your job some one somewhere gets fired I am thinking on the universal level of yin and Yang i understand the taoist form but I see more to it than the form of tao

http://fly.cc.fer.hr/~shlede/ying/yang.html

If I may make a recommendation, I would suggest you find a better source. If for no other reason than the website displaces ignorance of basic things like the name of the symbol they go on to speak about. I also feel that the translation at the bottom is poorly done as it seems to confuse simple concepts like aggression and peace.

May I ask what sources you have read on Taoist philosophy that have granted you your understanding?

When a path has things added to it that create internal contradictions, do you feel the desire to benefit from the popularity of the path merits the inconstancy?

Raygnar Havon
edit:
In fact let me more or less rephrase what i am saying about this. its not that I particularly believe in Yin yang its more the universal balance of opposing energy in the world fire:water, Light:dark, hot:cold, Yin:Yang. I use the term yin and yang loosely to convey a balance between two opposing energies such as Fire and water these two elements oppose each other on many levels Fire is hot wild uncontrolled and in some cases the bringer of death while water is cold soothing calm and a giver of life but the true is for both to suddenly switch positions water can be just as destructive as fire and fire can also bring about new life (ie after volcano erupts and the lava cools the new hardened rock could become a new ground layer for plants to strive off of or when farmers burn their fields to put nutrients back in the ground to help grow new crops each year)

that is what i mean by what i was saying i just use Yin and Yang do to its fundamental meaning for these opposing powers

Based on the contradictions I am seeing, I feel you may benefit from a deeper exploration into polarity in Eastern Philosophy. A good deal of the contradictions I am seeing in your words would likely be cleared up by careful study of quality sources and would help you in your development.  
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:08 am
you may be right i a long time ago i did a lot of online study but then my comp[ crashed and i lost a lot of my information while i was still learning so far i only learned of the opposition of energy and that was as far as my studies got on the subject by the time i got a new comp i forgot most of it and didn't think about going back to that phase of my life (mainly do to trying to find a job) but i may start trying to relearn the subject to better my understanding  

Ray Relo Nikiv

Dramatic Genius

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:17 am
I wish you good luck in your studies and for what it is worth, I don't think we ever stop learning.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff