Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Anti Western Cosplayers? Wtf?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Veretix

8,750 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:09 pm
What about animes in which the characters aren't "modeled after asian people". For example Hetalia or Baccano. They both have characters that aren't "modeled after asians". Hell, in Baccano almost all the characters are fully American!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:32 pm
K master of flames
(I have not seen the video yet, but I read all the comments)
I am Mexican, so if I want 2 find a character that I can cosplay well I am very limited (because of the color of my skin). That still has not stopped me from cosplaying (apparently I make a good mexican Light and Ryuho). I am used 2 hearing racist comments about Mexicans everywhere. So finding some1 that thinks only Asians should cosplay is not a surprise 2 me. I really don't though I do what I feel like doing. Besides there are cosplay that look super awesome with depending on ur skin color such as Tousen from Bleach, K' from KOF. So we should appreciate our own race as well as others. We are all just different colors in a big box of crayons and we should work 2gether 2 make a great drawing called earth.
Yeah i'm half Mexican and my skin tone is tan. At first I was weary about cosplaying but afterward I was like "Screw it. I'm cute ^^ I can pull it off <3 Plus this is for fun!" I might be going as Fang from Final Fantasy 13 or Haruhi Suzumiya.  

SaltyCheerio

Witty Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Sephiroths samurai girl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:44 am
I just try to ignore those videos now. It's the same few people doing it on all the forums, they disappear fairly quickly whenever they come up. It was annoying to begin with but now it's just sad, especially when you realise that the person posting a good amount of the videos isn't actually Japanese and is quite obese.
Tbh there will always be people who say "this race/colour/size/etc shouldn't cosplay" but it's a minority and you'll rarely find them voicing their opinions outside the internet. It's just a case of don't feed the trolls really. The less people reply, the sooner they go away.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:51 am
We should report him! blaugh heart  

Ralyle

Shirtless Hunter

7,700 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:10 pm
Tr-ee
K master of flames
(I have not seen the video yet, but I read all the comments)
I am Mexican, so if I want 2 find a character that I can cosplay well I am very limited (because of the color of my skin). That still has not stopped me from cosplaying (apparently I make a good mexican Light and Ryuho). I am used 2 hearing racist comments about Mexicans everywhere. So finding some1 that thinks only Asians should cosplay is not a surprise 2 me. I really don't though I do what I feel like doing. Besides there are cosplay that look super awesome with depending on ur skin color such as Tousen from Bleach, K' from KOF. So we should appreciate our own race as well as others. We are all just different colors in a big box of crayons and we should work 2gether 2 make a great drawing called earth.
Yeah i'm half Mexican and my skin tone is tan. At first I was weary about cosplaying but afterward I was like "Screw it. I'm cute ^^ I can pull it off <3 Plus this is for fun!" I might be going as Fang from Final Fantasy 13 or Haruhi Suzumiya.
yeah I know exactly what u mean, I was shy 2 cosplay at first because of the color of my skin I am not tan I am brown. But meh, I have a pretty good figure so I am good with that.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:13 pm
Sephiroths samurai girl
I just try to ignore those videos now. It's the same few people doing it on all the forums, they disappear fairly quickly whenever they come up. It was annoying to begin with but now it's just sad, especially when you realise that the person posting a good amount of the videos isn't actually Japanese and is quite obese.
Tbh there will always be people who say "this race/colour/size/etc shouldn't cosplay" but it's a minority and you'll rarely find them voicing their opinions outside the internet. It's just a case of don't feed the trolls really. The less people reply, the sooner they go away.
That is exactly correct, ignore it and eventually it will die out. Besides those kind of ppl are 2 cowardly 2 say it 2 some ones face.
Just as Hitler himself only liked the aryan race while he himself was part Jew and Polish. No1 will really ever understand what these people are thinking and frankly I really don't care what they have 2 say.  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:28 pm
Funny how this troll that doesn't like western cosplayers doesn't know that America created Cosplay. :/

Guy's on crack.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:46 pm
I saw the whole video now, and read the whole paragraph and read all the comments. Lots of typos I must say. Funny thing is that if this suppose Asian person (not even sure if there asian) does not want westerners 2 use asian technology and such then y should asia be allowed 2 use western medicine? or even be allowed 2 drive cars? I think it is wrong 4 ideas such as this 2 pop up in2 peoples minds. I also feel bad 4 the ppl that were put in2 those videos that never agreed 2 be in those videos (a friend of a friend was in that video, and yes she is asian). Because we were able 2 combine the inventions and ideas from all sides or the world we were able 2 come up with a "better world". NO other race is superior 2 any other race.  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

amanogawatea

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:13 pm
One time I reported his video, and it came down the next day, closing his account.
I was so pleased. :'D
Anyway, it's a major troll. He's not even Japanese, he's Indonesian, and very dark.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:28 pm
Scientifically Erotic
Funny how this troll that doesn't like western cosplayers doesn't know that America created Cosplay. :/

Guy's on crack.
and a whole bunch of stuff most likely and probably drunk at the time.  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

BULLSHITTERY

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:22 am
Ugh Asian Nazis like him makes me not want to be Asian anymore :/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:04 pm
BAKA TSUNDERE
Ugh Asian Nazis like him makes me not want to be Asian anymore :/
hes not Asian, he is a poser. Don't let idiots like him, make u regret who u r.  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

BULLSHITTERY

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:27 pm
Ah whoops totally forgot about that lol. But still there's a lot of people who agree with his idiotic ideas :/
Sometimes people get intimidated by Asian cosplayers without even realizing it....Kinda sad ;__;

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:18 am
Mirialiah
(By calling us racist and saying they're better, THEY'RE being racist.)
I know right? I couldn't stop thinking about that the whole time. They were acting like asians were the only people who could be cute. It was totally racist.  

Pearlescent Priestess

Bashful Healer

18,200 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Battle: Cleric 100

Woven Red

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:10 am
that video itself is racist against anyone who isn't asian  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items