Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Stickler for Details

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How much detail do you look into?
  Basics only
  If it's off it bothers, but don't mind.
  if one hair is out of place....*twitch*
View Results

Glacirus

5,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:47 pm
Just curious to how much you are a stickler for details in terms of cosplay.

Personally, if someone's WAY off, then I get annoyed. I'm talking about the "I'm Ichigo!" and they look like they should be Naruto.

Skin color doesn't matter too much to me. It's odd seeing a Sakura who's so dark-skinned that the only thing visible is the BRIGHT pink hair...but I don't complain.

On my OWN costumes however, if i don't get everything, down to rings and facial expressions, then I freak on myself. gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:47 am
I'm kinda the same. Like, if it's someone else's cosplay, as long as they're happy with it and they enjoy wearing it then I'm fine. Even if there are details missing and they didn't bother to get a wig. Whatever, it's their choice, and it's meant to be for fun anyway. But when it comes to my cosplays, I want to have everything as accurate as possible. I love looking as close to the character as possible (unless I'm doing my own version or something).  

Strawberry Skank

Pearlescent Priestess

Bashful Healer

18,200 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Battle: Cleric 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:21 am
I'm the same. If it's someone else's I don't mind if details are missing, but I try my best to make mine as accurate as possible... even things underneath a jacket or something even if they're not visible.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:36 am
I'm terrible for details on my own and other people's costumes. For me it's less about how much they physically look like the character and more about the costume itself. I get really stressed if something isn't right on my costume and won't wear it until it's right. ><  

Sephiroths samurai girl

Neveryoumind22Woot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:33 pm
The little things bug me too, not just costume-wise either, but physical characteristics as well. It drives me insane! xD  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:59 pm
I don't mind if people attempt to pull a costume together using things in their closet... but those don't tend to be my favorite and I would die before I did that. I get annoyed when people screw up on the cheap items (like socks?) when there are so many places you could get socks that better match the character. Why not? You can just wear them on a regular day too so it's not like it's going out of the way.

It is kind of irritating when every piece of clothing is kinda like the character's but not one single piece actually matches it. It just looks really...off...and like they didn't care...

For my own, I want to be accurate down to jewelry and expressions (as someone else mentioned).

The only thing I've let slide on mine is the fact that for my Yuki cosplay, my hair is the right color and style but not quite short enough for normal Yuki nor long enough for Yuki Kuran. xO I just don't see the point in getting a wig if my hair looks right except for length.

And I don't want to do any more than trim it because I'm trying to grow it out for my wedding next year. x3

I hope people will forgive me. x3  

Mirialiah

Veretix

8,750 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:30 pm
I'm fine with other people's costumes. Whatever they want to do with their character is fine by me. And sometimes they can come off really cool, if the person is doing a spin-off.

I like to make myself as accurate as possible, but that can be hard sometimes. For example: I can't get contacts. I cosplay Deidara and he has blue eyes but i have brown eyes. So other con-goers will have to get used to the idea of a brown eyed Deidara.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:15 pm
Veretix
I'm fine with other people's costumes. Whatever they want to do with their character is fine by me. And sometimes they can come off really cool, if the person is doing a spin-off.

I like to make myself as accurate as possible, but that can be hard sometimes. For example: I can't get contacts. I cosplay Deidara and he has blue eyes but i have brown eyes. So other con-goers will have to get used to the idea of a brown eyed Deidara.
And I think that's totally fine. Honestly, the contacts thing never makes or breaks an outfit. It can only sometimes be more helpful with characters where the eyes are kind of a big deal. (Like Blue from "Wolfs' Rain"... as she is named for the color of her eyes)

Besides, people with astigmatism and other issues can't wear contacts anyway. x3  

Mirialiah

haneko the samurai

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:41 pm
neutral im not realy bothered by that kinda stuff... but i guess if it gets really bothersome then it dose annoie me.  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:34 am
Nice face= awake and alive,Nice hair= not fake looking, clothes=don't have to be detailed but would be nice to get the color right.  

sakurayoshema

Tsunji

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:35 am
Dilly Dally.
I don't usually mind other people as long as I can see that they exerted some effort, I'm good.
I do my best to be accurate though! It's hard and sometimes, budget and time doesn't permit it, so I have no choice but to cosplay with what I have.
Shilly shally.

Convention Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff