Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[Guide] Tools for Change Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Abbie913

5,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:44 am
Assignment 3.1- My Act Now Task List

My Act Now Task List

Task 1: I plan to go to tutoring for my calculus class so that I can start to understand and do better with my calculus
Goal: This is going to help me fulfill my goal of getting good grades so I can advance in college
Outcome: I went to tutoring and finished my take home quiz in there and I think it went very well. I feel very confidante about my answers and expect a good grade.
Check Here When Completed: [X]

Task 2: I plan on studying hardcore for my Abnormal Psychology test so I can come out of it with and A
Goal: This goes towards my goal of getting good grades so that I can move on in my college career
Outcome: I studied hard and got my A smile

Task 3: I will drive around the block at night
Goal: This will help me reach my goal of learning to drive
Outcome: I think I did a pretty good job though I did kind of freak out when a car came by but over all, good
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:38 am
SwirlingDark: What great solutions to these problems. I think you defiantly understand what problems need what actions to be taken. Now you can apply this knowledge to your own problems, and find wonderful ways to solving them.  

zabazor
Vice Captain

Abbie913

5,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:03 pm
Assignment 3:2 - Scenario Action Relay

My Answers:

1. If Jimmy wants to pass the eleventh grade what he could do is collaborate more with his teachers. He could talk to his teachers about what he can do to be able to pass and then complete these tasks to the best of his ability.

2. If Linda would like to make beautiful artwork what she could start out doing is maybe taking a beginners art class. A beginners art class will help her learn the medium she likes and works with best. Also the class will teach her techniques to work and from there she could practice those techniques.

3. I think what Mark needs to do is talk to someone, whether it be to his parents, friends, or even a trusted teacher. What Mark is dealing with has gone too far and is getting to big to handle so what he needs to do is reach out someone so they can reach back and help him with his depression and pain.

4. To deal with the break up Mel should get a new hobby or try to have a stronger relationship with her friends. To elaborate, I think that Mel should find something to do that takes her mind off this boy and the break up, do things she loves to do or find something new to do to keep her busy. Or she could take her mind off romantic relationships for a while and focusing on strengthening the friendships she has.

5. What Aron should do to make his life feel more fulfilling is get involved. He could, if going to school, join a club or he could decided what is important to him and go volunteer with something that deals with what he cares about.

6. What Christina should do instead trying to quit cold turkey all by herself is maybe get support, go to an AA meeting or talk to someone who has had the same problem to help get her through this hard time.

7. For Carl to become more in sync with the God's he could try praying more or do some rituals, those things often bring people closer to God. He could also try meditating and focusing on his God while doing so, that might help.

8. What Malinda should do is talk to someone, tell them how she feels and when she is strong enough to pull herself out of this hole of depression she is in then maybe she can talk to her doctor about what she can do to prolong her life or what she can do to be more comfortable while she is dying.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:14 am
I'd like to join please biggrin  

Usako_Rouge

5,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • First step to fame 200

Usako_Rouge

5,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:40 am
Assignment 1 - Goal List

Work on the ships as a cook.
Go backpacking across Nova Scotia.
Make a home for myself.
Learn my family culture.
Make a family for myself.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:18 am
user name: sassyangel37

1. Why do you want to join? I would like to join this class to learn more about myself and really identify where my strong points are and where my weak points are.

2. What are the "Problem Areas" of your life? My main problem are is not trusting my own instincts enough. I feel I need to know myself better in order to really start trusting my own instincts.

3. Which aspect of self do you feel you lack most? Mind. Why? I am new to a lot of the wicca ways and just starting to be able to focus and concentrate. It is still a challenge, working on getting better day by day. (Body/Mind/Spirit)

4. What do you hope to get out of this class? I hope to get to know myself and improve my weak points and develop my strong points even more so that I can also be in a better position to help others as well as myself.

5. Any concerns/questions you have for me? not at the moment  

sassyangel37

SwirlingDark

Lonely Phantom

9,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:59 am
~What you did / thought / tried:
I joined an internet dating site. Not just to find a boyfriend, but to expand on the number of kinds of people I talk to.

~What you felt
I felt a bit awkward, actually. I'm not particularly socially apt, so it was a little nerve-wracking.

~What happened
Well I've had some nice chats, met a couple of people and am planning to meet another - taking precautions of course.

~Would you continue this technique
I think so. I need to expand on my horizons and saying "yes" to things that I wouldn't have normally is a good way to push myself  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:55 pm
Abbie913:
Assignment 2.2- Goal/Vision Board - Beautiful vision board. There are some very good pictures with very helpful quotes. I am very glad to see that you wish to continue using the vision board ans want to eventually go beyond your computer. I am very proud.

Assignment 3.1 - My Act Now Task List - Driving at night is very exciting and can be scary. I myself only have a permit and that still bothers me, but I am glad you faced it head on. Keep up with the great and creative actions and your goals will be reached in no time.

Assignment 3:2 - Scenario Action Relay - Very good. A+. You grasp the concept and you show much compassion. That is a good thing.

Usako_Rouge:

Assignment 1 - Goal List - I liked reading your goals but I had a little problem discerning them. "Work on the ships as a cook." What ships? "Make a home for myself." What does that mean? It is not that they are bad, or wrong, it is just that I am not sure what you mean. If you could clear that up, that would be great, if not, I am sure the next assignment will help make it clearer. Good Job.

sassyangel37:
Join Questionnaire - Welcome. I hope you enjoy the class. Feel free to start the assignments when ever you are ready.

SwirlingDark:
Assignment 4:1 - I Will / I Can - I think this was a very positive experience for you. Yes is a very good tool for people who are stuck. Always be sure to weigh the possible consequences, and I know you do, and yes can make you life all the better.

Note to All Students
I am sorry that it took me so long to respond to all of your good work. College is intense and I may take a few weeks before I do respond. This does not mean that you should slow down. Keep at your own pace and I will give you feedback as soon as possible. ^_^

zabazor
Vice Captain

Usako_Rouge

5,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:10 am
zabazor
Usako_Rouge:

Assignment 1 - Goal List - I liked reading your goals but I had a little problem discerning them. "Work on the ships as a cook." What ships? "Make a home for myself." What does that mean? It is not that they are bad, or wrong, it is just that I am not sure what you mean. If you could clear that up, that would be great, if not, I am sure the next assignment will help make it clearer. Good Job.

Sorry, I'm not use to explaining to people sweatdrop
I live in the maritimes where we have Halifax Port so theres a lot of shipping ships of sorts and jobs for people to work on them. I'm hoping to someday be a cook on one of the shipping ships. So I can travel to different places and work.

As for making a home for myself, I'm pretty much starting all over again and the place I'm living now was the only place I could afford until I get back off my feet. It doesn't feel like home since theres nothing in here that's mine and nothing to make it like home. I'm hoping to find a place to live that's comfortable, slowly get stuff for the place and do some paintings to put up (an artist with no artwork lol), get some funiture, necessary things like a bed. So making a home for myself is literally starting from scratch and finding a place to live and settle down again, and making it comfortable so I feel like it's my home

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:41 am
PAPER
Assignment 2 - Goal Seeking Questions

I want to be a cook on one of the cargo ships at Halifax Harbour. I'll re-take my cooking papers at the local College, and during the summer go to Cape Breton where I can get my marine cooking papers. And then get my passport and find a job.

2. I want to go backpacking across Nova Scotia this summer to go to Cape Breton. Everytime I get paid, I'll invest in one major item necessary for backpacking and put $20 per pay to the side for the final trip. I'll make a list of everything I'll need and map out the best route to take.

3. I'll make a home for myself by finding a good place to live. I'll work on my artwork to decorate my walls again, and invest in a futon to sleep on. I'll slowly replace the things I lost in the fire and even improve from before. Once I start working as a cook on the ships, I'll be able to afford more.

4. I'll learn more about my family culture by investigating in my native roots more. I'll try to find proof of my great grandmother belonging to her tribe before she married a white man and learn my mothers Scotish roots that nobody in my family even knows about. I will research the best I can, contact people that my research may lead to, and ask questions instead of quitting.

I someday want to make a family for myself. This is going to be a long term goal with no set date. I first need a steady source of income, a place I feel comfortable living, and a man to love. Someday I'm planning on having children and I want to make sure that I can support them before anything else. Until I get my life settled, this isn't going to happen.

Additional Questions

I know these questions helped me with my goals. Now I can pinpoint exact times I can accomplish things, things I can do to help, and what I'll need and how to get it.

I will definately use these questions for future goals, I like how organized and easy to use the outline is.

Yes, I feel really comfortable setting goals.  

Usako_Rouge

5,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • First step to fame 200

zabazor
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:04 am
Thank you for clearing things up. That sounds awesome, cooking on a ship and getting to see the world, or at least where ever it is going to. And the family thing sounds sweet. I know you will get there, and I wish you all the luck and give you all of the help you need.

Assignment 1:2
Magnificent. Most students use the 5 bullets as a place to write the answers to the five individual questions. You actually answered the questions for all of your goals. Very impressive and they were very in depth. This is an amazing foundation for the rest of the class.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:28 am
User Image User Image

1. I cleared out two whole binbags of stuff from my room! (Positive)
2. I took a bunch of stuff to the charity/thrift store. (Positive)
3. I flirted with the guy I have a crush on. (Positive)
4. I washed my face and cleaned my teeth, getting back into my daily routine that was disrupted by moving house. (Positive)
5. I spent time doing chores. (Positive)
6. I started learning a new skill. (Positive)
7. I spent some time playing games on the internet. (Negative)
8. I skipped breakfast. (Negative)
9. I bought Rememberance Day poppies for my family, running across the road to catch the guy selling them. (Positive)
10. I didn't reply to my friend's text asking how I was. (Negative)
User Image

User Image  

SwirlingDark

Lonely Phantom

9,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

zabazor
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:31 pm
Well done. There is one question that I forgot to add to that assignment. If you don't mind, do you think tracking this helped to open your eyes to the good and bad things you do every day (according to your own moral conduct.)

Also, I would like to point out that you might be more positive than you think you are. You said "I spent some time playing games on the internet" was a negative thing. I have to say, going non stop with no down time is also negative, so if that was your time for you it would have been totally fine.

And please notify me if I am speaking against what the assignment already said. You are so far along, no other student can match you, so I have never actually had to grade this work. So I have forgotten a little about what I posted in the summer.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 11:51 am
Assignment 2:1 - Small Wish

I wish to reconnect with my old friend Julie.

I looked Julie up on Facebook, and sent her a message with my new cellphone number to text. From there, we texted for a about a week. She lives in a different own from me, about a 3 hour drive. So I made plans with her to visit the next time I came down, which so happened she was grateful for since she got a new boyfriend and she was scared of introducing him to any of her other friends since their stuck-up snobs.

So it took a couple weeks, but I seen my old childhood friend for the first time in 4 years, and we reconnected. Turns out she needed a friend to talk to so I listened and offered her some advice smile In the end I got my old best friend back, that wouldn't have happened if I didn't take this step.

I think anybody can really use more practice with something like this, and it's a thing that gets better every time you try and makes you feel better too. As for more complicated tasks, I think I'll take things one step at a time so I don't over-do it sweatdrop

In the end, I don't think I need anymore information in understanding it smile I prefer learning through experiences so if there's something more to learn from the law of attraction, I'm sure I'll understand it better the more I use it

Usako_Rouge

5,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • First step to fame 200

SwirlingDark

Lonely Phantom

9,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:33 am
User Image User Image

I'm already quite good at examining my own actions, seeing whether they are positive or negetive, but sometimes (as you probably noticed) I can be a bit harsh on myself. I know where this comes from and it's a habit I'm working on breaking, or at least dampening.

I'm struggling a little with the next assignment, the Deconstructing Emotions one. I have problems with emotions, and I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to do for this exercise. Could I possibly have an example to help me?
User Image

User Image  
The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games