Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Blessed Solstice!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:19 pm
A most blessed and happy solstice, everyone! Sol Invictus!

Best wishes to you all. I'm outta here and off to Houston tomorrow. ^_^ Have a terrific holiday!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:46 pm
Yes please Sol Invictus. @_@ As my mother says around this time of year: "Come on sun!"  

TheDisreputableDog

MST3Kakalina

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:30 am
i love the wintertime! :: off for a ritual bath ::  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:54 pm
MST3Kakalina
i love the wintertime! :: off for a ritual bath ::
I love it too but it always makes me want to hibernate. I end up sleeping all the freaking time.  

TheDisreputableDog

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:06 pm
Koljada!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:47 am
I always wondered what you said to wish a happy solstice, I've been wandering around saying "Happy Yule"  

Aithnea Micheals

Starlock

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:09 am
Blessed Yule would work perhaps? For the ritual I attended, we just used blessed be, though. People have different names for the sabbat.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:40 am
Aithnea Micheals
I always wondered what you said to wish a happy solstice, I've been wandering around saying "Happy Yule"
I think it depends on your tradition. Sol Invictus was the Roman celebration of the winter solstice, Yule's been around for awhile..."Koljada" obviously has significance to this time of year in Tea's tradition but I don't know what it means. rofl The solstice is an astronomical event, pretty much every culture will have a different name for it and way to mark/celebrate it.  

TheDisreputableDog

queertastrophy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:37 pm
I hope everyone had a wonderful day.

I, of course (I have THE worst luck, EVER), was sick as a dog the whole day, and could barely pry myself out of bed to get to work. Thank you, boyfriend, for giving me your stomach virus. *pout* gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:56 am
TheDisreputableDog
Aithnea Micheals
I think it depends on your tradition. Sol Invictus was the Roman celebration of the winter solstice, Yule's been around for awhile..."Koljada" obviously has significance to this time of year in Tea's tradition but I don't know what it means. rofl The solstice is an astronomical event, pretty much every culture will have a different name for it and way to mark/celebrate it.
Koljada is the Slavic "Yule". Think lantern processions, mock funerals and a form of "trick or treating" topped off with lots of singing.  

TeaDidikai

Aithnea Micheals

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:28 pm
TeaDidikai
TheDisreputableDog
Aithnea Micheals
Koljada is the Slavic "Yule". Think lantern processions, mock funerals and a form of "trick or treating" topped off with lots of singing.
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'm still trying to find my tradition, but I think it's celtic. *is still pretty new to the whole Pagan faith*  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 8:43 am
Aithnea Micheals
Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'm still trying to find my tradition, but I think it's celtic. *is still pretty new to the whole Pagan faith*
No problem. mrgreen  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces