Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Remedies for the Common Cold Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Synnthetika

5,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:54 am
Noble_Nogitsune
I've been experiencing cold like symptoms for the past... at least 10 years now (Although it does fluctuate in intensity. Some days it's difficulty breathing, and others it's the other, more "fun" symptoms.). Friends of mine joke that it's a permanent cold. The only thing I can do to alleviate symptoms would be strong scents and strong foods. My family spices foods quite a bit, that we actually have to tone it down when company comes over.

I haven't exactly found anything to completely cure one though, but again, there's a lot to try and keep the symptoms at bay.

Do you think it might be some kind of auto-immune disease? I mean, it could even be as minor as chronic allergies. Do you take allergy medicine?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:09 am
Synnthetika
Noble_Nogitsune
I've been experiencing cold like symptoms for the past... at least 10 years now (Although it does fluctuate in intensity. Some days it's difficulty breathing, and others it's the other, more "fun" symptoms.). Friends of mine joke that it's a permanent cold. The only thing I can do to alleviate symptoms would be strong scents and strong foods. My family spices foods quite a bit, that we actually have to tone it down when company comes over.

I haven't exactly found anything to completely cure one though, but again, there's a lot to try and keep the symptoms at bay.

Do you think it might be some kind of auto-immune disease? I mean, it could even be as minor as chronic allergies. Do you take allergy medicine?

I've been tested, there's been no proven allergies yet. Secondly, I doubt it's auto-immune. All the blood I've had drawn, they'd have detected something like that by now. And lastly, no, I generally refrain from most medication, save for the occasional antacid, and maybe NyQuil / Robitussin.  

Aydenfyre

Bohemian Oz

Lavish Flatterer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:59 pm
Noble_Nogitsune
Synnthetika
Noble_Nogitsune

I've been tested, there's been no proven allergies yet. Secondly, I doubt it's auto-immune. All the blood I've had drawn, they'd have detected something like that by now. And lastly, no, I generally refrain from most medication, save for the occasional antacid, and maybe NyQuil / Robitussin.

Yeah that sounds kinda like chornic bronchitis to me.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:16 pm
I don't have Bronchitis. Although, I do frequently get strep throat when my brothers are in school, or when I'm around people who are around a lot of people. This has been a mostly nasal / sinus issue for the past 10 years. Other than the breathing issues, and some random coughing / sneezing, I haven't really had an issue.  

Aydenfyre

Synnthetika

5,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:16 pm
Noble_Nogitsune
I don't have Bronchitis. Although, I do frequently get strep throat when my brothers are in school, or when I'm around people who are around a lot of people. This has been a mostly nasal / sinus issue for the past 10 years. Other than the breathing issues, and some random coughing / sneezing, I haven't really had an issue.

Asthma? Maybe very, very mild?

Hmm... Perhaps you're just more suseptible to upper respitory stuff?

This might be kind of personal, but do you get any kind of bowel irritation/discomfort?

Do you take vitamins? Healthy diet? Relatively healthy lifestyle? Exercise? (I don't mean run 3 miles every day, but do you move around quite a bit during the day or do you have a desk job, that kind of thing)  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:56 pm
Synnthetika
Noble_Nogitsune

Asthma? Maybe very, very mild?

Hmm... Perhaps you're just more suseptible to upper respitory stuff?

This might be kind of personal, but do you get any kind of bowel irritation/discomfort?

Do you take vitamins? Healthy diet? Relatively healthy lifestyle? Exercise? (I don't mean run 3 miles every day, but do you move around quite a bit during the day or do you have a desk job, that kind of thing)

Perhaps I am, but I'm not sure.

I do, and medically, I don't find anything too personal. My mother swears that I mass produce fiber, because I tend to be quite regular, and usually within half an hour after consuming something.

No vitamins. My diet consists of foods my family can afford, or what is given to us. I don't leave the house, and it could be fair to say the only time I really get up from this desk, is to take care of mortal things, such as eating, the bathroom, sleeping, you get the idea.

This family is quite poor, and we're already closing in on a possible eviction soon. As it stands, this is my 34th move, and I'm only 21. Lately, the houses keep getting smaller, and with the economy the way it is, there isn't exactly going to be a lot of money for these sorts of things anytime soon.

I'm far from healthy, but I'm more than functional, however.  

Aydenfyre

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:15 am
AniMajor
demisara
Scandalously long, hot, showers accompanied by loud singing. My white blood cells are pretty baller (more so since I improved my diet), but I am prone to developing bronchitis from minor colds. Someone told me once that singing at the top of your lungs is a good way to prevent it (because I don't use my full lung capacity or something), and it seems to work pretty well for me. Maybe it's just the vibrations of my off-key alto shaking phlegm off my mucous membranes. I haven't had to take antibiotics in over a year, come to think of it. Anyway, the point is that steam combined with vocalization make me feel comforted and proactive at the same time.

Oh, also, there's these tablet things that you put in the floor of the shower with you, and the water dissolves it and releases this stuff that clears your sinuses. I don't remember who makes them, though.
Lush makes them. They have a really lemony one that might help.

EDIT: The shower must be hot hot hot for these to work. A lot of people complain that these do nothing, that's probably because their shower isn't steaming enough. And put it out of direct water spray, and spray it every so often so it lasts longer.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff