Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaia Good-Deed Doers

Back to Guilds

A guild who loves to help others, and make a better Gaia for us all! 

Tags: helping, good deeds, helpers, items, gold 

Reply Gaia Good-Deed Doers
Brainstorming Ideas for the Guild. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you going to be Active Again?
  Yes
  No
  Maybe
View Results

Viridis Aureus
Vice Captain

Shy Poster

26,650 Points
  • Super Converter 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:13 pm
Hey guys. As you saw from the Crew Announcemen earlier, I'm trying to think of new ideas to run by Laroka for events and such. Here is what I got so far:

More Contests
Another Lottery, once I get the funds.
A small Valentines Event, and possibly others.

If you guys have any more ideas, post them here.

Oh, and did Laroka send out an announcement that she would be banning people if they didn't post in the guild? Just making sure, since I don't remember XD.

Other members ideas:

Quote:
"effervescentstripes"It might be good to have a 'solve the mystery' type event. As in something where you have to talk to a few guild members selected to play the role of suspects (or tekteks could be made as icons for a few suspects controlled by the Game Master), and put the pieces of information together. It would be a lot of work, though...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:36 am
I hear some companies do these calenders with female employees...
Just kidding, please don't hurt me.

Maybe some actual activity? Contests are all well and good, but then people will only be posting in those, and only to win stuff.  

sltttbrgr

Dangerous Lunatic

Viridis Aureus
Vice Captain

Shy Poster

26,650 Points
  • Super Converter 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:59 am
Why would I hurt you for that? I thought it was funny XD. I have said much worse things than THAT.

Like what, may I ask? I had an idea for New Years where people actually have to talk to eachother, but no one was on XD. I like making contests. The thing I was wanting to do for Valentines Day was still kind of a contest, but it was more interactive and such. I'm giddy that someone posted actually XD.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:50 pm
It might be good to have a 'solve the mystery' type event. As in something where you have to talk to a few guild members selected to play the role of suspects (or tekteks could be made as icons for a few suspects controlled by the Game Master), and put the pieces of information together. It would be a lot of work, though...

I've been thinking about it, and I'd probably be able to draw a picture for an active member every 1 or 2 weeks. I'd be drawing it on my Tegaki E account, though, since I don't have any photo-editing programs yet.  

effervescentstripes

Paper Sheeps

6,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:40 pm
I'm not creative. DD:'  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:02 pm
So... If I were to make a 'be active or awesome and get art' thread, where would I be putting it? I can't figure it out. D:  

effervescentstripes

Viridis Aureus
Vice Captain

Shy Poster

26,650 Points
  • Super Converter 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:09 am
effervescentstripes
It might be good to have a 'solve the mystery' type event. As in something where you have to talk to a few guild members selected to play the role of suspects (or tekteks could be made as icons for a few suspects controlled by the Game Master), and put the pieces of information together. It would be a lot of work, though...

I've been thinking about it, and I'd probably be able to draw a picture for an active member every 1 or 2 weeks. I'd be drawing it on my Tegaki E account, though, since I don't have any photo-editing programs yet.

XD Sounds like Clue. I like clue. I'll put this idea in the first post.

I'm not sure where you would post it. I'll have to ask Laroka next time I see her.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:27 am
By activity I mean just that, the last post not spam or concerning the lack of posts was 8 days ago, and before that it was like a week.  

sltttbrgr

Dangerous Lunatic

Viridis Aureus
Vice Captain

Shy Poster

26,650 Points
  • Super Converter 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:29 am
At least now a few more people are posting XD. I'm trying to get more active members. I like the idea that effervescentstripes gave, it would take a lot of planning though lol.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:14 pm
Thanks, Phoenix Luna Blaze Cloud. I'll try to be online to participate in discussion, but I won't have as much time as I'd like to. It might be easier to have logic puzzles for people to discuss- the kind with the charts.  

effervescentstripes

Viridis Aureus
Vice Captain

Shy Poster

26,650 Points
  • Super Converter 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:35 am
I think I know what you're talking about XD. I'm not on as much as I was either, but that is because school started back lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:19 pm
We should have a Go Green contest! We can help clean up the Gaia towns, and who ever cleans up the most wins a prize! After the winner is declared let's have a party!  

jojobritt911

Fluffy Millionaire

Viridis Aureus
Vice Captain

Shy Poster

26,650 Points
  • Super Converter 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:29 am
Well, most people don't go into towns anymore. The only time I go into towns now is for caroling, though there was something that I wanted to do in towns too XD.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:25 pm
I agree with dixieboy, I think there needs to be some things where people aren't necessarily talking simply because they want a prize =/ Although, I think that just means that we need more people in the guild who are active members. Those are kinda hard to find.

I like the idea that effervescentstripes had =] it sounds really fun!

I also wanted to clarify that I am inactive all over Gaia, not just here XD So don't think that I ditched out. I do still want to be a crew member here, but life just got really hectic for me.  

ankiannabar
Crew

2,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

effervescentstripes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:22 pm
Thanks, I'm glad you like my idea(s). I'll try to think of some logic puzzles in my spare time.

I'm also not one to go into towns. Something easier to access for people with slower internet connections would be better, so I think we should stick within the forum somehow.  
Gaia Good-Deed Doers

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff