Welcome to Gaia! ::

Protect your account from Hacks and Scams!

Back to Guilds

This guild is for the prevention of hacking, and scamming. 

Tags: Fighting, against, Hacking, Scams, Protect 

Reply Everyone!
3 helpful signs that help you tell if you're being hacked.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you been hacked?
  yes!!!! it SUCKED
  no.... thank god.
  pole whore!!! ^.^
View Results

Little Camellia

6,300 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:56 pm
Have you been hacked? then you probably know what some of these are. Getting hacked isn't fun. But, here are some signs that may help you tell if this is happening.

1. Your clothes change automatically.

Pretend, that one day, your changing your clothes. You find JUST the right outfit and decide to save. After you decide to go to the games screen to play zOMG! when the screen loads, the outfit you had on changed! you go back to the avatar screen and try to change it back, thinking it was "just a malfunction." this may not be just a malfunction. It may be your hacker not thinking, and/or trying to scare you completely out of your wits! But, if you're smart, you should go STRAIGHT to your account settings page and change your password. And whatever you do, DO NOT!!!!!! and I repeat. DO NOT log out of your account. Not at least until the signs stop.

2. Money matters: Your money amount sky rockets!

This may sound like a good thing, but it's certainly NOT. Now, don't go immeadiately rushing to your account settings page and change your password to a 20 character long morse code. There's no need to. If it happens and you know you may be the cause, go to your mail and check if there is any unread messages. If there is, check them. they may be emails from the admin saying that you sold a big and pricey item. Other reasons may be you won some sort of prize like the gold lotto or maybe someone sent you a large trade with all that money they owe you from giving them something they wanted. There's all kinds of reasons that could be responsible for your "raise." If you're not the cause. you should seriously consider looking in your inventory to see if some one sold your items of took your gaia cash. And of course, go to your account settings page and change your password.

3. Money matters: Your money amount plummets!

As we all know, this is NEVER a good thing. 'Cause who likes loosing money? I don't, that's for sure. Again, if you know you're the cause, then don't go running and screaming to mommy. If you are NOT the cause, then I would suggest looking at any of your latest trades and/or looking in your inventory to see if you got a new present from "santa."

So, there you have it! a full guide of tips to when you may be getting hacked.

Hope I helped,
Annabeth  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:08 pm
im grover the goat boy....neiggghhhh~  

Das_Couch

6,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

R3Run

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:46 pm
The first sign has just happened to me today. I changed my password twice. I hope I'm safe. What else should I do?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:14 am
RWLSara_November
The first sign has just happened to me today. I changed my password twice. I hope I'm safe. What else should I do?

In this situation, all you do is take extreme caution. You need to watch everything in from your inventory to your gold/cash. If anything begins disappearing, you'll need to try and hunt-down the cause. Such as "Trades", "Marketing" [selling or buying], "Payments", etc. Once you've found out enough information, you'll need to file a hacking report here. This way Gaia can handle the situation and the hacker once and for all. After this you shouldn't have to worry about. From the same person anyway. But as the guide says, it's very important that you keep an eye on everything you own [items, gold, cash, etc.]. I hope this helped! biggrin

Thanks!
-Amensu Saje

Amensu Saje

6,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

R3Run

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:55 pm
Thanks so much, Amensu! I am now changing my password every week, to stay on the safe side. cool  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:24 am
oh thank you captain obvious  

Sliff_VonHeckson

Everyone!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas