Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Looking Good in Pictures? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ultima Cloud Cosmos

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:27 pm
well im sure you'll look good in any way wink  
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:42 am
Dilly Dally.
I think that the best thing to do is to wear make up and practice at home!
It may sound a bit silly but taking pictures of yourself or having your friends take pictures of you will really help you find which angle suits you best!
Researching poses and practicing your character's signature smile, pose or whatsoever whenever you have the time would work too!
Another reason why you might seem un-photogenic might be because of the lighting.
Convention lighting isn't that good and chances are pictures taken with a flash makes you look a little haggard.

Best of luck! 3nodding
Shilly shally.

Tsunji

harukokun

4,750 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 9:26 pm
Fearmie
Hey guys! I have a little problem! I'm really unphotogenic. I never fail to look terrible in pictures. XD
It happens out side of cosplay too. I see my self in the mirror and say "Girl you lookin' fine!" and go grab a camera and then look terrible in the pic! D:

I really want to get some tips ways to correct this before my next con! Anybody have suggestions? What do you guys do to stay looking fabulous?

lol i'm the same way i normally have to take a jillion pictures to get several that i like lol  
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:12 pm
My only good pictures are full-body shots when I'm either in profile to the camera (turned so my side faces the camera), or 3/4 turned away. If I look dead at the camera, and don't strike any kind of pose that the character would come close to making, I look a fool and slap myself for my failure...

Also, characters with masks work very well sweatdrop  

Glacirus

5,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200

xtjny

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:01 pm
Good lighting and some good Camera Angles 3nodding You could also just practice your poses and facial expressions in the mirror too.

I take Media Art in school.

Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces