Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
The Fluffy Before and After Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ultramarine Violet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:46 pm
Also! I got sucked into someone else's big ol' Mr. Dark episode. I was supposed to be the earth-element aligned warrior who was going to save the world in some vaguely-future cataclysmic event, and he was responsible for keeping all of us together, and... in essence, I guess his complex could be called Mr. Bake-Sale more than Mr. Dark, because he just used it to establish a pecking order, himself first over anyone he could convince.

My fiancee is still kind of wrapped up in this thing, and it's annoying.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:16 pm
I grew up in a very open household, I got most of the books I read early on from my mom's bookshelf. When I was 8 I had a best friend named Diana and we decided that we were Daughters of the Moon (please remember this was in like 1987) and we could shapeshift in to unicorns and every night while our mothers sat outside and talked we would gallop around the courtyard "talking" to the moon and trying to figure out how to get back to her.

Then in the summer before fourth grade I was in summer school and a friend and I did the Bloody Mary thing in her bathroom mirror. We scared ourselves so thoroughly that we believed that Bloody Mary was a vampire and she had come to take over the world. We believed that she had brought others with her and we would sit in class all day watching out for her. We would "see" her around dark corners or in reflections in windows and would run home as though being chased. We thought we had to stop these evil Ghost Vampires and save the world. When school started back up we were in different classes and the whole thing kind of faded away.

Later in life my mother told me she found these phases cute and would have intervened if she believed they had gotten out of control and I know she would have. Other than that I started with different books than most pagans I know and I always wanted to learn more so I was constantly checking those books against other books. I also had a lifelong fascination with mythology and had a decent base of personal knowledge by age 12/13 to work from.

I still just wish I had more time to study and read.  

Lotus Poem

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:05 pm
Ultramarine Violet
Also! I got sucked into someone else's big ol' Mr. Dark episode. I was supposed to be the earth-element aligned warrior who was going to save the world in some vaguely-future cataclysmic event, and he was responsible for keeping all of us together, and... in essence, I guess his complex could be called Mr. Bake-Sale more than Mr. Dark, because he just used it to establish a pecking order, himself first over anyone he could convince.

My fiancee is still kind of wrapped up in this thing, and it's annoying.

Ugh, I got sucked into a terrible massive Mr. Dark group, and I wish I could've seen it coming or at least cared a lot less for the people involved. They were not my proudest moments, and I got sucked into doing a lot of fluffy crap. I forgot about it when I made this thread, or maybe I really, really don't like thinking about it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:22 am
Oh goodness when I first started diving into the occult and which what I thought I was all that and a Barrel of Monkeys(TM)! I lorded my minimal knowledge over anyone that didn't have a clue what they were talking about (and nor did I for that matter).

I started out with such great books such as Teen Witch; Earth, Air, Fire, Water; and the Big Blue Book of Witchcraft. What knowledge I had! Such power was at my fingertips because I could make an energy ball and no one else could so hahaha. And then I met a dear exfriend of mine who told me that he was having dreams of some Chaos War or something. Some war that was going to be happening that we had to prepare for.

Needless to say and to nobody's surprise I devoured it. "Oh, you, too? I've had those exact dreams!" I was the incarnate of Oblivion! Absolute destruction was at my fingertips, I was just not awakened yet. Chaos would come (YHWH actually, haha. Fit perfectly because at the time I was reading Silver Ravenwolf) and destroy the world unless we stopped him! This went on for a while. Three years if I remember correctly and slowly I began to think...now wait a moment. Why is this a story in DnD...

Oh. Okay.

Then Gaia appeared and I was still studying witchcraft just not Wicca. Actually...if I remember correctly I was studying to be a wizard out of Oberzon Zell Ravenheart's book. I began to discover what Wicca actually was from one Phoenixfire Lune Soleil and about what the so called Traditional Witchcraft was.

I, of course, had not learned the error of my ways from the first time. No one was there to stop me really, or to tell me off. It was then that I came to know the allure and the interesting knowledge of the M&R forum. So many people were wrong about what witchcraft was! How could they! The audacity! Robin Artisson is the only authority on witchcraft you fools! This is all wrong. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Members of the PFRC flocked and ripped me a new one. I...a fluffy? No...No it isn't true! NO!

Yes, yes you were a fluffy, but one that was willing to learn. And learn I have. Have I learned everything? Of course not. Have I learned that I can not pull from other cultures blindly? Oh yes you bet I have. I have I learned what the ******** kind of path I am? No, sir I have not. I have a stack of research notes and essays on various topics of the Occult ranging from Underworld Traditions to Chaos magic. I just don't know what part of it I really want to buckle down and practice. And still the knowledge is not complete because a lot of is secret and hidden away in the minds of those lucky enough to be part of mystery schools and occult societies.

Right at the moment I feel like an armchair historian and scholar. I know how to do so many things but I am not sure how to frame it into a specific path. I have come to many conclusions on what my worldview is, but I haven't the slightest idea on what to call it.

Am I fluffy anymore? I am not sure; perhaps I am partly to some things. I know that I am always willing to learn and am ready to sit at the feet of some learned person and take careful notes on everything that they say and add it to the stack of papers and files that I have.

"Here we are standing on the corner of "Walk, Don't Walk." You look away from me, trying not to catch my eye, but you didn't turn fast enough, did you? I know what you're thinkin'; You're thinkin' I'm crazy. You think I give a hoot?"
~"The Search For Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe" by Jane Wagner  

Cunning Witch Angus

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:22 pm
Arcanist Angus
Such power was at my fingertips because I could make an energy ball and no one else could so hahaha.

heh, flashback...

an exfriend of mine could form an energy ball that would rival that of goku's from dbz... and she could control the wind just with her mind!

once, she showed me a mini version of the energy ball of hers, it fit right in the palm of her hand. thing is, she was nuts [insert creepy voice] and there was nothing there. *insert twilight zone theme*  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:49 pm
I had someone online believing I was the created plaything of the Devil, and that I was hiding in the human world so he wouldn't find me again.

ninja  

erinnightwalker

erinnightwalker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:47 pm
Question- is calling yourself the bride of Anubis weird?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:52 pm
Beorc Kano

I found a book in my brother's things. "The Book of Runes" by Ralph H Blum. Hey, runes, cool. And an actual source to look through as well, nice. The runes that the book was supposed to have come with were gone, but hey, that was fine. I'd just make my own, and give it a shot. What harm could there be in it?

I totally found that book one day in some old books my grandfather had (I think). I didn't even know what runes were until I picked it up, and I really thought it was some amazing thing. Unfortunately, I never got into runes, no matter how much I wanted to.  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:53 pm
My first Mr. Dark wasn't in Paganism, it was in Hypnosis, and I ******** up big - so when I hit the Paganism Mr. Dark time I actively avoided getting too involved.

My favorite Mr. Dark of all time remains an ex-bf who was helping save Pittsburgh with the help of Gabriel. It also seemed to be a fairly harmless one, as the Mr. Dark wasn't localized on a person, so it wasn't a 'gang up on someone and abuse them' situation.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:25 pm
TeaDidikai
erinnightwalker

*watches thread closely* ninja

So we have it narrowed down to the Book of Invasions, after The Game of Fidcheal. Looking for a translation in English that includes the oath itself.

RESURRECTION!

^_^

So I think I finally found the segment of text referred to here, but for the life of me, I cannot find a oath of any sort in it. That may just be the text version I have, since it doesn't mention the Fidcheal game at all. Any ideas? Linky here.  

erinnightwalker

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces