Cub sitting [Kova and Yafeu]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:52 pm
User Image The young male sat at the edge of Jumuu's den. He was doing a favor for his mom and was watching the family friend's cubs. He really had no problem with it he loved watching the cubs in the pride he had no problem at all. He was pretty happy right now anyway these cubs were easy to take care of. They were sleeping! He had really never watched another's cubs but so far it was pretty easy. He hummed to them for a little bit and they didn't move! Today was going to be a easy day. He was just glad that his mother got to have some time off and wander around with her friend for a little bit. On top of that he had a chance to sit back and maybe even take a nap! Yeah naps were good.

He laid his head down on the ground and started to purr quietly as he thought about the things that were going on in their pride. He was wandering around a little more more these days. He kept running into this lovely lioness name Tzi, she had him pretty busy with thoughts he hadn't felt that was about a lion in a while. He closed his eyes and stretched out on the ground, enjoying the cool winds that were blowing through the pride that day. It was a lot nicer today it hadn't felt like this in a while it was normally pretty hot out he hated the heat but he would never think about leaving this place. As he closed his eyes he didn't notice the sound of foot prints wandering around in the den. He was far to into his thoughts. He was getting closer to sleep.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:39 am
The little cub had woken from his nap. Crimson eyes focused first on his ebony coated siblings, staring at them and mentally wishing they might rise so they could play. It was unfortunate, really, but his siblings were out cold. They wouldn't be waking for awhile yet with the way they cuddled; such a fact was only reinforced when Yafeu untangled himself from their limbs and tails. . . . Neither of his brothers budged.

Oh well.

That was neither here nor there. Heaving a great yawn, the little one remembered something about his father and mother both being away from the den. . . So that meant they were all alone! Well. . . all alone except for their cub-sitter. Groggy from his nap, the little pale cub hardly remembered the name of their sitter. So it was with a few hesitant steps towards the entrance of the den that Yafeu first met Kovu. . . .

A brown lion, one much older (and that meant much cooler) than Yafeu or his brothers. He was so big in comparison, and very brown. . . . brown and cream and colourful, not at all like his own white and grey coat. He had the coolest looking mane and, strangely enough, even looked cool in his sleep!

Wow. . . . . .maybe Kovu should have come inside and slept with his siblings. Still, the young cub was impertinent enough to know that it wasn't a baby-sitters job to nap. He wasn't old enough yet to feel the need to 'rebel' and try to escape or run away but he did feel that the lion needed a little wake up call.

Step by step. . . . ever so carefully, Yafeu inched as close to Kovu's sleeping form as he dared. Every step proved that the young lion wasn't budging. Crouching low, Yafeu took a deep breath before he roared right in Kovu's ear! "Good morning, good morning! You slept the whole night through, good morning, good morning, to you~!" His roar quickly turned in to a little song he'd been taught by his grand mother Mujiza.

Perhaps Kovu would like it too!

Uta

Shy Mage

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:42 pm
Kova was so close to falling asleep. His back leg and tail twitched occasionally. He was enjoying what he thought was about to come. He was about to fall asleep that is until something pounced on him. That sleeping idea was short lived. He couldn't get mad at the cub, no that wasn't very nice. He looked at the cub and nipped at his ears. "Good morning to you too." He purred quietly at the cub before glancing over the shoulder. He was making sure that the other cubs were sleeping. He really didn't know how to entertain all of them at the same time. He knew that he could take care of one cub for sure. He was pretty happy to see the other cubs sleeping. A relieved look came over his face.

"Well, what are you doing up little one?" He asked with a grin, nudging him gently before stretching his paws out wiggling his toes before chuckling. "I really love that song of yours!" He chuckled slightly before reaching out a paw before pulling the cub in between his front paws. "Well little one if I remember right your mom said to give you a bath... Maybe I should." He laughed making sure to carefully roll the cub over and started chewing playfully on the cub's belly.

"Oh my you're really dirty." He laughed as he tickled the cub's belly then stopped for a moment thinking. "Hmmm.." He looked down at the cub before winking. "Don't worry I really won't give you a bath. I know it sucks my mom used to give them to me all the time." He smiled before flicking his tail around once more. "What do you want to do? We can go far because I have to watch your siblings." He thought he'd at least have some fun with the cub while he was here, he didn't want to seem like a boring baby sister, that would be no fun for the cub.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:40 am
Yafeu squealed lightly as he was suddenly picked up and placed between the larger lions paws. The threat of a bath made him struggle and squirm some, his red eyes round with almost fright. "Not a bath~! Not yet, I'm not done playin'~!" He protested, trying to wriggle his way out of the adolescents paws. He could do it. . . he wasn't very big but he'd sure be strong! He could take this brown cub-sitter. . . .

Well. . . . okay maybe not but still!

His squirming died down as soon as Kovu declared that there wasn't going to be any bath. "Huh? You mean you're not gonna clean me, really?" He asked, a smile replacing his original disgruntled look. Already he was impressed. . . . "Wow. . . . you're so cool!" He giggled, reaching up to bat the others face. Yafeu wasn't a very shy cub, he had no reservations when it came to strangers and was quite the out going personality. He acted more like his father in some cases, a bit head strong but he was no fighter. . . . Well, not really at any rate.

He dreamed of grand adventures and couldn't wait until he was old enough to start his drum quest. He had visions of grandeur, coming back with all sorts of stories and finally finding his place amongst the pride. A dancer or a singer, Yafeu really wasn't sure what he wanted to do. He didn't want to be a hunter like his mother, though he respected her position greatly. . . . . he just wanted to do something more with music.

"What's your name. . . ? I'm Yafeu," he stated proudly, chest puffing out even though he had yet to scamper out of his rather awkward position within Kovu's grasp. "We can do whatever you want! Usually I just wrestle with my siblings or come up with songs and dances to show Mum and Dad when they come home. I get to be the star, you know," he added again, rather proudly. He wasn't a vain creature, not yet, but he did like the limelight that was most certain.

A little performer in the making.

Uta

Shy Mage

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:37 pm
Kova very much amused at the small cub. He chuckled a bit before flicking his head at the cub and then nudging the cub. "No of course not." He winked at the cub before chuckling slightly. "I know what it's like to not be done playing and get a bath anyway." He laughed as he winked at the cub before Sitting back once more. The cub reminded himself a lot when he was younger. He laughed a bit before nipping at the cub's paws. "I guess I am pretty cool." He winked, he was surprised that his sister didn't take up this job of taking care of these cubs. Or anyone else for that matter. He didn't expect females to take up jobs like that but he did think she might be interested into it. He shrugged it off before looking back down at the cub, he was more than sure if the other cubs stayed sleeping that everything would be fine. He glanced back at then just in case.

When the cub said his name now that he thought about it he really didn't remember the names. He knew their mother told him the names, but he wasn't that sure of them. Now he really hoped that they would stay asleep. "Well It's nice to meet you Yafeu. My name is Kova'Rytmi. You can call me Kova though." He winked at the cub before stretching out some and letting go of the cub. "Thats pretty cool." He nipped at the cub's ear before winking at him. "Wow. I think you should show me some things that you know." He chuckled then yawned. "I cna show you things that I know." He grinned widely at the cub.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:34 pm
The little cub was very pleased that he didn't have to suffer through a bath. His mother probably would have made him, but thankfully, his mother was not around. Giggling softly the little cub couldn't sit still long as he rolled to his back to reach his paws out once more at Kovu. Despite the nips, he continued to gently bat at the older lion, hoping to entice him in to play.

"Kova huh? That's good. . . I'm glad you get to watch us, even though my brothers are being boring." The young lion gave a small snort at his siblings, half tempted to bowl in to them and wake them up. Still, if he did that, than Kova couldn't focus solely on Yafeu . . and right now the little pale cub didn't want to share. So . . they were going to share tactics, huh?

Well that was all Yafeu needed to hear! Bounding to his feet he ran in a half circle before giving himself a little shake. Ok. . . . what to show off. Flicking his tail a little bit, the cub contemplated how to start. He wasn't used to an audience outside of his family but he quickly started beating out a simple rhythm with his paws. His tail flicked in half-time behind him, and his back paws itched to dance. It wasn't anything extraordinary but hey, he was young yet. "I'm better when I have shakers . . . Or if someone else is drummin' so I can dance!" He explained, just in case the brown lion didn't think he was very good. Beaming up at Kova, he tried to wink but instead only managed to blink. . . the one-eyed bit was kind of hard.

Uta

Shy Mage

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:36 am
He chuckled slightly before laughing slightly and shaking his head. "You know your mom told me if I found one of you guys NOT being boring that I was supposed to send you back to bed." He teased the little cub before winking slightly, he flicked his hair out of his eyes before glancing back at the sleeping cubs. He stood up and nudged the cub as he did before looking down and nodding at him. "Come, maybe we should move away from the front of the den so we don't wake your siblings."

He stretched his long legs as he started to wander toward a tree not that far off, he flopped down under it, sitting back on his haunches as he looked at the male. He wiggled his toes around in the dirt under him before chuckling. "I don't have my drum with me but hey You don't always need a drum to dance." He chuckled a little bit before he started to tap his feet on the ground a bit. My mom, along with almost everyone else in my family, has always told me you can always make music using anything." He chuckled slightly then nodded at him with a smile growing on his face. "So even if you don't have the instruments around us You can always make music it's always around. And even if you don't have a beat you can still dance to it."

[IC] Nchi'mahadhi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games