Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kingdom Hearts: Beyond the Door (1st KH RP GGN)

Back to Guilds

Originally known as Kingdom Hearts : First Generation, we pride ourselves in our literate KH roleplays & community. 

Tags: Kingdom Hearts, Roleplay, Literate 

Reply KHBTD : Guild Chatterbox
HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE~! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jezzzamy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:19 pm
i've heard of it called white elephant too

the meeting went as well ac can be expected with my mom and her hard headedness, ya know what i mean? but it wasn't a disaster so that's good.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:04 pm
Haha, I do. My mother used to joke (I hope) about the scene she'd set up the first time I brought home a boy. She'd be cleaning knives in, my father would be oiling his guns, and my aunt would be brandishing her 4-foot wooden spoon.  

Quiet Daydreamer

Advanced Enabler

VoLt189

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:11 am
Oh mah goodness! O=

Merry Christmas! WOO! Even though it's New Years Eve... lulz...

Anyway! My Christmas wasn't like all my other Christmases... Usually we have a party or at least go to one, but this year we didn't do anything. We didn't put up decorations or even a tree, which was a bummer, but I'm hoping next Christmas, when things at my house turn around ('cause it's a huge mess here with my grandma and two dogs), we'll be back to doing the same ol' things again! Come to think of it, even Thanksgiving was different. Usually we either have a party or are invited to one, but this year it was just my parents, my younger brother, my grandma, and myself. It was simple and I enjoyed it. It gave me some time to realize the blessings I've been given and what I'm really thankful for.

If I didn't make it clear in the above paragraph, I celebrate Christmas (Woo! Go Jesus!)! Every year, the church I attend volunteer at a toy drive here in Central Park in Old Town where we organize and pass out gifts to families. I've only done it once before and it was so much fun! This year, instead of passing out toys, I took pictures of Santa and the kids. Personally, it was an amazing experience for me. I love kids and seeing them smile when they received their gifts was a huge blessing for me. I think I'll volunteer to take pictures every year from now on! And they had them old school cameras. Those polaroid cameras! I love those cameras! Point and click, wait a second, and bam! Photo! Mmm... memories. But once I got home, we didn't do anything. However, later that night, some of my friends and I went out to Denny's for a late dinner and watched Sherlock Holmes!

Overall, I enjoyed my holidays. They were simple and not overwhelming! Though I like simple, I did want more out of it this year, because I love my family and the holidays are the only times we get together (other than weddings and random visits). When I start my own family, we'll do it differently! We'll decorate every Christmas, have a get together every Thanksgiving, and Halloween will be one of the greatest nights ever! Yay!

By the way, remind me never to meet your parents, QD... o.o;  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:37 pm
VOLT!!!!! *uber glomp with glompsauce on top*

I changed it to New Year's. So now it's legit.

Wow, that is a bummer about Christmas. I know how it feels to do no decorations. It's like the Christmas spirit dissipates. But it's also when you have to really appreciate your family. And it's always nice to have a small, quiet Thanksgiving. At least that's what I'm used to. You get to cook with your family, share stories...and be thankful that you didn't burn down the house with that flambe.

Yeah, this year was really unusual holiday-wise for me as well. My roommates and I threw a pre-Thanksgiving party for our friends, and then my father and I visited my sister in Boston for Thanksgiving vacation.

Your grandmother moved in with your family?

Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun to volunteer! That must have been such an enlightening experience. It always fills me up up with joy when I help out kids. Maybe one year you could actually BE Santa! XD (But they canceled the production of polaroid film, so they might have to find another way of doing it in the future. ) Aw man, I wish I could hang out with my friends at Christmas. This year I ended up spending some of my vacation babysitting a relative's daughter. She was really sweet, even if she told some tall tales (but I guess a lot of 7 year olds are like that).

I'm totally with you on holding yearly holiday traditions and going all out. I love, love LOVE Halloween (I still trick-or-treat, even), I cook for Thanksgiving, decorate for Christmas, and party on New Years.

By the way, Happy New Year's, everyone!

And yeah, I wouldn't want to meet my parents either. XD  

Quiet Daydreamer

Advanced Enabler

Mizz_FUJIN

500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:23 am
Hang over cure please =____=  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:00 pm
Oh...I guess I'll stop playing the drum set here. *gives one last crash of the cymbal*

Ummm...dunno if this will help...*mixes a drink consisting of a raw egg, ginger ale, and alka-seltzer*  

Quiet Daydreamer

Advanced Enabler

Quiet Daydreamer

Advanced Enabler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:16 am
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

except for Rio, 'cuz she's in New Zealand, and Fujin, 'cuz she's in England, and all the Canadians since they already had their Thanksgiving.
But for everyone else, you get my sincerest wishes for a wonderful day filled with good food and lots of fun, whether you're with family, friends, or by yourself.

And, starting the day after Thanksgiving, no one will hear anything from my room except for a steady stream of Christmas music. LET THE HOLIDAY SEASON BEGIN!! 8D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:33 pm
Yay~! Winter Holidays are here in the house! Sadly this year I didn't get to stay up north all the way up to Thanksgiving, but I got to bring my love along with me this time.  

XHeartless-ReaperXX

Distinct Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

Quiet Daydreamer

Advanced Enabler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:24 pm
Up north? Where do you usually go? And your LOVE? Ooooh, I didn't know you had a certain someone!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:58 am
^////^ Yeah... usually we go up to Vermont for Thanksgiving, and the weekend before, making me miss only three days of school. I usually don't mention my love because well... that kind of stuff really doesn't come up.  

XHeartless-ReaperXX

Distinct Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100

Quiet Daydreamer

Advanced Enabler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:16 pm
Wow, a Vermont Thanksgiving. You have family up there, or is it just a vacation? XD I'm sorry, I don't mean to pry about your love life. It's just that the way you talk about it makes your relationship seem really nice and...I don't know, pure? Sincere? But yeah, if it makes you uncomfortable, I'll stop.

Still, lucky duck. Getting to go to Vermont for Thanksgiving. I haven't been to Vermont before, is it nice?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:50 pm
It's no problem. My grandmother lives up there and all my dad's brother's and sister's were there too, which is really rare. Vermont's beautiful, especially at night. You can actually see all the stars and the air is clean. My grandmother has a lot of land and the next neighbor is a long ways away. When it snows it looks like a beautiful wonderland.  

XHeartless-ReaperXX

Distinct Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100

Kichi Kuronagi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:42 pm
XHeartless-ReaperXX
It's no problem. My grandmother lives up there and all my dad's brother's and sister's were there too, which is really rare. Vermont's beautiful, especially at night. You can actually see all the stars and the air is clean. My grandmother has a lot of land and the next neighbor is a long ways away. When it snows it looks like a beautiful wonderland.
On the note of seeing the stars, that is one of the things I LOVE about where I live. the air here in colorado is thinner, and since I'm a good ways away from Denver, any clear night becomes AMAZINGLY beautiful.

Also: Snow covered fields are awesome, but I infinitely prefer snow covered woods. Just...when both the ground, and the trees, together are covered in snow, it looks amazing. Of course, snow is amazing in general.

Sorry to randomly butt into the conversation, but it seemed like as good a chance as any!  
KHBTD : Guild Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff